Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Took off my protective gloves this am, forgot they were powdered and got the stuff all over my newly put on dark outfit, I had hoped to wear until the weekend.

Freaking hate those goves, have used anti bac for years without incident, but some places insist on them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,188 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People who refer to anything other than a Jeep, as a Jeep.
    As in “I bought a new Toyota Jeep”...no you didn’t, you bought a Toyota 4WD!
    A Land Rover is a Land Rover...and a Jeep is a Jeep!

And don’t start me on Hoovers😊

My sister rushes in and says that X has a massive new Jeep. I'd be like well I know it's not a Jeep but maybe at least some type of 4wd. It turns out they've got a Renault Captur.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl telling me to do this and that about specific situations, things I already know as they are common sense!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The term jeep predates the brand Jeep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Dudes who leave

XXX

In every text they send whether your a dude or female.

I wish I had a swimming pool. TA'd that I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Antares35 wrote: »
    Ah now, you can't be saying mean things like that about them. Sure haven't society failed them, they didn't have a football field growing up and the laws don't apply to them etc. :P

I'd be livid too. And the gas part is they probably won't catch anything, nothing would survive in them.

TA I have an ongoing craving for rice pudding. The freezer and presses are well stocked with healthy, sensible food so I really cannot justify taking a risk in a shop just for rice pudding, but it is all I have thought about for three days :o

Are you anywhere near south Dublin
    I have four tins i could leave in my garden for you .
    I could murder a big fat jam doughnut but not going to a shop for it !! Any doughnuts in your house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Are you anywhere near south Dublin
    I have four tins i could leave in my garden for you .
    I could murder a big fat jam doughnut but not going to a shop for it !! Any doughnuts in your house ?

Sadly I have no doughnuts to trade! I've cat food, frozen pizza and a bag of oranges though! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The term jeep predates the brand Jeep.

How so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

How so?

Heard before it was a US army term for a “general purpose” vehicle. General purpose was abbreviated to “GP” and then called a “jeep”.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Heard before it was a US army term for a “general purpose” vehicle. General purpose was abbreviated to “GP” and then called a “jeep”.

I also heard that is was a vehicle with Just Enough Essential Parts...but
    That’s probably urban myth.

Either way, I stand over my TA...to me a jeep is a Jeep, and only a Jeep.����

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jeep:

https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=jeep
    early 1941, American English military slang, acronym from G.P., abbreviation of General Purpose (car), but certainly influenced by Eugene the Jeep (who had extraordinary powers but said only "jeep"), from E.C. Segar's comic strip "Thimble Theater" (home of Popeye the Sailor). Eugene the Jeep first appeared in the strip March 13, 1936. The vehicle was in development from 1940, and the Army planners' initial term for it was light reconnaissance and command car.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

TA'd at the amount of companies sending me emails that being with 'During these difficult times.....'

Fcuk right off

Wouldn't it be great if, at least for the time being, Netflix got rid of that stupid message asking 'are you STILL watching?'. I don't need to be shamed like this right now!!!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    jayzus people are a mindfuk ..........ta'd with friday fall-out for standing up for myself thursday.

and when someone (who made a fatal error, outright) has the audacity to excuse their poor judgment by putting the blame on an appropriate reaction: "I am sorry you feel that way" :rolleyes: (c'mon, really? you take no responsibility in cause and effect?)

TA again that I don't understand some posts - I kinda need to know the whole scenario to get the gist.
    But I do know the feeling Deja Boo. Everyone at the moment is on a short fuse I think, lots of overreactions ......and the worst are online! Mind yourself :)

Deja Boo wrote: »
    jayzus people are a mindfuk ..........ta'd with friday fall-out for standing up for myself thursday.

and when someone (who made a fatal error, outright) has the audacity to excuse their poor judgment by putting the blame on an appropriate reaction: "I am sorry you feel that way" :rolleyes: (c'mon, really? you take no responsibility in cause and effect?)

I absolutely hate that. It is such a passive- aggressive move, masquerading as an apology when it isn't one at all. Like, "I'm sorry you took it that way" - instead of just saying, "I'm sorry I said it". It's like they are shifting the blame back onto the wronged person for how they heard or interpreted something hurtful that was said :(

My TA is the fact that all the delivery slots for Tesco are booked until 20th April. There must be selfish gits who booked several for themselves just in case. Probably the same ones who panic bought loo roll. The I'm alright Jack type. Should only be allowed to book one at a time - and anyway who knows what they are going to need in feckin 3 weeks time anyway. Literally stockpiling delivery slots now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

working from home is a total TA. absolutely hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Antares35 wrote: »
    I absolutely hate that. It is such a passive- aggressive move, masquerading as an apology when it isn't one at all. Like, "I'm sorry you took it that way" - instead of just saying, "I'm sorry I said it". It's like they are shifting the blame back onto the wronged person for how they heard or interpreted something hurtful that was said :(

My TA is the fact that all the delivery slots for Tesco are booked until 20th April. There must be selfish gits who booked several for themselves just in case. Probably the same ones who panic bought loo roll. The I'm alright Jack type. Should only be allowed to book one at a time - and anyway who knows what they are going to need in feckin 3 weeks time anyway. Literally stockpiling delivery slots now :mad:

"Im sorry you feel I did wrong" or similar, a way of avoiding an admission of guilt.
    I really dislike weasel words.

Same ta here...not even a click and collect slot.

People who are not elderly or vulnerable getting their shopping delivered.
    Those slots are needed for people who can't get to the shops.

• Advertisement

Well fyi, I can't, and when I get a slot, I shop for an older neighbour and a relative all in one order...
    If there was a c & c slot I was going to pay for a taxi.

Well fyi, I can't, and when I get a slot, I shop for an older neighbour and a relative all in one order...
    If there was a c & c slot I was going to pay for a taxi.

Well then, I'm annoyed at people who take up delivery slots that vulnerable people like you need.
    I never said that you didn't need slots.

Clearly a lot of people who could go out to the shops are having shopping delivered.

Well then, I'm annoyed at people who take up delivery slots that vulnerable people like you need.
    I never said that you didn't need slots.

Clearly a lot of people who could go out to the shops are having shopping delivered.

Sorry. You didn't.

"Im sorry you feel I did wrong" or similar, a way of avoiding an admission of guilt.
    I really dislike weasel words.

Same ta here...not even a click and collect slot.

They have a few now for two weeks out from today. I clicked one, and then I was like f*ck you Tesco, I don't need your food! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Fine Gael fanbots

Well actually they send me into convulsions of laughter rather than annoy me but they can be annoying too.

People who are not elderly or vulnerable getting their shopping delivered.
    Those slots are needed for people who can't get to the shops.

Agreed.

I fall into the latter category :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

People who willingly pay by tap and go. The past fortnight of cashless payments has been a right pain in the hole (not that I've been making many)

It baffles me. Probably over half of outlets, fast food places in particular, don't let you see the amount on the screen as you tap, as the reader is facing towards them, so you could be tapping for anywhere between your quoted amount and 49 euro more.

It's insanity. Can't feckin wait to return to cash.

People who willingly pay by tap and go. The past fortnight of cashless payments has been a right pain in the hole (not that I've been making many)

It baffles me. Probably over half of outlets, fast food places in particular, don't let you see the amount on the screen as you tap, as the reader is facing towards them, so you could be tapping for anywhere between your quoted amount and 49 euro more.

It's insanity. Can't feckin wait to return to cash.

Or the ones that take the card from your hand, go away and tap it and return it without a receipt!!
    This is quite common - usually seems to be younger staff doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Do you know when a show gets popular on Netflix that it gains a lot of traction on social media, and its automatically assumed that you should watch it?

Well Tiger King isn't the sort of show I tend to watch.Just not my style. I don't care how popular it is. Just the look of the lead character, Joey whatshisface, puts me off.

I thought the beauty of Netflix is that there is such an array of shows on it, and your under no time schedule to watch them unlike regular programmes on tv? It seems everyone jumps on the same bandwagon and your treated like something of a weirdo if you don't watch the same as everyone else.

First world problem I know :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

Do you know when a show gets popular on Netflix that it gains a lot of traction on social media, and its automatically assumed that you should watch it?

Well Tiger King isn't the sort of show I tend to watch.Just not my style. I don't care how popular it is. Just the look of the lead character, Joey whatshisface, puts me off.

I thought the beauty of Netflix is that there is such an array of shows on it, and your under no time schedule to watch them unlike regular programmes on tv? It seems everyone jumps on the same bandwagon and your treated like something of a weirdo if you don't watch the same as everyone else.

First world problem I know :D

I'm with the missus 4 years and I think we have watched something on her Netflix together maybe 12 times. The bulk of it is muck, 99 percent of what we watch is recorded off Sky. Can't understand why anyone subscribes, and the lack of an A to Z is a pain in the hole as well.

Case in point, there are sites that show a Netflix A to Z. I counted about 12 films/ and or TV series I reckoned would be worth a watch, not counting stuff like the Royle Family and Only Fools and Horses which, although great, can be dipped in and out to on regular TV as they are always on repeat.

I simply have no interest at all in watching the next big thing on streaming services, and I'm in no hurry to watch Tiger King.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement