Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Too many “Current Affairs” threads in AH. Brings in some amount of oddballs spouting, utter, nonsense. Just not needed.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When it gets to the point that you don't trust one word of what someone says anymore . Quite sad really .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

TA by my carhorn which now only makes a whining insubstantial beep and then whimpers off despite me leaning on it and glaring at the other stupid driver/cyclist.

Very TA that it is illegal, apparently, to install truck horns into cars, when their car horns wind down.

TA that I now have to ration my horn beeping so that it lasts until I do the NCt :( Broken horn is fail item :( ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Election posters that are still up, they should have been taken down on Saturday, storm or no storm.
    Biggest eyesores ever.

Or even worse: fragments of cable ties left behind on the ground after someone has taken the posters away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Election posters that are still up, they should have been taken down on Saturday, storm or no storm.
    Biggest eyesores ever.
    Is it just my imagination or where there a lot more posters up this time around that before the last election?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Too many “Current Affairs” threads in AH. Brings in some amount of oddballs spouting, utter, nonsense. Just not needed.
    Thinly veiled 'I don't like something so it should be moved' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When you think 'I must write this in the trivially annoying thread...'

But when you remember to write it, you can't actually remember what it was aaagh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Boggers cloging up the main arterial routes.
    I need to cross into another part of civilization in the morning. And the only routes cross where the muckers have decided to congregate.

Boggers ruin everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Car manufactures that forget to put indicators on their cars !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Soooo woke up this morning..and it took 15 mins to get out of bed...
    Over 3 hours later and I still can't even put on a pair of socks..back is totally gone...couch again today! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Oh that's bad, Pk. More than truvial.

TA when I start posting here I tune in to annoying things and get more annoyed more often.

On the other hand I feel better for not suppressing it and pretending to be Mary Poppins.

Another one yesterday was clothes hanger hooks catching in loose knit wool clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

The smell in the toilets in work can only be described as a skunk that's been dead for two weeks and then dragged through rotten cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They're putting 2 less slices in these family packs of ham.
    Same price though
    They kept that quiet the sneaky feckers!
    Now 2 family members have no slice of ham so it's not a big family pack anymore! :pac:
    IMG-20200213-095733.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Hmmmpnhide festival.

2 days of workouts and cooking advice.

Hnnnmphride festival.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On that note, that packet says "Recycle me". I really, really wish I could, but soft plastic isn't accepted!!! :mad:

And another thing: typing from my phone. I hit the right keys, yet one letter in five isn't right. Maddening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

New Home wrote: »
    On that note, that packet says "Recycle me". I really, really wish I could, but soft plastic isn't accepted!!! :mad:

And another thing: typing from my phone. I hit the right keys, yet one letter in five isn't right. Maddening!

The phone thing! I'm sure it's since a recent update introduced the finger tracing typing - can't get rid of the bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

storker wrote: »
    It is now for selected articles €9.99 a month.

Jaysis, so it is.

Who'd pay for their typo-ridden muck???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Going to a trolley in Tesco and realising you’ve no €1 coin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA the white lining of jeans pockets keeps peeking of the pocket.TA I feel so scruffy in jeans. TA how my hair picks upso much filth through the day. It feels seriosly lighter after washing it, weird to think how much dust must be in it to weigh it down. I wash it at the longest every 3 days.

Dtp1979 wrote: »

I've a keyring thing with a token that works in both the €1 and €2 slots on Lidl and Tesco trollies, but sometimes won't work in any of the Supervalu ones. Drives me barmy.

Also, while I'm on the subject, people who call it Tesco's with an S on the end........what is wrong with you people? I've heard people explain it as that's what you do with a shop that's a name like "Eason's" or "FX Buckley's" or "Nando's, but it isn't a name, so that doesn't apply.

Then I've also heard it is because it ends in a vowel.........but, in that case, why stop at Tesco's? Do you also say Centra's or Esso's or Aldi's or Texaco's or Insomnia's?

Edit: I've just seen this on a Guardian article: "Bacardi's is rum without the taste.".......WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dtp1979 wrote: »

My local one takes 20c coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

It's forty million degrees Celsius on my bus and the smell of farts is making my eyes water. Nearly two hours of hot sticky bowel air isn't good for the soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Up since 5am ...and still can't put on a pair of socks....FML...or my back... whichever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Halfway through a bottle of Patron and get a text from the school asking if I would bake something for tomorrow's bake sale.Well those kids will be in for a treat,heh.Also why do they wait til the last moment to let parents know about these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Archeron wrote: »
    It's forty million degrees Celsius on my bus and the smell of farts is making my eyes water. Nearly two hours of hot sticky bowel air isn't good for the soul.

Ha!
    Was at GP's practice this week, and thankfully am seldom there.

The smell of unwashed bodies and unwashed clothes, rotten.
    Jeez even if you rarely washed, wouldn't you think of doing so and changing into fresh clothes before a doctor's appointment?
    The staff deserve every cent they earn, the majority must go on air fresheners.

Have to go back in the morning again.
    Clothes pegs at the ready for my nose.

That certain people have to make simple things so difficult.I know what needs done,don't need a sermon on the mount about it,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Was at dentist earlier, getting a long overdue and necessary procedure done. A bit sore, but thats to be expected. However, my TA is that my lip is still numb, and I keep drooling down my front, particularly when I have a sip of water

Treated myself to a Cuban and after smoking it,realized it was no better than a Henri Winterman cigar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Or the ones that, despite knowing their dog tends to go mad when in contact with another dog, don't shorten the lead or keep the dog calm when another is approaching, and instead let their little fur baby bark and "attack" said intruder. All hell breaks loose.

Especially common with smaller breeds.

Is this maybe because some smaller dogs just go mental upon seeing another dog not matter what the owner does? No way of controlling that and they do no harm except for barking so just ignore it?

How do you keep a dog calm that just doesn't want to be calm? Impossible.

• Advertisement

pinkyeye wrote: »

How do you keep a dog calm that just doesn't want to be calm? Impossible.

Training. Saying otherwise is a lazy cop out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement