Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

dubstarr wrote: »
    She used a surrogate

I didn't know that,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

She used a surrogate

Are you sure? I saw a headline "gave birth to" admittedly didn't read the article due to all the privacy hoops you have to jump through!

I had assumed surrogate up to then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Pop ups on every single website I visit now thanks to GDPR (presumably). Cookies, wants to send you notifications, wants to know your location. No, no, no! Really does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

When you decide to order a Hazelnut coffee, because it'll cheer you up a bit - and then it becomes apparent after a single sip that you were served by a lousy bastard who put only the bare minimum amount of syrup in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...or when you order a cappuccino and they serve it with virtually no foam. What's the point? I'd have ordered a white coffee, then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I think the medias obsession with maternal age is actually a TA of mine. Any time someone over 35 has a baby the article will mention the mothers age. In the interests of science, why then dont they also mention the fathers sperm count, how often the couple had intercourse and whether the woman had a long or short luteal phase? :p Anyone who has struggled with pregnancy will be all too familiar with these.

Actually the media obsession with pregnany and babies in general TAs me. "X shows off bump" (X is like 8 weeks pregnant and does not have a bump!) Or "Y spotted touching her bump too much" etc. Just feck off would you :(

TA the irony that pregnancy hormones are making me TA about pregnancy annoyances!

Antares35 wrote: »
    I think the medias obsession with maternal age is actually a TA of mine. Any time someone over 35 has a baby the article will mention the mothers age. In the interests of science, why then dont they also mention the fathers sperm count, how often the couple had intercourse and whether the woman had a long or short luteal phase? :p Anyone who has struggled with pregnancy will be all too familiar with these.

Actually the media obsession with pregnany and babies in general TAs me. "X shows off bump" (X is like 8 weeks pregnant and does not have a bump!) Or "Y spotted touching her bump too much" etc. Just feck off would you :(

TA the irony that pregnancy hormones are making me TA about pregnancy annoyances!

Don't forget everyone wanting to touch your tummy. It's fine the first four or five months, but as soon as I started looking like I'm smuggling a Christmas pudding under my shirt, everyone wants to pat me or rub me like I'm a statue of Buddha. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Candie wrote: »
    Don't forget everyone wanting to touch your tummy. It's fine the first four or five months, but as soon as I started looking like I'm smuggling a Christmas pudding under my shirt, everyone wants to pat me or rub me like I'm a statue of Buddha. :(

Carry one of these with you, and if anyone tries to touch you belly, show them the carving fork, stare at them with crazed eyes and tell them, "Let's see who's faster: your hand onto my belly, or this fork into your hand?"

36841.jpg

I haven't had that yet. At 21 weeks I still only look like I ate too many sandwiches :( Do complete strangers do that??

TA it's still January :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

People that stop in a car park - waiting ages for you to load your shopping and put the trolly back in order to take your spot - while blocking a line of cars behind them - usually because it's a spot close to the entrance.

Tiny bit ashamed to admit that it happened today and the woman in question had such an irritatingly impatient look on her face that I loaded the shopping into the car, locked it and decided to stroll back into the shopping centre to have a coffee.

• Advertisement

I haven't had that yet. At 21 weeks I still only look like I ate too many sandwiches :( Do complete strangers do that??

TA it's still January :(

Ah, I'm a bit further along. Usually it's acquaintances who start getting too familiar. I'd one man at work pat me on the tum, but I patted him back on his beer tum and it hasn't happened since.

TA my throat is feeling raw and it's put me off eating. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,400 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Tiny bit ashamed to admit that it happened today and the woman in question had such an irritatingly impatient look on her face that I loaded the shopping into the car, locked it and decided to stroll back into the shopping centre to have a coffee.

The first thing that popped into my head after reading this is.....nice one! Serves her right for being impatient.

My TA is that I ate a little bit of coleslaw and potato salad today and now my stomach is killing me. Currently sitting on the couch with a dish nearby just in case.

People that stop in a car park - waiting ages for you to load your shopping and put the trolly back in order to take your spot - while blocking a line of cars behind them - usually because it's a spot close to the entrance.

I both aspire to and approve of this advanced level of petty vengeance.

This is brilliant, dont be ashamed! TA that people will do anything rather than walk an extra ten feet to the shop door (where they will probably be buying low fat and syn free stuff to lose weight!)

Our local supervalu has a permanent security guard. I'm sure most shops do, but this one is blatant about making you feel like he is watching you. If you're the only one in an aisle he will stand at the top of it staring down at you. I tend to be quite indecisive and scatty as a shopper and will often go in after walking the dogs, so will have wild woman hair having been blown around whatever forest we went to, and likely mucky wellies too. All in all... I look suspicious and tend to attract his attention. What makes it extra annoying is that this store is known for marking up stuff, charging a price higher than shown or 'forgetting" to input special offers onto the computer so discounts dont come off. In other words, they are more likely to rob the customer than vice versa! I often stand at the end of the till checking my receipt to make sure they haven't robbed me also!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I both aspire to and approve of this advanced level of petty vengeance.

It's essential that you don't betray signs of irritability or scowl at the object of revenge. More so proceed in a determined, amicable way that suggests that you really, really did decide to go and grab a cappuccino.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Our local supervalu has a permanent security guard. I'm sure most shops do, but this one is blatant about making you feel like he is watching you. If you're the only one in an aisle he will stand at the top of it staring down at you. I tend to be quite indecisive and scatty as a shopper and will often go in after walking the dogs, so will have wild woman hair having been blown around whatever forest we went to, and likely mucky wellies too. All in all... I look suspicious and tend to attract his attention. What makes it extra annoying is that this store is known for marking up stuff, charging a price higher than shown or 'forgetting" to input special offers onto the computer so discounts dont come off. In other words, they are more likely to rob the customer than vice versa! I often stand at the end of the till checking my receipt to make sure they haven't robbed me also!

We where in Lidl one day,and the Security Guard followed us around.He made it quite obvious.So my partner called him over and asked him to carry the basket.He didnt say anything,he just turned and walked away.We where in stitches though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,423 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When Tesco opened in out town first.
    If the security guard followed people they used stop and follow him.

We where in Lidl one day,and the Security Guard followed us around.He made it quite obvious.So my partner called him over and asked him to carry the basket.He didnt say anything,he just turned and walked away.We where in stitches though.

I've been known to ask them "can I help you?" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Gone into a small, overcrowded shop yesterday (all waiting to pay a bill), was told I'd have to wait over an hour.. asks if there is a better time to come back, 'no' she says 'it's always this busy'.... gets to head of queue to be told (by the same employee) everyone in the shop is sick with colds and flu - THANKS FOR INFECTING ALL THE CUSTOMERS! :mad: ...you couldn'tve said before we all had a stay in your personal virus factory?!

• Advertisement

Dear RTÉ, as happy as I am about hearing of the refurbishment of Coolock Library, they aren't the first ones in the country to give access to a 3D printer, lots of branches around the country have been doing so for at least a year. Whoever was in charge of checking this didn't do a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Cant stand people that take ages to sit down on trains and planes holding everyone up

I've done that!

I've also got back out of the car when I was beeped to hurry up.... I was waiting on the window to defrost.... I was parked infront of Boots.....I can happily spend hours there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Cant stand people that take ages to sit down on trains and planes holding everyone up

Reminds me a TA from last week. Was travelling back to the US after being home for Christmas. For some reason, and this only happens in Dublin airport, Aer Lingus insist on loading the plane from front to back. The boarding process then takes twice as long so the plane never takes off in time. And everyone is p!ssed off at the permanently blocked aisles/ people pushing past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Sheeple.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,423 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A shop shares a post on Facebook saying ''We now accept One4All gift cards''.
    A bunch of people shares the post saying ''I hope I win liked and shared''
    Then a woman goes into a big rant about how she's not entering the competition because One4All vouchers take money off the vouchers every month from the moment you purchase them.(I know this may happen after about a year but not right away).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

A shop shares a post on Facebook saying ''We now accept One4All gift cards''.
    A bunch of people shares the post saying ''I hope I win liked and shared''
    Then a woman goes into a big rant about how she's not entering the competition because One4All vouchers take money off the vouchers every month from the moment you purchase them.(I know this may happen after about a year but not right away).

Ah that reminds me of when people like and share for prizes in another county.
    Or help find this missing person thats [A] YEARS OUT OF DATE
    They are from some far flung country.

Why when both parents are together, they have to queue together with the monster pram, especially in the likes of penneys where there's a fair few registers to the one queue.....You're then left trying to clamour over the pram to get to a register... Then they are trying to squeeze past you.....ffs one queue other wait to the side....surely you can handle being separated for a few mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

It's like couples holding hands walking towards you on a narrow footpath. They want you to go onto the road so that they don't have to break their "chain".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Posters on here giving out about dole scum, forevva houses and the wantitallforfree brigade, etc.

But then bring up direct provision and suddenly they are all about looking after the Irish homeless.

Hypocrites.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement