Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Maybe he couldn't get there in time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Think he came out to do it..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I recently had to put my 5 year old beloved doggo to sleep suddenly. It was heartbreaking and devastating.

Until some folks offer condolences by saying, "Awww will you get another one?"

Heartache and devastation turns into anger and violence!

YOU WOULDNT ASK SOMEONE WHO LOST A CHILD IF THEY WERE GETTING ANOTHER ONE!!

um, sorry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Thoughts of an 8 hour shift today :(

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Thoughts of an 8 hour shift today :(
    I am on a 12 hour shift tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

faceman wrote: »
    I recently had to put my 5 year old beloved doggo to sleep suddenly. It was heartbreaking and devastating.

Some people really are thick.

Sorry to hear that, no one should underestimate how hard losing a dog is.

faceman wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. It was a very young dog too...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Plane passengers who put their seat all the way back before you've even taken off. You just know they're going to be absolute dickheads.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Plane passengers who put their seat all the way back before you've even taken off. You just know they're going to be absolute dickheads.

You can be grateful that Ryanair have non-reclining seats on their planes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When you explain in detail to someone what is going to be done workwise , and then deal with them getting huffy over what's going where etc .

Cue days later , them asking questions re what's happening , forgetting everything that was said , and getting huffy once again .

I know they can't help it but it's frustrating at times that's all :(

TLDR ;
    Mo4 venting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm trying to learn something off.
    Originally I was going good. I had a good under standing of the basics but then I read the more detailed stuff and I've now forgotten the basics!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When you’re eating grub in a pub and sitting right under the widescreen that’s screening the match. Que tons of heads staring in your direction, makes me paranoid about my bad table manners

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Went for a bite to eat in a village pub . Sat down and two TV running two different channels . I had a American news channel blaring in my right ear and a match blaring in my left ear . It actually stressed me out as it was really hard on the brain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    When you explain in detail to someone what is going to be done workwise , and then deal with them getting huffy over what's going where etc .

Cue days later , them asking questions re what's happening , forgetting everything that was said , and getting huffy once again .

I know they can't help it but it's frustrating at times that's all :(

TLDR ;
    Mo4 venting :D

Change the situation and that's a big part of my day to day life, its head wrecking, enough to drive many many saints to drink/drugs/etc. You have my endless sympathies and admiration on your patience.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ordered two bags of regular chips and two cans of coke from my local chipper just there - €9.40. That’s a lot, isn’t it? I was expecting around €7-€7.50, to be honest! They don’t have a normal price list to check beforehand, just meal deal advertisements. So I wasn’t sure of the pricing. Apparently they only do large chips now. Still pricey though, over €3 per bag of chips.

I had noticed that our last few orders from there were pricey but they were spaced out so I kind of forgot. When you order a meal deal, the drink included in the price is water. Anything fizzy is a surcharge. Cheeky! And the food is grand but nothing special. They’ve lost a customer. Chippers are supposed to be the cheap takeaway choice. I can’t justify paying those prices. Everyone has their own personal limit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ordered two bags of regular chips and two cans of coke from my local chipper just there - €9.40. That’s a lot, isn’t it? I was expecting around €7-€7.50, to be honest! They don’t have a normal price list to check beforehand, just meal deal advertisements. So I wasn’t sure of the pricing. Apparently they only do large chips now. Still pricey though, over €3 per bag of chips.

I had noticed that our last few orders from there were pricey but they were spaced out so I kind of forgot. When you order a meal deal, the drink included in the price is water. Anything fizzy is a surcharge. Cheeky! And the food is grand but nothing special. They’ve lost a customer. Chippers are supposed to be the cheap takeaway choice. I can’t justify paying those prices. Everyone has their own personal limit. :D

There's a place nest me now and there portions have got smaller and prices have gone up a good bit. It's nearly cheaper to get a Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Used to know a guy in college who bit into KitKat without breaking it into its natural pieces...used to annoy me a little

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

honeybear wrote: »
    Used to know a guy in college who ate bit into KitKat without breaking it into its natural pieces...used to annoy me a little

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?

Newspaper websites that use paywalls

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lipstick that smudges on its own accord, and that makes me look like I've snogged a clown. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Used to know a guy in college who bit into KitKat without breaking it into its natural pieces...used to annoy me a little

Sacrilegious behaviour!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sacrilegious behaviour!
    Copycat :D

To thine own self be true

Since my sis developed dementia, she has been spontaneously giving me sweets(she used to do this on behalf of her kids when they were small)
    today she sent me some fudge, not only was the package open(no biggie) but it was stale as well, I cant figure out if that meant as a gift or an insult!*

*at this stage of her dementia could easily be either.

Oh, and there was a comedy series that I'd recorded recently from the BBC (six episodes), so I eventually got around to watching it this afternoon. Half way throught the last episode, the picture froze and didn't come back. Being a BBC programme, it isn't easy to watch them here (and I couldn't be bothered with getting around the location thing).

The programme wasn't great, but still...it's annoying.

Check out the prices towards the bottom of this link.

TY, thats a lifesaver, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Only having one day of work this week. I know I should be happy about that but I’m supposed to be full time and I kinda need the money

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Anyone else having trouble replying to quoted posts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I went into an ice cream place yesterday to get a 99.
    There was a lovely female working there. Whilst in the queue, I was constantly saying to myself, 'Don't say 69, don't say 69'. I get to the top of the queue.

Boom: " Can I have a ............................................ 99 please"
    Lovely Female: "Sorry?"
    Boom's inner monolgue: "****, did I say 69 or 99, I'm pretty sure i got 99 out, like I even paused to make sure of it."
    Boom: " A 99 please :)"

And yes, I got strawberry sauce on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Placed a letter in my bag to stick in the post box I pass daily on the way to work....4 hours later, I open the bag...there's the feckin letter..never stopped to post it....dang nabbit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,769 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

When people put
    /thread
    Or
    *close thread
    at the end of their post.
    Don't know why but it bugs the shlt out of me.

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ticks. I HATE them. Just had to take one out of my dog's ear and now I want to set the whole house on fire.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement