Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

what are these wires you speak of?

They're the things that stop your 5 gazillion euro teeeeeny-tiny speakers from falling into a drain and disappearing forever.
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Brilliant about your hands ! Coconut is super for dry cracking skin . Delighted it worked for you .

It's great as a hair mask, too. Just use sparingly or it will take FOREVER to wash out, and leave it to work (overnight, if you can). And to make your life easier, use paper towels to absorb most of it before you wash your hair.
    cjmc wrote: »
    These effing UFO 'experts '
    Bull****ters the load of them. They come out with stuff like "some researchers " or some "experts " think this and that. They're not experts , they're fantasists playing the media game.
    Nick Pope I'm looking at you !

Spoken like a true reptilian. :cool: :eek:

My major TA is people who patronize you - did you know that if you wanted to turn a light off you'd have to press the button to the off position?

That was REALLY what somebody said to me yesterday... well, you DO learn something new every day....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    They're the things that stop your 5 gazillion euro teeeeeny-tiny speakers from falling into a drain and disappearing forever.

ah that probably explains why i lost one a few weeks ago. I need to attach some string to my earpods.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Headphones always fall out of my right ear. Every set I get.

Its a conspiracy I tell you!!

When you buy some headphones they come with different sized rubber yokes for different sized ears :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A pharmacist once explained to me that a liquid medicine had to be taken by spoon and mimed the process of pouring medicine onto a spoon. Also someone told me what a common cooking utensil was and that it comes from abroad. I'm quite sure we've had spatulas in Ireland for a while now. Also I've taken cookery courses and cooked for others since I was 16.

Mine are just the pair that came with my phone, B.B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The last few weeks my neighbour has been leaving out her bin at about 2 in the morning. She works late but Jesus, do it before you go to work not silly hours of the morning. She’s not discreet about it either, I woke last night thinking the house was falling in on top of me until I realised

Years ago I had a housemate who was the same... he had a bit of a hearing problem so some excuse but he’d firstly open the side door forgetting the alarm was still on, all fûcking hell breaking loose at 6.30am then take the bin, bounce it off the wall repeatedly in trying to get it past the car on the way to the front of the gaff.... didn’t need an alarm.

Beards.

*not a TA, was distracted and meant to answer a question not on boards at all! Apologies for how that looked, beard owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You'd be amazed at the difference spending a few quid on headphones can make.
    Even €20 would probably be a big step up from the free ones (although some models come with fairly decent phones, now). As said, most come with different size rubber yolks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

ah that probably explains why i lost one a few weeks ago. I need to attach some string to my earpods.

One word for you: superglue. :cool:
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    When you buy some headphones they come with different sized rubber yokes for different sized ears :)

Yeah, but... even those sometimes don't work. (I'm truly unique... :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    What about WhatsApp lurkers? In a group of 11 or 12, there's one lad who never posts anything, yet is nearly always one of the first to read a new message.
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    WhatsApp lurkers

I think you have a thing for this person :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You should try something like this, they don't even go in your ear and have hooks of different size to keep them locked in place.

51mtrLMcYDL._SX425_.jpg
    Actually, I must get these bad boys again, they were the best headphones I've ever had.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Actually, I must get these bad boys again, they were the best headphones I've ever had.

Did you lose the other set? :pac::pac::pac:

New Home wrote: »
    Did you lose the other set? :pac::pac::pac:

They are still in my bag! The cable frayed after years of wear and tear and the cable being about 5cm too short and them being yanked out of my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Can find nowhere online about whether the bus I’ve booked can be used on a different day (bBus Eireann).
    I know if I ask they’ll say no, but I’m wondering if these mac numbers will put up an error when the driver types them in cos they never actually look at my ticket, they just ask for the number.
    If anyone knows, my pm’s are wide open! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

All these click bait "news" items about snow and "temperatures plummeting" etc. It's winter! It's normal for it to be cold and no it is not snowing and no the temperatures have not plummeted so FO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

The word dross. I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ghosteen wrote: »
    The word dross. I hate it.

I give you the word "Moist"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dubstarr wrote: »

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

All the talk of earphones here lately reminds me of a TA of mine. Wired earphones/headphones. The wire keeps getting stuck on things and yanking them out of my ears. Have a Bluetooth pair of headphones now that are so much easier, and not so small that can be misplaced like AirPods or the like

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Supermarket staff blocking aisles with those big wire cart things. Shouldn't you be doing that at night, or at least during a quiet time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Lady in Dr surgery at 4.07pm: I have an appointment at 10 to 4 with the doctor.
    Me to myself: don't you mean you're 17 minutes LATE to an appointment with the doctor?

TA: my appointment was at 4. So this bitch is making me late and I'll probably miss my bus now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Now waiting an hour to be seen for my appointment. Fs. And she's just called in the woman that arrived 17 minutes late. Who is CHATTING with a mate and not actually going in. I'm gonna actually lose the rag here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dangly earrings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

dubstarr wrote:

I actually don't mind moist even though it's supposed to be the worst word.

TA'd earlier by someone calling Hitler a masochist when they were describing sadistic, not masochistic tendencies. I wouldnt mind but theyre knowledgeable about Hitler so it was incongruous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is if my memory was better I could put up 5 posts a day on this thread . So my real TA is I'm a cantankerous old fart. **** !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that I just walked from Baggot St to Orwell in Templeogue without a single one of my bus coming along.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Lady in Dr surgery at 4.07pm: I have an appointment at 10 to 4 with the doctor.
    Me to myself: don't you mean you're 17 minutes LATE to an appointment with the doctor?

TA: my appointment was at 4. So this bitch is making me late and I'll probably miss my bus now.

If I’m the secretary I’m advising on the person checking in that they will have to wait for a window in the schedule that day... unsat for them to just throw everyone else’s schedule and plans into chaos and delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭Be right back

Managers who want to cancel holidays at short notice even when flights are booked!

• Advertisement

Managers who want to cancel holidays at short notice even when flights are booked!

If that is needing to happen the company can pay to rebook flights, hotels and take care of any other costs incurred..no way would I be carrying the can for that..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement