Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tell you what, just decorate the mess with blue things and if anyone asks you're nesting like a gardener bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

New Home wrote: »
    Tell you what, just decorate the mess with blue things and if anyone asks you're nesting like a gardener bird.
    I don't know why...but I read that as if you were Welsh.

"Tell you what..." :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The fact that the 1916 rising gets celebrated on Easter Sunday.
    It happened between 24th and 29th of April.

Why in fcuks name is it being celebrated on 12 April?

I was born on a Monday, should my birthday move around so I always celebrate it on a Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Since this lockdown, my meals have been all over the place. I don't really eat breakfast anymore and I always have something random during the afternoon. My nighttime eating has been junk food.

Before, I used to have a breakfast, make sandwiches for lunch going to work, have dinner when I got home, and on weekends I'd treat myself to a takeaway, or two.

I've developed bad habits during this whole thing, and I keep meaning to fix it, but I just end up not being arsed.

I am the exact same.My meals are all over.I dont know what day it is,or what timeit is.Im going mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I was born on a Monday, should my birthday move around so I always celebrate it on a Monday?

Not alone that, but it was postponed from Easter Sunday and actually started on Easter Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Because it was the Easter Rising and Easter isn't date specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Errors online, and you don't have a clue what they mean. There was one talking about the children of the elements. What the hell? Are they taking the mick, sounds like a 70s glam rock group.

Errors online, and you don't have a clue what they mean. There was one talking about the children of the elements. What the hell? Are they taking the mick, sounds like a 70s glam rock group.

That sounds like one of the episodes from "Sapphire and Steel".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A message from beyond the veil.
    Something really mad will happen next. Probably!

TAthe rain is just :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That sounds like one of the episodes from "Sapphire and Steel".
    you're showing your age there NH :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

For some reason this annoys the hell out of me, too.
    My brother puts his initial at the end of WhatsApp messages. Why?

Does he put "TB" aswell? :D

you're showing your age there NH :pac:

No, my great grandparents told me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA people who take waterford whispers seriously and respond as such in the comments. fuucking wet wipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No, my great grandparents told me! :D

Oi , it's not THAT far back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Less a TA and more a trivial sadness. Rang my Granny who has Alzheimer’s to wish her happy Easter and hearing her be all confused about who I was was really upsetting :( she knew my name but it didn’t seem to click with her that I’m her son’s daughter. She was asking who my father was and when I told her she was like “oh, X is your father?” :( it’s a cruel disease

cj maxx wrote: »
    Oi , it's not THAT far back :(

You don't know what age they were when they watched it!! :cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Less a TA and more a trivial sadness. Rang my Granny who has Alzheimer’s to wish her happy Easter and hearing her be all confused about who I was was really upsetting :( she knew my name but it didn’t seem to click with her that I’m her son’s daughter. She was asking who my father was and when I told her she was like “oh, X is your father?” :( it’s a cruel disease

That's really tough. It is such a terrible disease :( My Nan had it too and you could always tell when she was trying to "wing it" a bit with names and that.

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Heartbreaking, Kitty. I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Neighbours upstairs constantly kicking and banging something god only knows what or running around the apt in some very noisy probably wooden shows (only guess to make any sense of all the noise coming from them)

thank god they only moved in a year ago and that i had over 10 years of good experience with previous neighbours..

cant wait for these folks to move out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

Realizing that even being locked indoors for three weeks I still avoid uni work like itl burn me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Your Face wrote: »
    Because it was the Easter Rising and Easter isn't date specific?

You don't say?
    Thing is, I do actually realise that.

I'm claiming that it should be celebrated on the date it occurred because....... (wait for it)....... Easter isn't date specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

You don't say?
    Thing is, I do actually realise that.

I'm claiming that it should be celebrated on the date it occurred because....... (wait for it)....... Easter isn't date specific.

The Easter Rising not being commemorated on Easter Week is a bit silly.

Let's have the June Bank Holiday in January :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I have a playlist on Spotify with over 900 songs. I made it because music is doing a good job of keeping me sane right now and I wanted to have my favourite songs in the one place. Spotify shuffle plays the same bloody songs every day and I am now starting to get sick of some of my favourite music.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know of somebody and they barely visit there relatives at Christmas and they might when they want money for something off them however they are heart broken now on social media saying how they miss them and how they can’t have their little chats just to get likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I know of somebody and they barely visit there relatives at Christmas and they might when they want money for something off them however they are heart broken now on social media saying how they miss them and how they can’t have their little chats just to get likes.

Yep family means feck all to some people,
    TA missing my trivial creature comforts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Yep family means feck all to some people,
    TA missing my trivial creature comforts

I just want a look around Penneys, shallow as that sounds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I have a playlist on Spotify with over 900 songs. I made it because music is doing a good job of keeping me sane right now and I wanted to have my favourite songs in the one place. Spotify shuffle plays the same bloody songs every day and I am now starting to get sick of some of my favourite music.

Get a subscription ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA how egg chocolate seem to taste better than regular bars even though its the same thing? theres just something more enjoyable, appealing and novel about a cadburys egg than a dairy milk bar.

ive a similar thing with pasta. its all the one, but id prefer spaghetti over the fusilli,penne etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA how egg chocolate seem to taste better than regular bars even though its the same thing? theres just something more enjoyable, appealing and novel about a cadburys egg than a dairy milk bar.

ive a similar thing with pasta. its all the one, but id prefer spaghetti over the fusilli,penne etc.

I always find textured chocolate like Wispas or Twirls taste better.

TA I have just remembered a punnet of raspberries upended in the fridge and no way I'm going back downstairs now to pick them up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement