Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euphoria (2019) [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It kind of jumped the shark in season 2 with the over the top shootout but considering most of the cast have not become too big I can see one more season. Also the showrunner needs to rehab his reputation after that terrible idol show

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

My biggest issue with series 2 was how so much was simply forgotten and never mentioned again. Like nate having all the dick pics on his phone, heavily implying he was either closeted or bi, and then.. nothing? It was completely forgotten. Series 2 was just very silly overall.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I've always thought it was very obvious that he didn't have a clue what to do with any character other than Rue. And even then he didn't have a plan for her in S2 until she hit rock bottom. The ridiculous stuff he tangled her up in to get there for the last 2 episodes was embarrassingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I did not mind season 2 so much. enjoyed most of it. but thought the part with nates dad was shite. they should have just left his story finish the way it was, with him just leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Filming of season 3 has been delayed indefinitely.

The cast have been given permission to pursue other roles.

That is pretty much the end of it then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Between one thing and another the shine fell off this pretty quickly. S1 was at least stylish and interesting, but S2 was a mess and made it clear Levinson had very little to say. Throw in the flop that was The Idol and HBO are probably happy to bin this.

I do think the "permission to take other roles" things refers to the months they were supposed to film. Most of the cast have been working pretty consistently since the last season wrapped. Sydney Sweeney said only a few weeks ago that as far as she knew they were back to shooting in May. So I'd assume they had a chunk of their calendars blocked off for that, which they can now fill with other things

Advertisement