Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

smurfjed wrote: »
    @Gatling

Yep so looks like it.

The Iranian people are absolutely amazing and do not deserve this crap.

By all accounts yes I believe so , I seem to remember Iranian students protesting demanding change to their situation they were met with bullets and tanks ,
    Very few people on here ever mention it , but as long as you fly an anti America flag or agendas then shooting unarmed civilian protester's is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@the late late show
    Saudi Arabia, the world's top sponsor of terrorism, has MANY armies: ISIS, Taliban, Boko Haram, Al Shabaab, ISIS/ISIL/DAESH. Professional terrorist armies of the worst kind. The American dunces of the April 2018 regime bow down and idolise Saudi Arabia's crown prince MBS. Bolton and Pompeo are afraid they will be carved up perhaps?

have you got one piece of justification within the last 24 months for your above statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Gatling wrote: »
    The Triton drone that was shot down actually has zero defensive capabilties ,
    Other manned surveillance airfare would have electronic counter measures and chaff but not physical weapon capabilities .

Thought rumour has it in some situations f22s provide overwatch for some aircraft

I cannot find any reference to any missile defense capacity. That is a suprise for an aircraft that cost 130 million dollars. I was wrong in assuming it had a defense system.

RQ4 Global hawk speed can fly over 400mph a hour is not slow and fly up to 60,000 feet.

It lot harder to hit targets high up in the air.
    Nope its easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

In my opinion, Trump is not in the favour of war with Iran but some strong lobbies are pressurizing him to start a war. War is not in favour of Americans for now. They have seen the side effects of a trade war with China as they farming products' sellers faced loss. Yes, Chinese also paid the cost of the trade war. In the same token, Americans also didn't win a single war for years and they are already engaged in Afghanistan. To win the next elections, Trump shouldn't go with any trade war or war with Iran idea.

I am not going to say I am a fan of Trump but at least he is not a hypocrite though the deep state of America doesn't like him.

• Advertisement

I know what you saying, but the Saudis are using their own armed forces to fight the houties. There partner in this fight UAE is now retreating from the fight and returning its military home. A boost for the houtis in Yemen.
    Arent they all supposed to move to peaceful positions rather than offence positions due to the Stockholm agreement?

The official media barely reports on this and Saudis are not releasing new information about the damage caused by the drone attacks. Houtis are attacking Saudi Arabia easily and bought US air defences are not stopping the attacks.
    Trust me, its reported.

A bit like the US shooting down an Iranian airliner flying on a regular passenger schedule by mistaking it for an attacking aircraft.

An indecent in which the US repeatedly lied about aspects of the shooting down.

In what year?

It takes a lot longer than a few seconds to track and then launch and then for the missile to hit a high flying aircraft like the one shot down by the Iranians.
    You have zero knowledge of military systems
    I do, you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Advertisement

I cannot find any reference to any missile defense capacity. That is a suprise for an aircraft that cost 130 million dollars. I was wrong in assuming it had a defense system.

None of America's surveillance aircraft ever had the ability to defend themselves ,from the U2 to SR-71 ( it out ran literally hundreds of missiles ) from China and Russia and other countries .

I know they are planning adding air to air missiles to some drones but surveillance craft won't get air to ground or anti radar missiles ,
    Essentially drones are throw away assets

A bit like the US shooting down an Iranian airliner

An indecent in which the US repeatedly lied about aspects of the shooting down.

Russia has done it multiple times and yet still blame everyone else .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Russia has done it multiple times and yet still blame everyone else .

Translated....Look over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I do, you don't.

Are you quoting/replying and removing the posters name?

Translated....Look over there!

No translated as remember when other countries did it more than twice ......

No fauxrage ahhh America didn't do it ,ah sure it's fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

@the late late show

have you got one piece of justification within the last 24 months for your above statement?

Go into Google, set it to images and search for MBS Bolton, MBS Pompeo, MBS Trump, etc. and you will see this cosy relationship.

To see the REAL start of Al Qaeda/ISIS/Taliban, one has to go back to the early 1980s and the way America and the Saudis formed Al Qaeda to fight alongside religious Afghans against the USSR and non-religious Afghans.

And then there is 9/11. Guess where most of the hijackers came from? Yes, Saudi Arabia. The whole culture in Saudi Arabia just breeds terrorism. The Wahabbism, the encouragement of businessmen to donate to militants in Palestine (and by extension to the worse Al Qaeda and ISIS groups), a deep hatred of the West and Israel, etc. is all there ingrained in the people much moreseo than anywhere else. Yet, dunces in the April 2018 regime in America cannot even hint at seeing this and ignore Saudi's malign influence. Islamic extremism could not exist if Saudi Arabia didn't exist in its current form. A horrible state that all other Islamic theologies copy.

To see the REAL start of Al Qaeda/ISIS/Taliban, one has to go back to the early 1980s and the way America and the Saudis formed Al Qaeda to

No not true at all .

Sorry.

Which bargain bin movie was this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

No not true at all .

Sorry.

Which bargain bin movie was this

Is that you, MBS?

Well, go read about Maktab al-Khidamat and a guy called Abdullah Azzam. There is a bargain bin movie from the late 1980s supporting the Islamic insurgency against the USSR called Rambo 3. Pro-Mujahedin propaganda was everywhere back then (and this film was even allowed to be filmed in Israel: think about it: Israel allowing a propaganda film about a movement that one day would become their enemy? Yes, it all happened and is true). Typical cold war mentality = support all those who fight against communists no matter what they are! America went to bed with Islamic extremism without looking to the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

BloodBath wrote: »
    400mph is pretty slow in fairness. Some propeller based planes in WW2 could go faster than that 80 odd years ago.

Modern AA missile systems can track targets that high easily and travel in excess of 3000mph.

Your only hope is outrunning the range of those missiles but you would probably want an SR-71 blackbird to do that.

It's slow compared to fighter jet, but 400mph to 500mph a hour is fast for a drone.

Global Hawk can go as high as 60,000 feet in the air ( commercial airliner fly about 35,000 feet) that very high alititide for a missile to reach the target. Global Hawk is known to have stealth capabilities and jamming technology.

The Houtis have shown is not that easy to destroy military drones. The houtis are flying drones from Yemen every week and they are attacking the same target area multiple times. The Saudi air defence is struggling to track the drones and destroy them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

@Jimmy garlic

If you cannot get the simple facts correct, then you have become irrelevant in this discussion.
    :confused: Does it matter where Khashoggi was murdered?
    The Saudis are our allies ('our' being EU, US and Israel) so the compliant media quickly dropped the story as it had zero propaganda value.
    End of story ...

• Advertisement

Trust me, its reported.

Official media only reports strikes when there deaths and injuries. I seeing the houtis striking targets in Saudi Arabia weekly. They hitting at Asaba and Jizan airport weekly and Saudis air defence is struggling.

There also striking military targets, the Saudis are not releasing statements about this. In this day and age people can track these attacks by open sourcing and other means.

It's slow compared to fighter jet, but 400mph to 500mph a hour is fast for a drone.

Global Hawk can go as high as 60,000 feet in the air

The Houtis have shown is not that easy to destroy military drones.

Actually again you don't know what your talking about it was a Triton drone that was shot down which has doesn't fly 500 + mph not is it in any way stealth ,

"The Houtis have shown is not that easy to destroy military drones"

How exactly have they - your talking about several strikes using aerial ieds and thinking they have beaten the world

Or would you rather Saudi risk shooting down civilian airliners in an attempt to take out a relatively small drone over a large civilian airport

I seeing the houtis striking targets in Saudi Arabia daily

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

No translated as remember when other countries did it more than twice ......

No fauxrage ahhh America didn't do it ,ah sure it's fine

No it's not fine. You are deflecting as usual. I doubt on the thread about Russian backed insurgents downing an aircraft you were deflecting by saying , yes, but look what America has done in the past. It's possible to be critical of both, Gatling. I wonder why you can't do it;)

It's possible to be critical of both, Gatling. I wonder why you can't do it;)

Critical of both but yet we only ever see certain posters when it comes to America meanwhile celebrating other countries attrosocities .

And it was russian forces who shot down flight MH17 .

I've been more than critical of the bush era wars bar Afghanistan which some people seem to think the Taliban as some kind of peace love democratic government ....
    I'm not fan of trump and or Bolton.

So your point mute unfortunately

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

What's going on here? More lies.

The Iran deal was working perfectly. Because Obama signed it off, Trump had to undo it, as a great leader he is measured be everything he reverses from his predecessor.

Iran kept to the terms of the deal regardless, until Trump threatened a massive invasion. Iraq did very little, most of US agression is worthless.

And here we are today.

until Trump threatened a massive invasion.

Did he ?

Incident has taken place in Strait of Hormuz.

Five Iranian IRGC boats unsuccessfully tried to seize a British oil tanker "British Heritage" in the Persian Gulf today, US officials with knowledge of the incident tell @barbarastarrcnn. The Iranians ordered the tanker to change course & stop in nearby Iranian territorial waters

HMS Montrose a British warship nearby was going to open fire and told the Iranian ships to back off, and they did. Supposedly the incident was recorded by US survillence warplanes. I noticed lot of activity in air today around the Persian Gulf and felt something was up, wasn't sure if they were watching or preparing for a Strike in Syria or was a drill, now we know.

Sky news not much only there to report. It only announced awhile ago.
    https://news.sky.com/story/boats-try-to-stop-british-tanker-off-iranian-coast-11760714

• Advertisement

Actually again you don't know what your talking about it was a Triton drone that was shot down which has doesn't fly 500 + mph not is it in any way stealth ,

"The Houtis have shown is not that easy to destroy military drones"

How exactly have they - your talking about several strikes using aerial ieds and thinking they have beaten the world

Or would you rather Saudi risk shooting down civilian airliners in an attempt to take out a relatively small drone over a large civilian airport

It was not a Triton drone. It was RQ4 Drone. MQ-4C is a Triton.

RQ4 can fly 400+ mph and some drones can fly faster.

I never said the frame was stealth, i said it has capabilities to jam signals and go dark off radar. Even the Iranians said it went stealth mode when left base and entered Iranian territory.

The Houtis are launching them from Yemen hundreds of miles away.

Advertisement