Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Snowflakes ! And not the kind that fall from the sky
    Get Head & Shoulders or some Tea tree shampoo. Should sort out the dandruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

flazio wrote: »
    Get Head & Shoulders or some Tea tree shampoo. Should sort out the dandruff.

Pity the snowflakes I mean aren't sorted as easy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I bought high quality vitamins for someone and he sporadically took them as if honouring humouring me. Today it's " must buy x vitams. They're meant to be good for x problem."

That's why I got you the best available brand of them ! Why is it only worth listening to when anyone else says it. Oh well you can lead a horse to water.
    I got manuka honey for a honey eater. It cost a few bob. They gave away and then had the cheek to ask where I got it, as in can you get me more. Pity the shop was out it , I'm sure , if I had looked!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

When you get up early to see a movie in the cinema that you know you'll get to enjoy in peace as it will be deserted and will also be finished well before the nearby businesses close, thereby avoiding rush hour traffic, only to discover when you arrive that it's been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

cjmc wrote: »
    I got manuka honey for a honey eater. It cost a few bob. They gave away and then had the cheek to ask where I got it, as in can you get me more. Pity the shop was out it , I'm sure , if I had looked!

Oh dear. I hate ingratiate, it's a nasty characteristic.
    Bit TA that that last bit about where did you get the honey, is like something I'd say in all innocence so I could source and buy it in future. But I wouldn't have given it away like that. And wouldve given something back to you asap. The TA is not understanding that type of thing. .

Today's TA, I can't get on with any kind of latex rubber or poly gloves. Or any waterproof work gloves. I'm not allergic but my hands hate them. Ive tried every flipping type. My hand has had enough today and cracked open around my knuckles. It's like little mouths opening and closing when I flex my fingers and it's burning hot and my hands useless for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Oh dear. I hate ingratiate, it's a nasty characteristic.
    Bit TA that that last bit about where did you get the honey, is like something I'd say in all innocence so I could source and buy it in future. But I wouldn't have given it away like that. And wouldve given something back to you asap. The TA is not understanding that type of thing. .

Today's TA, I can't get on with any kind of latex rubber or poly gloves. Or any waterproof work gloves. I'm not allergic but my hands hate them. Ive tried every flipping type. My hand has had enough today and cracked open around my knuckles. It's like little mouths opening and closing when I flex my fingers and it's burning hot and my hands useless for work.

Rub your hands in vaseline before putting gloves on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I find the orange gripster skins to be great for crappy hands, little pricey though.

Can't tolerate Vaseline, sadly, but thanks.
    They need to be very light gloves as I use my fingers a lot and I see the orange ones come in powder free (powder also an issue) so I'll try them, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Can't tolerate Vaseline, sadly, but thanks.
    They need to be very light gloves as I use my fingers a lot and I see the orange ones come in powder free (powder also an issue) so I'll try them, thanks :)

Use coconut oil instead of Vaseline its super for dry skin

Never thought of that, before gloves on! Thanks

• Advertisement

TA is my earphones. I always listen to pod casts as I fall asleep but every pair, the right one doesn't work. Always the same one , the right hand one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

cjmc wrote: »
    TA is my earphones. I always listen to pod casts as I fall asleep but every pair, the right one doesn't work. Always the same one , the right hand one.

Same here on my iPod.been 2 weeks listening to music in left ear only.
    Feel like my head needs to be rebalanced at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Headphones always fall out of my right ear. Every set I get.

Its a conspiracy I tell you!!

One of your ear canals might be narrower than the other. Quite common, apparently. Same happens to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

One of your ear canals might be narrower than the other. Quite common, apparently. Same happens to me.

Are you calling my ear canals oddly shaped?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

have you tried leaning your head slightly to the left?

Are you calling my ear canals oddly shaped?

:eek:

God No!

Deformed would be the technical term!

I need to get a set that fit over my ears. That's why I keep pushing wax in further.
    Sorry to gross ye out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

People who act shocked at security in airports regarding the liquid requirements, particularly the older people who who then suddenly act like they can barely move, or hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Self service checkouts. I selected the option "I brought my own bag" and was told by the machine to place it in the bagging area. No problem, placed my empty bag in the bagging area to then hear "unexpected item in the bagging area", so I had to remove it and place the bag on the ground.

Why do those machines tell you to put it there if it's only gonna have canaries two seconds later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People still whinging over a decade old handball incident.
    You would swear he ate babies or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Some dog **** in my garden.Had to go and clean it up

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hear ya. (See what I did there? :pac:)

I've ear canals that are perfectly shaped in their own unique way, too, Tedders. ;) I ended up running the wire behind and above my ears, with the ear pieces upside down. It might not be pretty, but it does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    I hear ya. (See what I did there? :pac:)

I've ear canals that are perfectly shaped in their own unique way, too, Tedders. ;) I ended up running the wire behind and above my ears, with the ear pieces upside down. It might not be pretty, but it does work.

what are these wires you speak of?

My bras don't fit now.Bras are expensive. You can buy strap extenders but nothing can be done about the cups. I know because I was annoyed enough to think about trying to alter them. Underwear construction is a fine art it seems. (The word lingerie is a TA. Unless you are French. )

About the uniquely shaped ear canals (mine are irregular, hope I didn't offend anyone) I shove the useless ear thing and its mile of wire into the neck of my top or jumper when I'm walking. Behind the ear is a neater solution!

Ps. Thanks again for the coconut oil tip, whoever said it. My hand is fully operational today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My bras don't fit now.Bras are expensive. You can buy strap extenders but nothing can be done about the cups. I know because I was annoyed enough to think about trying to alter them. Underwear construction is a fine art it seems. (The word lingerie is a TA. Unless you are French. )

About the uniquely shaped ear canals (mine are irregular, hope I didn't offend anyone) I shove the useless ear thing and its mile of wire into the neck of my top or jumper when I'm walking. Behind the ear is a neater solution!

Ps. Thanks again for the coconut oil tip, whoever said it. My hand is fully operational today :)

Brilliant about your hands ! Coconut is super for dry cracking skin . Delighted it worked for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The last few weeks my neighbour has been leaving out her bin at about 2 in the morning. She works late but Jesus, do it before you go to work not silly hours of the morning. She’s not discreet about it either, I woke last night thinking the house was falling in on top of me until I realised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

The last few weeks my neighbour has been leaving out her bin at about 2 in the morning. She works late but Jesus, do it before you go to work not silly hours of the morning. She’s not discreet about it either, I woke last night thinking the house was falling in on top of me until I realised

The trick is put it up on one wheel, makes it so much quieter. Maybe cut one of her wheels off so she has no choice but to be quiet with it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

WhatsApp lurkers

• Advertisement

These effing UFO 'experts '
    Bull****ters the load of them. They come out with stuff like "some researchers " or some "experts " think this and that. They're not experts , they're fantasists playing the media game.
    Nick Pope I'm looking at you !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement