Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Lately I’ve seen a lot of people spelling ‘his’ as ‘he’s’. For example: ‘Off he goes to he’s home’. I don’t care if it’s dodgy autocorrect, my eye twitches every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

People who start a sentence with "So", just watch any news programme, it's particularly common when someone is answering a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Lately I’ve seen a lot of people spelling ‘his’ as ‘he’s’. For example: ‘Off he goes to he’s home’. I don’t care if it’s dodgy autocorrect, my eye twitches every time.

People who say “damn autocorrect!” when they make a spelling mistake. Just turn it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Being awake at 4.30 AGAIN.Is a pain in the ae=rse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

dubstarr wrote: »
    Being awake at 4.30 AGAIN.Is a pain in the ae=rse

In my books that would be more than trivial, I spent many years like that. If you feel it's affecting the quality of your life, (in my case it was having a serious impact) you should really speak to your GP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The fact that some soccer team in London have sacked their manager, that it is headline news. So sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Cat projectile vomited all over the rug this morning just as I was about to walk out the door to work. Not a great start to the day. Actually this entire week can go suck a fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Seamai wrote: »
    In my books that would be more than trivial, I spent many years like that. If you feel it's affecting the quality of your life, (in my case it was having a serious impact) you should really speak to your GP.

Yep, 100%.. I’m saying this as a guy who was the biggest insomniac on the planet, I’m ‘fixed’ now but only after not dealing with it properly and it having fairly debilitating effect on my health and wellbeing for years. Your GP will advise you on what the best route to take but just for reference there is a whole department in the Mater who deal with sleep disorders...

https://www.materprivate.ie/dublin/centre-services/all-services/sleep-disorders-clinic/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Reminds me of another one - people deliberately saying "then" when they mean "than". That car is more expensive then that one. Argh! :mad:

Radio stations that announce when cráp songs are coming up, "and don't go away. Coming up after the break we have Rod Stewart and James Blunt!" - Well thanks for the public health warning (switches stations). Or this morning, "coming up on celebrity gossip, why such and such is no longer on twitter!" - f*ck off. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Who's" instead of "Whose" on official presentations, from people who really should know better. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People telling me about boils and spots and ingrown hairs. Please just don't. You'll be using words like armpit next and I won't be held responsible for my actions. (What's wrong with "axilla" ?)

Insomnia is a royal b1tch. There are cures though ..or helpful treatments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I go through stages of it.Its not all the time.Thank God.But when i get it,i get it for weeks ata time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Colleagues who don't come out of a shared file when they go for tea/lunch/chats/the jack's, meaning no one else can go in and edit the file until that asshole comes out of it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Really? I have been like this for years. Sometimes Most days of the week I will wake at 2-3am and that's it for me for the rest of the night- no more sleep. A good night I'll get to 4.30-5am. I just have to put the radio to listen to current affairs and try to doze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I ordered a pair of shoes yesterday. Received an email this morning to say that they're on the way. With bloody Fastway! I'll be lucky if I ever see them. If I had known that the shop used Fastway, I honestly wouldn't have ordered them. I've had nightmares with them in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

My TA... every time I shake my head, its xmas. Any suggestions for a hair gel that won't give me dandruff, good people of AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

People filling the electric kettle through the spout resulting in any foreign bodies that are in the water being stopped by the filter. Then, when the water is poured out to make tea, coffee etc, the foreign bodies are the first into the cup!:mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This. Drives. Me. DEMENTED. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

The use of 'at' as in "where are you at?" instead of just "where are you?". Some might argue that it is correct but not me!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hairdressers who forget to stop cutting!

Up Donegal wrote: »
    The use of 'at' as in "where are you at?" instead of just "where are you?". Some might argue that it is correct but not me!!:mad:

Or "was sat" instead of "was sitting".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭Be right back

Antares35 wrote: »
    Or "was sat" instead of "was sitting".

Or there all asleep instead of they're all.

Or there all asleep instead of they're all.

Their their, sleeping like little angles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

People who put all the dirty dishes and cups etc to the FRONT of the dishwasher when the bloody thing is empty. Start at the back !!!

I'll eat before I sleep as I'm...hungary...

When the singer's with the best, famous love songs have a crap love life. It's disappointing but always the way. Like the couple's with the showiest romance never last as long.

I have a little dog (half pug, half something else), she's a lovely thing, I like her a lot, however she has this incredibly annoying and dangerous habit of scuttling/running around my feet/ankles when I'm walking around the kitchen - absolutely terrifed I'm going to accidentally step on her and crush or at the very least trip over her while I'm carrying a knife or big pot of boiling water or something some day :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have a little dog (half pug, half something cat), she's a lovely thing, I like her a lot, however she has this incredibly annoying and dangerous habit of scuttling/running around my feet/ankles when I'm walking around the kitchen - absolutely terrifed I'm going to accidentally step on her and crush or at the very least trip over her while I'm carrying a knife or big pot of boiling water or something some day :eek:

FYP. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I got a wedding invitation today.
    Bad enough that it was from someone I have not had any encounter with for years nor do I need to. Don't even have this person's current address or phone number or any social media interaction.
    But it was clearly an afterthought to invite me as the rsvp date is 2 weeks ago.
    Don't know if I will even go to the bother of a decline rsvp because of that.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement