Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

r83ep5H.png

that ads in this week's clare champion. anyone know what's taht about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Figerty

r83ep5H.png

that ads in this week's clare champion. anyone know what's taht about?

No idea, malicious intent obviously by who ever sent the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Huge move with Lohan bringing in Loughnane as a selector, no one saw that coming. Ger might be just what they need. Sure, he’s a long time gone from the intercounty scene but has kept in touch through his media work, an excellent man to read a player’s capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭supernova5

Huge move with Lohan bringing in Loughnane as a selector, no one saw that coming. Ger might be just what they need. Sure, he’s a long time gone from the intercounty scene but has kept in touch through his media work, an excellent man to read a player’s capabilities.

haha, I know its early in the morning but you're not gonna catch us out that easily.. nice try though

supernova5 wrote: »
    haha, I know its early in the morning but you're not gonna catch us out that easily.. nice try though

A better one would have been to produce the Supporters club accounts from pre 2016!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭bonzothedog

Fantastic to see that over 1200 people have signed up and supported Club Clare. Players and management must be buzzing with this, great to see it hit 2000 in the next few weeks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I spotted the new Clare kit van out in Shield's over the weekend, nice Club Clare logo on it so I assume the supporters club are funding that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Clareman wrote: »
    I spotted the new Clare kit van out in Shield's over the weekend, nice Club Clare logo on it so I assume the supporters club are funding that

We are so far behind though it ll take years to catch up to the likes of Limerick,Cork and Tipp.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We are so far behind though it ll take years to catch up to the likes of Limerick,Cork and Tipp.

Absolutely, we're so far behind it could be argued that we're a division 2 team but I still think there's a year or 2 left in this team, the problem is this team all came up together so will all finish together and we don't have much coming through after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Absolutely, we're so far behind it could be argued that we're a division 2 team but I still think there's a year or 2 left in this team, the problem is this team all came up together so will all finish together and we don't have much coming through after them.

They've still the makings of a good team. Not long since Clare should have beaten Galway in a semi. Still they've slipped allright. I really think the young guys should be let loose in the league and let's see what we've got. We don't really know. The Clare club championship is not a good barometer anymore. Its a poor standard. Play Rodgers..iv great hopes for him..

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1383117629494231044?s=21

Superb article by Dalo. Hits the nail on the head with all his points. We are only continuing to go in reverse at the moment. Serious widespread changes are needed and quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

A terrific article by Anthony Daly (BTW I am not from Clare, but over the border in County Limerick). I am living in Clare 40 yrs+. He mentioned Martin Flanagan and how he was such a gentleman. I can vouch for that because I worked in the same factory in Shannon with Martin. We had great banter when Clare and LK were playing in a hurling game. RIP Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Survey for the strategic committee is up if anyone wants to have their say

https://wh1.snapsurveys.com/s.asp?k=161840245587

Another first round draw for both teams, Waterford for the hurlers and Kerry for the footballers, both get Tipp on the semi finals.

In case anyone is wondering the questions in the survey they are:
    1.What's your name
    2.What's your club
    3.Is your club dual, hurling only or football only? (Surely they could have gotten that from the club name)
    4.Is it an urban, next to urban or rural club? Again that could have been gotten from the club name, what happens if people disagree with each other, for example if some of Barefield say they are rural, others urban and others next to urban?
    5.What's your top priority out of the following 9 options
    Clubs development
    Commercial development of Clare GAA
    Communications development
    Development of new competition structures
    Governance and administrative structures
    Maximise the potential of all Clare GAA Facilities
    Engage more with the wider community
    Underage Games & Coaching development
    Player Development pathways and supports
    6.Why is it your top priority?
    7.What's your second priority out of the 9 options?
    8.If there anything else you think should be considered as part of the 5 year strategic plan?
    9.What are the biggest challenges to be addressed as part of the plan?
    10.As a member of a Clare GAA Club, what do you believe are the core values of Clare GAA that should be reflected in everything our players, volunteers and administrators do?
    I don't know what that question is supposed to achieve
    11.From a Football games development perspective, what should be the priority areas of focus over the next five years?
    12.Same question for hurling
    13.What initiatives would you like to see considered to maximise talent development of all Clare GAA players, from underage, adult club players to players representing the county?
    14.Do you have any suggestions or initiatives that should be considered to encourage more players to stay playing hurling and football as they progress through underage and into adult games?
    Surely this is the GAA player pathway https://learning.gaa.ie/playerpathway
    15. Have you visited Caherlohan?
    16. If you have visited there how would you rate it? Exceed, met or did not meet expectations.
    Considering the low expectations for it I would say it met my expectations
    17.Do you have any suggestions on how any enhancements or developments to the Caherlohan Centre of Excellence should be funded?
    18.Any additional comments?

I have to say that a month into the committees tenure that if this is best that they come up with I'm not holding out much hope for anything worth while to come out of it.

Welcome to the darkside Derrick!

No depths these goons won't plunge to to keep their snouts in the trough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Gael85

Welcome to the darkside Derrick!

No depths these goons won't plunge to to keep their snouts in the trough.

Any hint on who sent the texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Gael85 wrote: »

The more interesting question would be who sent them to that person to forward on!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

Gael85 wrote: »

A member of the Wexford backroom team apparently.

• Advertisement

with Cratloe links? who's the Wexford backroom team this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

John Fogarty laying bare his allegiances on an almost daily basis. An absolute scrotebag. The paid up members of the Fitzy fraternity within the press are an obscenity. The lazy, filler flange written today is an example......

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40270250.html?type=amp

The truth lies somewhere in the middle between it all, I'm just hoping that we can produce it on the pitch, this is probably going to be the last year for a number of the players so need to make the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

The truth lies somewhere in the middle between it all, I'm just hoping that we can produce it on the pitch, this is probably going to be the last year for a number of the players so need to make the most of it.

To be honest with you, I think the truth lies a long long way from the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

John Fogarty laying bare his allegiances on an almost daily basis. An absolute scrotebag. The paid up members of the Fitzy fraternity within the press are an obscenity. The lazy, filler flange written today is an example......

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40270250.html?type=amp

Woeful woeful woeful scutter. Fogarty should hang his head in shame.

BnB wrote: »
    To be honest with you, I think the truth lies a long long way from the middle.

John Fogarty needs to have input from Davy later in the year. I think it obvious from the article that he doesn't want to lift the lid on the underlying issues.

Buzzing to hear that Derrick Lynch is back with Clare FM as a sports journalist. He is a fantastic addition to the airwaves, I always rated him very highly indeed when he was at Clare FM from 2014 to 2018.

Looking forward to the Clare game on Sunday it will be interesting what team Lohan picks for the long trip to Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

Buzzing to hear that Derrick Lynch is back with Clare FM as a sports journalist. He is a fantastic addition to the airwaves, I always rated him very highly indeed when he was at Clare FM from 2014 to 2018.

Looking forward to the Clare game on Sunday it will be interesting what team Lohan picks for the long trip to Antrim.

Ok Derrick.......

More fun and games down in the Bridge

https://www.facebook.com/718890624889855/posts/3689092951202926/?sfnsn=mo
    BREAKING NEWS: SHOCKING FORGERY DEVELOPMENTS IN SIXMILEBRIDGE GAA
    (Owing to a potential Garda investigation and looming court case names will not be mentioned at this time)
    Tonight the Village of Sixmilebridge is deeply divided and the club facing significant legal threat.
    Back around Christmas time there was a concerted effort by some at the Club to highlight long ended alleged abuse of the Clare County Secretary in media circles, to keep the fires of these false flames alight there was a “crazy” decision by a section of the Sixmilebridge Club “leaders” to draft a letter condemning the alleged long ended online abuse, but the letter was not backed by all at the club, so there was a vote ordered to see if the club would truly support this suggested letter, the result Of that vote was that the club did not back such a letter with a number of members highlighting that satire and calling out ineffective leadership online was NOT abuse, the club of Sixmilebridge voted to reject a letter being published on the clubs behalf.
    A club player from Sixmilebridge who broke this story to the Clare times stated “But it seems the Followers of the Laird of Sixmilebridge decided to release a letter anyway and falsely claim it was on behalf of the club and they then had it published in the Clare Champion , tonight it is revealed that on that letter was a number of signatures and its alleged now that some of the signatures were FORGED !”
    If these allegations are correct we must ask ourselves What sort of people forge signatures to make a point? And what drives people to forge signatures to make a point, it may indeed be a cult like issue.
    Two prominent members of the club have resigned over the letter saga and now its alleged that at least one man has admitted to forging signatures of the executive of the Club on that letter.
    Tonight another leading figure in the Sixmilebridge Club contacted the Clare Times to say “lads it’s a Cult like fascination some here have with one family in Sixmilebridge and by Christ it’s driving a wedge through the whole community and tearing the fabrics of a Great club apart, some of our families have strived for generations to make this club Great and now to see these fellas willing to allegedly break the law and forge signatures to defend the indefensible, it is truly shocking”
    The matter now is in the hands of the victims of the forgery and their Lawyers with the Garda potentially being called in to investigate this activity, Sixmilebridge GAA is tonight a club divided and a community being ripped apart at the seams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭letowski

https://twitter.com/dlynchsport/status/1390569017849655297?s=21

Obviously the big talking point is John Conlon at 6. Interesting, he has some attributes but his passing and vision would need to improve. One of the main criticisms of his game was that he always tried to take on the shot instead of giving the ball to the player in the better position.

Was hoping to see me debutants. Best of luck to Donnellan at corner back, he impressed me for the u20s last year.

Need a few lads to step up to the plate this year if we’re to do anything.

Advertisement