Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

People who walk pretty much the same speed as I do. Invariably meaning that in order to avoid walking side by side with people, I have two choices. I either have to slow down to a snails pace to avoid catching them up or turn in to one of those speed walking women with arms flying everywhere in order to pass them out and stay ahead. Damn annoying in a walking area when encountering lots of people walking in the same direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There is a banner at the top of the page with a link to support sites or threads etc. to help people through the crisis or something..fine, except it keeps moving and with the page stalling, I keep accidentally hitting it and it is having the opposite effect on me and makes me want to jump out a window. Stop moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A friend of a friend is a facebook 'friend' of mine. She lives within a few doors of Tom Hardy.
    She often posts a status about "my lovely neighbour Tom" and has posted a photo of him on his bicycle.
    I dont know or care who he is (I realise he's an actor).
    Not helped by the fact people compared my ex husband to him.

My original TA was that I mislaid something.

I've lost things or left things behind in a few places but never at home (apart from jewellery, a couple of times).
    Im not the sort of person who loses her keys or phone. I have a place for everything at home. The thing is not where it lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ate too much yesterday.
    Still feel full after waking up.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Woke up with vertigo and a truly awful headache. I feel like my head is going to explode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

That people try to kill completely harmless inoffensive insects who play their part in the ecosystem.

The bee that attacked poor Nev in the garden yesterday was far from harmless and inoffensive

So I was at the barbie flippin a few New York cuts...when this Bee startin throwin shade and acting aggressively....dancin around it was throwina few shapes and feint attacks and buzzing loudly..

BUZZZZZZ....yes that loud !

The Nev tried to stare it down ...but didn't it make a drive for the thatch causing Nev to stumble and a prime New Yory Cut hit the deck.

Luckily got a whack in with the spatula...thanks to my Army training and stunned the fcucker.

Was about to stamp ...when he flew off with a loud buzz...which sounded like "Ill be back "

Rescued the steak but was quite upset by the incident to be honest ....

A friend of a friend is a facebook 'friend' of mine. She lives within a few doors of Tom Hardy.
    She often posts a status about "my lovely neighbour Tom" and has posted a photo of him on his bicycle.
    I dont know or care who he is (I realise he's an actor).
    Not helped by the fact people compared my ex husband to him.

My original TA was that I mislaid something.

I've lost things or left things behind in a few places but never at home (apart from jewellery, a couple of times).
    Im not the sort of person who loses her keys or phone. I have a place for everything at home. The thing is not where it lives.
    The bee that attacked poor Nev in the garden yesterday was far from harmless and inoffensive

So I was at the barbie flippin a few New York cuts...when this Bee startin throwin shade and acting aggressively....dancin around it was throwina few shapes and feint attacks and buzzing loudly..

BUZZZZZZ....yes that loud !

The Nev tried to stare it down ...but didn't it make a drive for the thatch causing Nev to stumble and a prime New Yory Cut hit the deck.

Luckily got a whack in with the spatula...thanks to my Army training and stunned the fcucker.

Was about to stamp ...when he flew off with a loud buzz...which sounded like "Ill be back "

Rescued the steak but was quite upset by the incident to be honest ....

Take up smoking, they hate smoke :D

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The harmful offensive ones probably have a part to play too though?

They do indeed. Best to coexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Woke up with vertigo and a truly awful headache. I feel like my head is going to explode.

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Get some travel sickness pills from the chemist if you can't get to your doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is on a lovely day like today, I'd be in a beer garden having a few sociables. Instead I'm climbing the walls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im hungry but i dont know how hungry or what im even in the humour for.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Why is it that every time I get some fresh air and sunshine I end up feeling like I've been carrying huge bags of rocks on my shoulders all day, à la Atlas? I was only in my back garden with a book, FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

The Purge thread :D
    I've caught myself more than once already from posting a nasty response in ordinary threads!... I keep forgetting what thread I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The Purge thread :D
    I've caught myself more than once already from posting a nasty response in ordinary threads!... I keep forgetting what these I'm in

TA I didn't get the opportunity cat this error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA I didn't get the opportunity cat this error

We'll have no pussy jokes this early in the evening good sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ryan Tubridys obsession with Amy Huberman, she is on his show at least a couple of times each season, every single season the past few years. Am I missing something, shes an average actress married to a former rugby star, nothing more. But the way Ryan idolises her its as if she is the new Mother Theresa. Weird. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ryan Tubridys obsession with Amy Huberman, she is on his show at least a couple of times each season, every single season the past few years. Am I missing something, shes an average actress married to a former rugby star, nothing more. But the way Ryan idolises her its as if she is the new Mother Theresa. Weird. :confused:
    Has he got a crush on her do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

As a horny teenage lad I had massive crush on her when she was in The Clinic. Ryan made a guest appearance in that as did Bryan and her boyfriend at the time was in it to. So, you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Evey time I hear "Stay safe, stay home, save a life", this is what comes to mind:

Save+the+Cheerleader+Save+the+World.jpg

...except that reality is worse than Series 2 with the writers' strike. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Since this lockdown, my meals have been all over the place. I don't really eat breakfast anymore and I always have something random during the afternoon. My nighttime eating has been junk food.

Before, I used to have a breakfast, make sandwiches for lunch going to work, have dinner when I got home, and on weekends I'd treat myself to a takeaway, or two.

I've developed bad habits during this whole thing, and I keep meaning to fix it, but I just end up not being arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Since this lockdown, my meals have been all over the place. I don't really eat breakfast anymore and I always have something random during the afternoon. My nighttime eating has been junk food.

Before, I used to have a breakfast, make sandwiches for lunch going to work, have dinner when I got home, and on weekends I'd treat myself to a takeaway, or two.

I've developed bad habits during this whole thing, and I keep meaning to fix it, but I just end up not being arsed.

Don't beat yourself up, most of us are the same.
    It's like Christmas on a loop.

To thine own self be true

TA even with the lockdown my house is no cleaner than usual. All these people talking about how they are so bored they scrubbed the skirting boards with their tongues, and I'm just eating and snoozing :(

Don't beat yourself up, most of us are the same.
    It's like Christmas on a loop.

I don't even remember what hungry feels like anymore. The dog has to get a treat whenever I have a cuppa and snack, and she has put on a kilo...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was just watching CNN (which I wouldn't normally do) but they had a piece on how Greece were doing really well during the Coronavirus, compared to their neighbour, Italy. They kept using the term "their neighbour Italy", and that's really annoying my (trivially). ;)

As the crow flies, they're fairly close, but if you're going by land, you have Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, and Slovenia before you get to Italy. (You could avoid Bosnia & H). But they kept saying it!

Yeah, I've little to be worrying about... ;):D

Ta I read "you could avoid Benson and Hedges".

TA I always love everything thats bad for me.

TA I like trouble too much.

TA I had an excellent curl framing my left eye and it got wet in the early hours and flopped. Well this is the trivial annoyance thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Mostly happens to me on the main Covid 19 thread....
    Links to videos on twitter. No matter how hard I try to just press play, I seem to keep hitting the ‘Learn more’ bit instead! Wrecks my fcuking head! :(

Also, posters that put their username at the end of every thing they write! Arrrrgghh!

Ok, rant over for this morning at least! :)
    Happy Easter everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

twirlagig wrote: »

Also, posters that put their username at the end of every thing they write! Arrrrgghh!

For some reason this annoys the hell out of me, too.
    My brother puts his initial at the end of WhatsApp messages. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA even with the lockdown my house is no cleaner than usual. All these people talking about how they are so bored they scrubbed the skirting boards with their tongues, and I'm just eating and snoozing :(

You're growing a human, that's enough to be doing!

Nesting may kick in soon... It never did for me, but then I'm allergic to housework.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement