Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

you're either misinformed or uninformed.

I made the assumption that he wouldn't be travelling due to the death of his grandfather hence I said "I think"

https://rip.ie/death-notice/anthony-tony-kelly-ennis-clare/457901

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭supernova5

anyone watching on the TG4 Player App,?

by the looks of the half-time score line, not too impressive from Clare and have it all to do in the second half against the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭letowski

supernova5 wrote: »

by the looks of the half-time score line, not too impressive from Clare and have it all to do in the second half against the wind

Very loose at the back and coughed up easy scores. Forwards doing OK. Very error ridden. Diarmuid Ryan and Tony Kelly the best so far. The two debutants are struggling a bit. Quilligan in goals has made a few mistakes.

Could easily lose this if we don't improve.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We're very loose and could have let it a couple of goals at the start of the second half. Antrim are winning after 46,1 15 to 17

Our full back line is completely at sea and I don't think Conlon is a full back, he gives away a lot of "forward" frees.

Antrim up by a point at the water break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Figerty

supernova5 wrote: »

Where is the link on the app?

It's on GAA Go

Ref has pulled Antrim a couple of times for over carrying but is letting us away for it, he also seems hellbent on not applying the new rule against either team.

Level after 56 minutes

Cleary managed to pick the ball off the ground and throw it while looking like he was being fouled. Antrim up by a point after 61, time to spring a few subs or else we're going to lose this I fear

Lucky not to go 2 behind but Reidy with a much needed point

• Advertisement

Great Antrim point, we don't deserve to win this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Clareman wrote: »
    I made the assumption that he wouldn't be travelling due to the death of his grandfather hence I said "I think"

https://rip.ie/death-notice/anthony-tony-kelly-ennis-clare/457901
    apologises I wasn't aware of that, I'll delete the previous post so.

2 points down 1 minute into injury time

Reidy isn't a center forward

Dark days :(

Antrim win deservedly

now we know the size of the task ahead for rest of League and Championship,

I think Clare hurling may be heading back to the doldrums for a while. Not enough talent, a mess at board level, no success at underage, dilapidated facilities, etc.

Very hard to be positive right now.

I don't think we can blame lack of facilities on this shambles, we have some of the best club facilities in the country as well as access to the state of the art facilities in UL, I also haven't heard of anything not being available when asked.

We're coming to the end of the road with this group of players and we've nothing coming through, this wasn't a second string team or a team in the middle of heavy training, this is close to our championship team after being well beaten by a much better Antrim team, we were lucky to only lose by 2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't think we can blame lack of facilities on this shambles, we have some of the best club facilities in the country as well as access to the state of the art facilities in UL, I also haven't heard of anything not being available when asked.

We're coming to the end of the road with this group of players and we've nothing coming through, this wasn't a second string team or a team in the middle of heavy training, this is close to our championship team after being well beaten by a much better Antrim team, we were lucky to only lose by 2 points.

Congratulations to Antrim.
    We don't have some of the best club facilities in the country. Have you been to Nemo Rangers or Mallow or a host of other clubs. Our best club facilities are way behind clubs in Dublin, Cork ect. So let's not even talk about that mis information.
    I agree it's not an excuse for today's shambles. That's on the players and management only. We are further behind than I thought. Conlon at the back...God that was a blunder for the ages. Sean Stack thought it was a great idea..which should have sent up red flags because most of his teams hes managed in Clare have been terrible.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭French Toast

8 years since the magic of 2013, we've been more or less in the doldrums since. No sign of an end to it, the circus situation at county board level doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

8 years since the magic of 2013, we've been more or less in the doldrums since. No sign of an end to it, the circus situation at county board level doesn't help.

Anything happens to Tony Kelly then we might aswell turn off the lights and close Caherlohan . It won't be needed.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Feenie

dark times.
    in fairness it wasn't gonna be an easy trek for the players but that's just a disgrace. Did anyone see how Conlon fared at centre back?

Feenie wrote: »
    dark times.
    in fairness it wasn't gonna be an easy trek for the players but that's just a disgrace. Did anyone see how Conlon fared at centre back?

Conlon didn't have a great day, few soft frees given away and a few stray passes but because our half forwards were so poor it was like a game of backs and forwards for a lot of the second half

The past 20 years aren't great, 2 All Ireland senior finals, 1 league win, 3 under 21s, 1 munster minor, 1 minor final appearance

Feenie wrote: »
    dark times.

if you look at the history books Antrim do really put it up to the top teams in their first league game playing on home territory

this is only a mild surprise, we already know Clare are a bit [putting it lightly] away from the top teams right now

Congratulations to Antrim.
    We don't have some of the best club facilities in the country. Have you been to Nemo Rangers or Mallow or a host of other clubs. Our best club facilities are way behind clubs in Dublin, Cork ect. So let's not even talk about that mis information.

The facilities Barefield & Clarecastle have are top notch, there's plans for some great things out East.

What’s happening with our back line is most frustrating. I taught with Lohan coming in as manager we’d see an improvement with more compact and disciplined defending. But it just hasn’t materialised.

A lot of it is down to talent I think, particularly the lack of it around the midfield and half forward line. Ideally you’d like to bring Malone and Davy Mc into the half back line and give us a platform to launch attacks. But they are needed to fill holes at other parts of the field. But nonetheless Lohan still hasn’t got the back line functioning properly and a lot of the problems during the previous management regime persist. Were still at the drawing board with it.

Hard to see us making an AI semi this year.

It's hard to see us win a match this year, Laois could have beaten us last year and wouldn't be frightened of us this year. Considering the strength of the team we had, today is probably the worst result we've ever had.

We've problems in the 2 half lines as well as in midfield, we've no ball winners and we don't have a clear style of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭French Toast

Showing the full game on TG4 now.

Cleary/Conlan spine at the back looks poor even on paper.

Advertisement