Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well thats acceptable then I guess they can just live happily ever after then get on with their lives as if they never did anything.

Who says they should I think they should be throw in jail and the keys lost. Pray tell what will having there pic out there, there name, there parents will do.The only person deserves my thought is Ana and not those 2 things

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

If their names were general public knowledge, guaranteed someone else would be harmed - probably a family member of the two convicted via vigilante mob. Not that they did a particularly good job raising their children, but they deserve to have their anonymity preserved. They're genuinely in a dangerous situation one would feel such is the heightened levels of public anger, anxiety and confusion about the case.

I was young at the time, so I only vaguely remember the James Bulger case; but I do recall seeing the crowds outside the courthouse baying for blood. Liverpool was ready to explode around then, and the media had an awful lot to do with stoking public anger.

Has the principal of her school faced any questions from authorities or the media? Did they try to deal with the bullying.

Probably called in the kids and parents had a talk. Parents go not ours surely. Kids put on a good display. Principle kept an eye out but other then that not much they can do

pjohnson wrote: »
    Your comprehension is not working. I meant its inevitable there will be mistaken identity when they bend over backwards to protect the murderers. If they weren't trying to hide their ID and just made it public officially then no innocent could possibly be attacked by a mob.

Its misinformation that causes those attacks. Misinformation is caused by the gardai tryna hide the actual information.

No misinformation is the responsibility of those who spread it and no one.The gardai are doing there job as the law says let's not blame this for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

tuxy wrote: »
    His DNA(semen) was on her dead body. They would have found and convicted boy A under almost every circumstance I can think of.

Really? By all accounts Boy A was also tall and strong being male I don't see why he wouldn't have been able to overpower her, especially when he had planned it out.

This isn't CSI Ireland. We don't have a vast semen database. They wouldn't have gotten a match if they didn't know who to test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

TBH I personally will give this a week from now, and then it will all move on.

We will all forget it soon enough, but the parents of Ana will never be able to forget.
    I never forgot about James bulger. And I will never forget about poor innocent Ana either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

In what regard?

We survived perfectly well before the advent of 'Smartphones', how about the below,

No minors legally allowed to own one, have unsupervised access to internet.

Let’s not be distracted from the point of what I am saying.

Children can be perfectly happy without Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and all that other bo**ox etc.

Control of access to these platforms should be the same as it always was with Films etc. that were 18+, damn difficult to obtain and not permitted by parents until, you are over 16 or even 18.

The internet is a rabbit hole of the worst of humanity if you want to go looking for it, children should not be allowed to 'Surf it' (Another cool term applied to make it sound cool and not threatening)

The good far out weighs the bad. There's teenage tech millionaires that created apps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Yurt! wrote: »
    If their names were general public knowledge, guaranteed someone else would be harmed - probably a family member of the two convicted via vigilante mob. Not that they did a particularly good job raising their children, but they deserve to have their anonymity preserved. They're genuinely in a dangerous situation one would feel such is the heightened levels of public anger, anxiety and confusion about the case.

I was young at the time, so I only vaguely remember the James Bulger case; but I do recall seeing the crowds outside the courthouse baying for blood. Liverpool was ready to explode around then, and the media had an awful lot to do with stoking public anger.

I doubt a mob is going to come up from the other side of the country. Their names are well known in the area. They had been still been living here - at least up until the trial started - and largely have been left alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

Such BULL****. Put resources into rooting out bullying and children who have psychopathic tendencies FIRST. ."

Children dont naturally have psychopathic tendencies, they develop them in certain ways, one of those being exposure to inappropriate content.

Let me ask you, how do you think these boys turned into such twisted f**king monsters?

Overexposure to Tom & Jerry with loving home and upbringing?

I would hazard a guess, uncontrolled access to all manner of disturbing imagery, possibly f**ked up online video games and parents that didnt give two f**ks.

Remove all of the above and what do you think could possibly have changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Seriously? That's rubbish. We are not in Liverpool.

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    I doubt a mob is going to come up from the other side of the country. Their names are well known in the area. They had been still been living here - at least up until the trial started - and largely have been left alone.

I still hold that naming them would prompt a free-for-all. Perhaps the people of Lucan don't want to see pitchforks in their own community, but there is a definite element that would seek to harness public anger and cause scenes if the names were more widely known.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bambi wrote: »
    Two psychos looking for a victim chose the most vulnerable, good looking girl that they knew. Lesson learned, unless you're like Ruth Coppinger and want to drag some poxy agenda into everything regardless.

get a grip . I have no agenda except to explore reasons and hope we all learn lessons . Yes she was vulnerable and she was also isolated by a group and had no friends .Of course it is to be looked at if it was a factor .

gozunda wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yes seriously. Vegans in aisle 5, repeat, vegans in aisle 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is this correct ? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that there was unknown dna on ana ?
    Are you suggesting a 3rd party was involvd?

From what someone earlier in the thread said, it seems the unknown DNA didn't belong to Boy A, but it was also too small of a sample to test against others including Boy B. So it may be Boy B but couldn't be fully tested or used as evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

I still hold that naming them would prompt a free-for-all. Perhaps the people of Lucan don't want to see pitchforks in their own community, but there is a definite element that would seek to harness public anger and cause scenes if the names were more widely known.

Leixlip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Is this correct ? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that there was unknown dna on ana ?
    Are you suggesting a 3rd party was involvd?

Did boys A parents try to get him out of the country??

There was 'Touch DNA' on her top that did not match boy A but which was an insufficient sample to be evidence of positively identifying someone else.

The DNA evidence you hear about in court cases and police investigations is mostly from blood and semen. Touch DNA is a more difficult and contentious source.

You could interpret the above information that it was not just boy A present during the attack and killing. And not just him that ripped her clothes off. Boy B being potentially the other. The evidence was not enough to establish this as a fact.

Of course it does but that’s not what’s happening here. People still seem to be intent on blaming everyone but A&B as if they are two innocent little boys who were let down by their families, the school and the state.

Not on e post has said that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

The reason people support mob justice is because of our soft touch justice system. How would you feel if this happened to your daughter only to see the perpetrators get a joke of a sentence and then set up with new identities and new lives. If our Justice system was strong and fair then maybe people would stop baying for blood.

Yes seriously. Vegans in aisle 5, repeat, vegans in aisle 5.

So Idiotic replies again...

Since you keep repeating this bs Btw what have got against vegans?
    Like this one
    Vegans are cultists and complete dullards to be around. Constantly talking about their diet and pushing their pseudo science on 'carnivores'.

Theres lots more of that type of ****e tbh. I wont bore others here linking them all.

To paraphrase yourself ..

Obsessed with vegans, feminists, Asians, farmers etc. No, I'm not ars*d getting into your playpen ...

Penn wrote: »
    From what someone earlier in the thread said, it seems the unknown DNA didn't belong to Boy A, but it was also too small of a sample to test against others including Boy B. So it may be Boy B but couldn't be fully tested or used as evidence.

Its possible that the sample was degraded or couidnt be fully tested. I do wonder did boy B somehow dodge ths bullet on this one

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    So Idiotic replies again...

Since you keep repeating this bs Btw what have got against vegans?
    Like this one

Had a bad date with a vegan around then. Low sample size. I don't bore the rest of boards with it though.

Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 39,745 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hal3000 wrote: »
    The reason people support mob justice is because of our soft touch justice system. How would you feel if this happened to your daughter only to see the perpetrators get a joke of a sentence and then set up with new identities and new lives. If our Justice system was strong and fair then maybe people would stop baying for blood.

IF someone supports or engages in mob justice, it's very little to do with their thought out feelings of the Justice System and all to do with the fact they are a clinical moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Children dont naturally have psychopathic tendencies, they develop them in certain ways, one of those being exposure to inappropriate content.

Let me ask you, how do you think these boys turned into such twisted f**king monsters?

Overexposure to Tom & Jerry with loving home and upbringing?

I would hazard a guess, uncontrolled access to all manner of disturbing imagery, possibly f**ked up online video games and parents that didnt give two f**ks.

Remove all of the above and what do you think could possibly have changed?

Ah yes, of course, it must have been those video games. There was no murder before they were invented...
    From everything I've heard both sets of boys came from loving homes. They both have siblings who haven't murdered anyone yet. Maybe they weren't monitored enough, maybe something went on behind closed doors, but sometimes people are just sick in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Boggles wrote: »
    IF someone supports or engages in mob justice, it's very little to do with their thought out feelings of the Justice System and all to do with the fact they are a clinical moron.

No it's human nature to feel outraged and angry. Have you seen sentenecs handed out in this country? They would enrage the most level headed person!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

mcgovern wrote: »
    Ah yes, of course, it must have been those video games. There was no murder before they were invented...
    From everything I've heard both sets of boys came from loving homes. They both have siblings who haven't murdered anyone yet. Maybe they weren't monitored enough, maybe something went on behind closed doors, but sometimes people are just sick in the head.

I have played video games since the days of the Atari 2600, the progression of them has gone completely the wrong way.

Majorly violent and some x rated.

You have a lot of maybes,

Maybe what i am saying has some logic to it and would do no harm to implement it, and the outcomes Maybe better for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

He would definitely be charged with something. Obstruction at the least.

Nope, it's called the right to remain silent. He dug the hole for himself and hopped into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,745 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hal3000 wrote: »
    No it's human nature to feel outraged and angry. Have you seen sentenecs handed out in this country? They would enrage the most level headed person!

Big difference between feeling angry and engaging in mob justice.

That mentality comes from the same sick well as Boy A dipped into.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Boggles wrote: »

Correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

All the people supporting vigilante justice, or supporting a death penalty for the boys involved are not thinking about Ana or her family, it is just their own desire for revenge.

Nothing can bring Ana back or ease the parents grief.

I think the idea of vigilante mobs is just an affront to her memory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement