Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

blank links grr arg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

New Home wrote: »
    Can't, that link returns a blank page.

Oops

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Oops

Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I don't know how I managed it but I left my car window all the way open last night. I don't even have automatic window opening from my key.
    My seat was drenched wet this morning.

To thine own self be true

People who don't know what a One Hit Wonder is.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

People who don't know what a wibbly wobbly wonder is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Shared missing persons on facebook where a 10 second investigation will tell you that the person showed up safe over 6 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Shared missing persons on facebook where a 10 second investigation will tell you that the person showed up safe over 6 months ago.

Or sharing a post of a missing dog and telling everybody to keep an eye out, when the dog is missing from Sydney/New York/Timbuktu.

I mean I know they can stray far from home, but come on ..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

People who don't know what a wibbly wobbly wonder is

Used to love that semi frozen jelly bit at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

"Vegan chicken slices"

It may as well say "Vegan spanner slices"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Or sharing a post of a missing dog and telling everybody to keep an eye out, when the dog is missing from Sydney/New York/Timbuktu.

Shared in ballybrack

As if the physical location where they are standing at the time of sharing makes a feckin difference

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My car has 666.6 miles on it since I got it !
    Also on cars , when parking you see what seems like a free space only to find a tiny car parked all the way back

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My TA is the beginning of charities hounding you for money for the next few weeks. Already got big envelopes from two charities and I suppose they'll be kicking down the front door soon enough telling me that it's my fault if the man on the moon dies because I didn't empty my entire bank account for them.

I already have my chosen charities which I always donate to and are very close to my heart, so fcuk off the rest of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

mikemac2 wrote: »
    TA´d I cannot remember peoples names

I might get chatting to someone in work or sports club function or something and they tell me their name. Before our conversation even finishes I have likely forgotton it.

And then a few weeks later it's oh Mike how are you?...and I cannot ask for their name as it's embarrassing

Yet I could quote you sports statistics for decades, I once could list every Formula One champion ever by year, over 60 names in year by year order. Why cannot I remember useful stuff ?!?
    Is it that you can't remember the names if you are just told them, but if you saw the name written down, you would? I'm like that, taking things in visually rather than aurally. You could ask me to add four relatively simple numbers and I might get it quickly enough (or I'd have to get you to repeat the numbers) but I could see the six numbers and the target on the Countdown numbers game and solve it in a split-second. I can remember the birthdays of people in my class in primary school in the early '80s, and well as the alpha-numeric numbers over a hundred people in work.

My major trivial annoyance is that the chain on my bike snapped on the way home from work yesterday evening, in the pouring rain. :mad: It happened in the middle of a busy crossroads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Trick is to say the person's name out loud when they tell you. You're much more likely to remember it.

And If you do forget it during the conversation just ask again before you pass the point of no return!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

A lot like the "saw a man ina white van driving round de estate watch out for ur kids evry1" posts

Shared by someone in Dublin, originally posted in England.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trick is to say the person's name out loud when they tell you. You're much more likely to remember it.

And If you do forget it during the conversation just ask again before you pass the point of no return!!

That would mean being able to retain it long enough to repeat it... It literally evaporates from my head the instant it has left the person's lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

looks like a toohache for the weekend, dentist can't see me till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deja Boo wrote: »
    looks like a toohache for the weekend, dentist can't see me till next week.

Clove oil has helped me quite often.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

It's more an observation than an annoyance but circle jerks on boards. No matter what people say they definitely exist. I should know as I used to be a part of one but decided to remove myself. Basically it's just a group of people thanking each others posts consistently regardless of what the post is. Not everyone on boards partakes or is like that but there is plenty of instances. I just think it's all a bit ridiculous.

There really should be a general observation thread on boards..... that's my TA :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My TA is the beginning of charities hounding you for money for the next few weeks. Already got big envelopes from two charities and I suppose they'll be kicking down the front door soon enough telling me that it's my fault if the man on the moon dies because I didn't empty my entire bank account for them.

I already have my chosen charities which I always donate to and are very close to my heart, so fcuk off the rest of ye!
    I got a free t-bag with one of those begging letters last week. But is was a Barry's t-bag so no use in this Lyon's house!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's more an observation than an annoyance but circle jerks on boards. No matter what people say they definitely exist. I should know as I used to be a part of one but decided to remove myself. Basically it's just a group of people thanking each others posts consistently regardless of what the post is. Not everyone on boards partakes or is like that but there is plenty of instances. I just think it's all a bit ridiculous.

There really should be a general observation thread on boards..... that's my TA :D

tO tHANK or not to thank, that is the question

mikemac2 wrote: »
    TA´d I cannot remember peoples names

I might get chatting to someone in work or sports club function or something and they tell me their name. Before our conversation even finishes I have likely forgotton it.

And then a few weeks later it's oh Mike how are you?...and I cannot ask for their name as it's embarrassing

Yet I could quote you sports statistics for decades, I once could list every Formula One champion ever by year, over 60 names in year by year order. Why cannot I remember useful stuff ?!?

Me too. But its especially bad if I meet them out of context. A person I know from the gym if I meet them in a pub or supermarket I'm completely flummoxed.

They're Manu fans on the liverpool thread !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

cjmc wrote: »
    Me too. But its especially bad if I meet them out of context. A person I know from the gym if I meet them in a pub or supermarket I'm completely flummoxed.

Once I didn't recognise my father's next door neighbor (whom I've known for over 15 years) because I saw him in full figure as opposed to behind a fence...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I cried at the John Lewis Christmas ad. I'm the most oversensitive, over emotional woman in Ireland this week, I need to get a grip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

Once I didn't recognise my father's next door neighbor (whom I've known for over 15 years) because I saw him in full figure as opposed to behind a fence...

Is his name Wilson?!

I keep 2 hankies beside when I'm sitting down.
    One for when my reading glasses get steamed up
    The other for blowing my nose as I have a particularly bad cold
    TA I mixed them up :(

Is his name Wilson?!

No, and the fence is at waist level... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

No, and the fence is at waist level... :o

Oh well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement