Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

It is very clear the current American regime that assumed office on 9th April 2018 are to blame for all this carry on. The whole world need to treat this American regime and its REAL LEADER John Bolton as the pariahs they are. Pressure both internally and externally should be put on Trump to get rid of the evil regime that he has allowed form under his eye. NOBODY wants Bolton and his rubbish policy and this dystopian nightmare needs to be ended. With more Republicans coming out and criticising this regime, let's hope we will see the back of them ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The whole world need to treat this American regime and its REAL LEADER John Bolton

Not this nonsensical cak again.

Bolton this , Bolton that I seen a completely fictional TV program and using this to rant about as some kind of koolaid instead sticking to reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Gatling wrote: »
    Not this nonsensical cak again.

Bolton this , Bolton that I seen a completely fictional TV program and using this to rant about as some kind of koolaid instead sticking to reality

The reality is Bolton is a warmonger and a war criminal who has not learned his bloody lesson from Iraq. It is obvious that Bolton has Trump where he wants him: after the midterms, Trump would have distanced himself from Bolton and remodeled himself like GW Bush did otherwise. Trump didn't because Trump works for Bolton and Pompeo.

Bolton is not a character from a fictional TV show. He is real. And he is in control of the regime. I saw a misogynist warmongering pig like him being stabbed and bludgeoned to death by his intended victim in a fictional TV series last Thursday evening but sadly it was fictional and not real! Bolton has this coming to him and let's hope he gets beaten to death in prison in the near future. These American Nazis need to get the same treatment as the leftovers of Hitler's regime did. They are the very same: they speak English, not German and live in the 2010s and not 1930s/1940s. But that's the only differences.

Trump is irrelevant since 9th April 2018. Everyone knows this, apart from Trump himself!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

The reality is Bolton is a warmonger and a war criminal who has not learned his bloody lesson from Iraq. It is obvious that Bolton has Trump where he wants him: after the midterms, Trump would have distanced himself from Bolton and remodeled himself like GW Bush did otherwise. Trump didn't because Trump works for Bolton and Pompeo.

Bolton is not a character from a fictional TV show. He is real. And he is in control of the regime. I saw a misogynist warmongering pig like him being stabbed and bludgeoned to death by his intended victim in a fictional TV series last Thursday evening but sadly it was fictional and not real! Bolton has this coming to him and let's hope he gets beaten to death in prison in the near future. These American Nazis need to get the same treatment as the leftovers of Hitler's regime did. They are the very same: they speak English, not German and live in the 2010s and not 1930s/1940s. But that's the only differences.

Trump is irrelevant since 9th April 2018. Everyone knows this, apart from Trump himself!

WOW, just WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

There is something going on with Iran right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There is something going on with Iran right now.

Details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

You fucking idiot, after 2001 oil prices went up sky high, so did petrol/diesel, when they came back down that didn't and never has registered on the billboards outside the garages.

Iran can hit back in a lot of asymmetrical ways, and they will, never doubt that, the USA will need to buy oil and gas from Russia or Venezuela, the petro blabber is ****ed, the world is entering a new stage, US influence is in decline, China and Russia designed and upgraded carrier killers since the 80's, they now have improved and perfected them to do what it says on the tin, I fear you are one day going to look like a dejected kid walking home crying with his stars and stripes flag between his legs.

Okay comrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Gibraltar have released the Iranian tanker

rapul wrote: »
    Gibraltar have released the Iranian tanker

Apparently trump wanted it held ,some how I expect to hear US navy seals boarding it in a few days

Apparently trump wanted it held ,some how I expect to hear US navy seals boarding it in a few days

Yeah heard that alrite, England want to keep terms okish with Tehran if possible and apparently Iran has said the tanker will not go to Syria and it will be watched so will be interesting with regards to your prediction on the Trump end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,037 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Saudi Arabia have upgraded their overland pipelines to 7mbpd, which is their daily export amount, so theoretically they don't need to use the straits, and while this will increase some shipping costs, it will reduce insurance.

So who will now get impacted by a blockade ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

The UK made the decision to release the tanker? Would the US navy pirated it again?

smurfjed wrote: »

So who will now get impacted by a blockade ?

Very few I believe ,oil prices haven't budged at all since this all started ,no panic buying or sudden price increases Iran needs to realise the world is moving on from ME oil and finding alternatives ,
    Leaving them with empty threats

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I hope not. That would be an act of piracy/war if done in international waters - there not being any UN approved sanctions against Iran.

The price of oil hasn't gone up, only because it looks like Trump has triggered a recession and trade war and the number crunchers have come to the conclusion that demand for oil is likely to fall a lot in the near term. Ordinarily I would have expected it to have gone up.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I hope not. That would be an act of piracy/war if done in international waters - there not being any UN approved sanctions against Iran.

If they think it's going to Syria then its fair game (open to correction)

My understanding was that the oil was stopped as it was going to Syria and not because it was specifically Iranian. So if the ship just leaves the Med, then they have no justification to stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

If they think it's going to Syria then its fair game (open to correction)

You might be spot on for once. Hearing the US has issued a warrant to seize the Iranian tanker grace 1. How it will happen have to wait and see.

You might be spot on

Usual am .

Could well see some navy seals via Italy boarding in the next few days

So America have issued a warrant to seize the Grace 1 if it leaves Gibraltar

• Advertisement

So America have issued a warrant to seize the Grace 1 if it leaves Gibraltar

Yes they did

Yes they did

How do you feel about that Netanyahu?

But seriously one has to wonder if America do seize it will Iran do anything, can only be pushed so far before something happens

But seriously one has to wonder if America do seize it will Iran do anything, can only be pushed so far before something happens

It's more than likely iran will tell the tanker to stay put for fear of US navy siezing it ,and face loosing millions of dollars if US courts find it breached it's sanctions

All the Iranians have to do is sail out of the Med and change the destination to Iran, therefore the ship couldn't be touched. Then somewhere along the west africa coast, offload the oil.

smurfjed wrote: »
    All the Iranians have to do is sail out of the Med and change the destination to Iran, therefore the ship couldn't be touched. Then somewhere along the west africa coast, offload the oil.

In theory yes ,

But in reality the moment they power up their engine's in Gibraltar there will be a US boat or helicopter ready to intercept where ever it goes ,
    I believe the warrant is for breaching sanctions and funding of terrorist organisations , safe to assume it's no longer about where the oil was destined for ,

The warrant is based on domestic US laws and therefore has no UN backing. Where does the US get the legal authority to apply US law in International waters?

It's no different than an Iranian court declaring a US ship has breached some law that applies in Iran and then using that as a pretext to attack said vessel when it's in International waters.

cnocbui wrote: »

It's no different than an Iranian court declaring a US ship has breached some law that applies in Iran and then using that as a pretext to attack said vessel when it's in International waters.

This is what Iran has already done at least 3 times ,

International waters offers you little or no legal protections when it comes to situations like this ,

I'm sure there is some legal argument to allow it to happen some how ,

It's like when other countries extradite citizens for prosecution in the US when they didn't break laws in their own country

Iranian government says Grace 1 will be leaving Gibraltar this evening or tomorrow afternoon ,
    They also renamed the vessel to Adrian Darya-1

Iranian government says Grace 1 will be leaving Gibraltar this evening or tomorrow afternoon ,
    They also renamed the vessel to Adrian Darya-1

Yes they did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Drones have altered the game in the Middle East

Long Range Attack On Saudi Oil Field Ends War On Yemen
    Today Saudi Arabia finally lost the war on Yemen. It has no defenses against new weapons the Houthis in Yemen acquired. These weapons threaten the Saudis economic lifelines. This today was the decisive attack:

Drones launched by Yemen’s Houthi rebels attacked a massive oil and gas field deep inside Saudi Arabia’s sprawling desert on Saturday, causing what the kingdom described as a “limited fire” in the second such recent attack on its crucial energy industry.

<snip>
    The attack conclusively demonstrates that the most important assets of the Saudis are now under threat. This economic threat comes on top of a seven percent budget deficit the IMF predicts for Saudi Arabia. Further Saudi bombing against the Houthi will now have very significant additional cost that might even endanger the viability of the Saudi state. The Houthi have clown prince Mohammad bin Salman by the balls and can squeeze those at will.

The drones and missiles the Houthi use are copies of Iranian designs assembled in Yemen with the help of Hizbullah experts from Lebanon. Four days ago a Houthi delegation visited Iran. During the visit Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei for the first time publicly admitted that the Houthi have Iran's support:

source

Also

Syria - Frontline Breach Opens Door To A Deep Battle For Idlib

Iran oil tanker: Gibraltar orders release of Grace 1

Gibraltar defies US and releases seized Iranian tanker Grace 1

US issues warrant to seize Iranian oil tanker Grace 1

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Advertisement