Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,196 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Yes agreed on D.Lohan tiring out of games. (although overall he's doing very well for a young lad)

I thought Morey would come on for him yesterday, but it was Donnellan who came in pretty late on

No idea what to expect from the Munster final. In the past 2 years arguably we played our best stuff in the round robin and struggled later. This year we have struggled through the round robin and faded out in all 4 games - maybe we have not peaked yet?

But we have a shot in the final. and if we come up short again, we have a quarterfinal v probably Wexford. So still a decent chance we end up in an All-Ireland semi final in July.

One day Limerick will lose, that's for sure. We just don't know if it's the next day, next year or in 3 years' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 codea

does anybody know when the munster final tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Who got Man Of The Match yesterday?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I don't think RTE had one. I know we were lucky to have the game shown on the RTE news channel but the quality of the pictures and the commentary and analysis was all shocking bad.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I've been mulling over this aswell. Previous years we were electric in the round robin for the most part and then dropped away after the Munster final. Im hoping that the relatively poor showings this year, is a change up in approach. Im no expert and wouldn't have a clue how that would work anyway :) But there's is deff a lot extra to come from this team, Greater panel depth aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I turned on RTE news now, the picture quality was so bad and frustrating that after 5 minutes i paid for GAA go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Probably purely becuase they're bored giving it to Shane O'Donnell. SOD was by far the best player yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Figerty

Would say Donnelan defensive side was more needed yesterday to shut down the tipp movement

Good to see him getting a run, he's on the fringe for a while

Watched both matches at the same time on RTE player and it was fine. Two screens

,No need for GAA go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭finbarrk

General sale tickets gone in 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paraquat

New on here so Hello everyone

Lots of family members looking for Munster Final tickets but were unsuccessful this morning

There's going to be massive demand on the clubs when they receive their allocations

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

46,000 approx is the capacity so you'd imagine most if not all people who want tickets will get them.

So we're looking at around 20,000 per county (allowing for hangers-on, neutrals etc)

Doesn't seem a lot listening to how many people seem to want to attend

I'm sure Limerick's tickets will be gone in a heartbeat

A lot of people should have paid their membership…

Still going to be short, but it still better odds in a club when paid up.

Yes, fair point

It's the proper way of getting hold of a ticket

But I'm sure there will be plenty in Thurles next weekend that don't know one end of a hurley from the other

Supporting both teams

Anyway, it is what it is, Up the Banner

with a 4 pm start,, and no Holy hour anymore.. there will be a lot who don't know one end of a hurley from the other..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i wouldn't panic just yet in terms of tickets , apparently they are loads of extras going around a the moment , especially with clare supporters trying to get stand tickets that already have terrace tickets it will bottom its self out over the week and i wouldn't be too surprised to see more go on general sale next week again , its likely only about 8000 went on sale last thursday morning . the club will get the bulk of them , whatever is left over is put back on general sale along with the extras floating around

• Advertisement

footballers travel to omagh where a win will guarantee them a place in round 4 of the all ireland series , plenty of people writing the lads off but tyrone have mixed the good with the bad all year and looking at the performance in there only championship win against cavan would give us hope of pulling of that shock

cavan and clare in my opinion would be about the same level on a normal day so we would have evey chance if we performed as well as we done against cork and kerry , although if we give tyrone the start we gave cork we will leave us with too much to do

my big worry for our lads is not the tyrone forwards but the tyrone backs , michael mckernan , mattie donnelly and padraigh hampsey have been out standing for tyrone especially in two big games against donegal , its breaking down that backline we will have real problems and need to be patient , i am very intrested to see how daragh bohannon goes against the beanpole that is brian kennady , who despite a poor team performance last week in ballybofey kennedy was excellent on ciaran thompson , manus will probably pick up daragh kavanagh , and while he done a good job on clifford this will be his toughest task this year

this is a much closer game then people are saying and a real opportunity to pull off one of the shocks of the championship but everything has to go right on the day for us but not beyond the bounds of possibility, the manager was bullish after the cork game two weeks ago lets hope the players play with the same level of determination

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Treble double

I think Tyrone are very average, but going into their backyard and trying to win for an inexperienced team like Clare is probably a step too far. They way we are set up we won't cough up a huge amount of scores, but we won't cut loose at the other end either, we have been second best in the middle of the field in the last too outings and I don't see that changing this time either. Best of luck to them tomorrow and kudos to any supporter that makes the trip.

i would be love to be going up myself but the time of the game is too early , you would probably need to stay up the night before and screw that

yeah you are bang on , i could list a ton of names in the tyrone team that have underperformed this year league and championship but the reality is they will be so hard to break down that we will need huge games from the two Cillian's and the two eire og lads in the full back line to keep it relevant

again i am not ruling anything out whatsoever but when you look at the 1-4 to 0-1 lead we offered cork and only but for the home crowd staying behind the team it could have got out of hand , we offered down the same head start almost in newry this year too and look what happened although funny enough i think down would beat the current tyrone team on current form

huge time for Fitzgerald though and what he gets out of this team he has a great attitude and it feeds off the players , the errors kill us though against the really good teams

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭KIB4Life

Things have gone seriously down hill in Tyrone since their All Ireland win in 2021. A lot of very good talented players have dropped off the panel, e.g. Mark Bradley, Paul Donaghy, Tiernan McCann, the Brennan Brothers. While the likes of McNamee has retired. While the likes of Meyler and McShane haven’t been near the same level as then.

We actually have won more championship games than Tyrone since their All Ireland win, we have won 5 they have won 4. So hopefully we might be able to pull off a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭KIB4Life

Think we should be able to put a decent performance against them. One thing I thought of Tyrone against Donegal is that they struggled with Donegal’s runners from deep from the likes of Mogan and McHugh.

This is area that Clare should be trying to exploit. Get the likes of Manus Doherty and Ronan Lanigan to put McCurry and Canavan on the back foot.

These two are great forwards but the last thing they want is to be chasing their man 60/70 yards up the field. Also the likes of Ikem will be important today with his running power and physicality.

I reckon Clare should start both Micheál Garry and Einne O’Connor. Two good footballers with plenty of pace which will be needed on a day like this.

it seems the sending off put a huge gloss on the scoreline , think tyrone scored 1-06 in the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game after bohannon got the line it was a 6 point game prior to that , i think the same thing happened us a few years back in Killarney where we conceded 2-3 at the end of the game to make it look like a walk over

Tyrone's problems are far from fixed going on the first 55 minutes of today

in fairness if you watch the game back they were right ,only conor leen or shane o donnell challenged the award , lohan and malone were excellent ,

if it was my call in the munster final i would drop adam hogan in a heart beat and bring in leen , hogan has gone from young hurler of the year to a total liability, cleary fell under this category because he didnt hurl as well as hogan but thankfully we have got rid of them idiots 🙄

I’d start Leen too, but instead of Hayes not Hogan.

Hogan still > Hayes in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I saw this tweet and wanted to bring it to people's attention. How is this kind of thing happening in the GAA still?

"Have been told that 4 members of the Clare senior football extended panel were prevented by Clare County Board from being part of travelling party for Tyrone game in Omagh on Sunday until the Football Supporters Club wrote a cheque to pay their way."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,490 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Unfortunately that kinda bollox stuff is pure County Board driven trying to cut back on costs between expenses and player meals etc. I guarantee that wouldn’t be allowed stand if the same thing happened for the Hurlers.

Goes on a good bit in Counties where Hurling dominates Football or vice versa.

Advertisement