Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

DubInMeath wrote: »
    So you've never left here on holidays, never been on a ski trip myself but have been to Rome years ago.

One poster who was supporting her in these trends and going on about immigration, even from the E.U. is apparently living and working in Spain based on some of their posts in the covid threads.

I think it was mad to let the Italians in but we're still letting English people in and Irish traveling back from there, Spain etc.
    They traveled knowing what they were heading into and are bringing home potentially.

I never said agree with it all but we definitely done too little too late, we are a small island and this worst case could absolutely destroy us for years to come.

Pubs closed, restaurant also, café, tour buses and guided tours etc.

Many many businesses closing and this will cause direct and indirect employment issues and loses.

It's actually quite worrying to be honest.

I'm in work tomorrow and from what I'm hearing from colleague's is it's absolutely dead out there.

Hardly anyone using the buses so I can see this been scaled back or even stopped completely.

There is huge huge issues on the way and it's going to take a long time for recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I never said agree with it all but we definitely done too little too late, we are a small island and this worst case could absolutely destroy us for years to come.

Pubs closed, restaurant also, café, tour buses and guided tours etc.

Many many businesses closing and this will cause direct and indirect employment issues and loses.

It's actually quite worrying to be honest.

I'm in work tomorrow and from what I'm hearing from colleague's is it's absolutely dead out there.

Hardly anyone using the buses so I can see this been scaled back or even stopped completely.

There is huge huge issues on the way and it's going to take a long time for recovery.

Yes, and...?

It's a pandemic. Pan. As in, everywhere. Most likely brought here first by Irish people on holiday in Italy. Now being spread further by Irish people who came home this weekend and today from Cheltenham. It will be spread further by the 20,000 Irish people returning from Spain by Thursday.

What's your solution? What "border controls" would you have in place to stop a pandemic? What provision would you make for the NI border? For the absolute requirement to import food, clothes, electronics, household goods, and everything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

For those of us who don't bother following her on social media anymore, what's her take on Coronavirus, does she think it's a government engineered virus to assist the pension pot problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

Snotty wrote: »
    For those of us who don't bother following her on social media anymore, what's her take on Coronavirus, does she think it's a government engineered virus to assist the pension pot problem?

Nah .. its George Soros

• Registered Users Posts: 25,448 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

whippet wrote: »
    Nah .. its George Soros

I thought it was Bill Gates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I thought it was Bill Gates?

Bit of both, with 5G thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

She's out in Dublin Airport tonight shouting at the arrivals board and abusing the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

The Nal wrote: »
    She's out in Dublin Airport tonight shouting at the arrivals board and abusing the gardai.
    jaysus wept

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

#notmypresident

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Some may actually make sense, borders and border control should have been much stricter and we could have kept the numbers down....

Many are going to die that didn't need to.

What should’ve happened was actual precise locations of cases named. When we had the first case in Galway for example, it could’ve been contained in Galway by restricting movement in and out of the locality and so on. Same restrictions in other parts where there was new cases. Removal of the most vulnerable in these parts to hotels and across the country. I suspect the virus was in Ireland for weeks and we just weren’t told about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What did she say that was racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There's a video https://gemmaodoherty.com/videos/. I can't listen through 18 mins of the sound of a cat in the heat so will wait for someone else to point out the point in the video where the racist abuse happens.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Stark wrote: »
    There's a video https://gemmaodoherty.com/videos/. I can't listen through 18 mins of the sound of a cat in the heat so will wait for someone else to point out the point in the video where the racist abuse happens.

would you not take one for the team? we would all remember you fondly.

Birneybau wrote: »

I love that Dublin Airport's tweet has more likes than the number of first preferences Gemma got in the election!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The Nal wrote: »
    What did she say that was racist?

At 13m20s one of the Airport Police says: "Are you okay there, yeah?" and she then goes on what sounds like a drunken rant, saying stuff like:
    "He's not even Irish .. like a bloody Stasi Police officer .. some foreign security guard"

The funny thing is (at 14m37s) she says you can't even walk in your own Airport without being stopped by some foreign security guard, as she records a guy walking along listening to his headphones who clearly is not being stopped :P

At 13m20s one of the Airport Police says: "Are you okay there, yeah?" and she then goes on what sounds like a drunken rant, saying stuff like:

The funny thing is (at 14m37s) she says you can't even walk in your own Airport without being stopped by some foreign security guard, as she records a guy walking along listening to his headphones who clearly is not being stopped :P

Haha thats fantastic. Great timing. Poor oul scone, nothing better to do than walk around outside the airport at night on her own shouting at people.

Shes great entertainment when she goes fully manic.

I can’t believe I’m actually siding with her supporters. The semi state DAA should be apolitical and not be engaging in tit for tats with members of the public. There’s courts and policing to deal with this. if the member of staff felt he was racially abused then he is entitled to report this. No matter how crazy her opinions are, she shouldn’t be censored as it’s only increasing the number of her followers.

Bus Éireann, Iarnród Éireann and other semi-states deal with this on a day to day basis and don’t retort to it.

Nut job but let her be a nut job

I can’t believe I’m actually siding with her supporters. The semi state DAA should be apolitical and not be engaging in tit for tats with members of the public. There’s courts and policing to deal with this. if the member of staff felt he was racially abused then he is entitled to report this. No matter how crazy her opinions are, she shouldn’t be censored as it’s only increasing the number of her followers.

Bus Éireann, Iarnród Éireann and other semi-states deal with this on a day to day basis and don’t retort to it.

Nut job but let her be a nut job

The DAA reported her to twitter for racial abuse as they maintain that she uploaded a video that contains racial abuse of one of her staff. There is no censorship. The DAA have asked Twitter if she has broken the rules she agreed to when she joined twitter. Knowing her she probably has.

And i dont see any tit for tat from the DAA. perhaps you can point our where they have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

at the end of the day it's their premises and there's a loon running around abusing staff, filming and live streaming, if she tried that in the US she would be at risk of being terminated, so she's getting off lightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭golfball37

at the end of the day it's their premises and there's a loon running around abusing staff, filming and live streaming, if she tried that in the US she would be at risk of being terminated, so she's getting off lightly.

Agree but there was no need to play the race card imo. Typical laziness from daa but it got them cheap likes as she is a known racist

The DAA reported her to twitter for racial abuse as they maintain that she uploaded a video that contains racial abuse of one of her staff. There is no censorship. The DAA have asked Twitter if she has broken the rules she agreed to when she joined twitter. Knowing her she probably has.

And i dont see any tit for tat from the DAA. perhaps you can point our where they have done that.

Publicly replying to her comment and announcing to the world that they have reported her to twitter. accusing her in the public domain of racial abuse towards an employee in that video when what she said in that video is open to interpretation and they could potentially be sued for it. GDPR is probably another area that could land them in hot water here.

If any state department or semi-state has an issue with her behaviour then they go to AGS and the courts. All they have done here is given here more publicity.

Publicly replying to her comment and announcing to the world that they have reported her to twitter. accusing her in the public domain of racial abuse towards an employee in that video when what she said in that video is open to interpretation and they could potentially be sued for it. GDPR is probably another area that could land them in hot water here.

If any state department or semi-state has an issue with her behaviour then they go to AGS and the courts. All they have done here is given here more publicity.

Please explain how, exactly, GDPR has anything whatsoever to do with this?!

where does GDPR come into it?
    Exposed her to more ridicule you mean.

If I own a Supervalu store and you come in and steal a product and I try/have you arrested. Later you curse me out of it on Twitter for selling out of date sausages, Id imagine I can’t turn around on social media and make an allegation that you stole from my store. Businesses have got into trouble recently for posting CCTV on Facebook of alleged crimes. Again this should of been dealt with discreetly and if the security guard felt he suffered racial abuse then reported it to An Garda Síochána accordingly.

So your answer is "I was completely mistaken to mention GDPR, which has nothing whatsoever to do with Gemma's latest stunt out at the airport, or Dublin Airport's reaction."

Glad we clarified that, so.

If I own a Supervalu store and you come in and steal a product and I try/have you arrested. Later you curse me out of it on Twitter for selling out of date sausages, Id imagine I can’t turn around on social media and make an allegation that you stole from my store. Businesses have got into trouble recently for posting CCTV on Facebook of alleged crimes. Again this should of been dealt with discreetly and if the security guard felt he suffered racial abuse then reported it to An Garda Síochána accordingly.

DAA didnt post CCTV. They reported one of gemmas own posts that contained one of her screaching videos that she took in contravention of DAA bye-laws. So, again, what does GDPR have to do with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,448 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The only one posting video is Gemma, she broke the by laws of Dublin airport and she knew this. She is an attention whore taking in the money from gullible fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I cant decide if
    A She genuinely btlieves what she posts
    B She has had some sort of mentsl breakdown
    C She doesnt believe what she is posting but just wants people to get outraged at her

But that exactly where I'm coming from...kinda.

I'm proposing she's deliberately being outrageous just to get attention. And she's getting it.

I'd be more with C but I don't think she's doing it to get ppl outraged, I think she's doing it to get ppl thinking about the fundamental issues of Ireland being part of the EU and the consequences of being part of it.

And to be fair to that, does the ordinary Irish Citizen have any idea what it means to be part of the EU? Yes they have seen the benefits but do they know the negatives. The UK left because of the negatives don't forget.

So all I'm suggesting is...it's not plausible she's nut's or having a mental breakdown...as on the face of it one might think, rather I think she's being really clever to get ppl thinking about issues that are not popular to discuss because of a very left leaning attitude in the media, in politics and in this country in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

AllForIt wrote: »
    But that exactly where I'm coming from...kinda.

I'm proposing she's deliberately being outrageous just to get attention. And she's getting it.

I'd be more with C but I don't think she's doing it to get ppl outraged, I think she's doing it to get ppl thinking about the fundamental issues of Ireland being part of the EU and the consequences of being part of it.

And to be fair to that, does the ordinary Irish Citizen have any idea what it means to be part of the EU? Yes they have seen the benefits but do they know the negatives. The UK left because of the negatives don't forget.

So all I'm suggesting is...it's not plausible she's nut's or having a mental breakdown...as on the face of it one might think, rather I think she's being really clever to get ppl thinking about issues that are not popular to discuss because of a very left leaning attitude in the media, in politics and in this country in general.

Either you're being really disingenuous, or you're unbelievably naive. Gems is insane. And that's being kind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement