Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

There should be a law that no trailers are allowed that are wider than the vehicle towing them.

I've met so many gobshítes with big wide trailers behind their jeeps that hardly keep in at all on narrow roads, forgetting that they need an extra foot of clearance for the trailer :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for when certain people see you're in good humour try to bring you down. It's not my fault you're in foul form.

I have to echo this. Misery loves company. I've a relative who loathed any sign of happiness in me (and everyone else, I guess).

What people like that don't think of is maybe you're making an effort to be positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Be right back

maudgonner wrote: »
    There should be a law that no trailers are allowed that are wider than the vehicle towing them.

I've met so many gobshítes with big wide trailers behind their jeeps that hardly keep in at all on narrow roads, forgetting that they need an extra foot of clearance for the trailer :eek:
    Saw a car towing another car with a trailer attached. They went up a small incline only for the tow rope to break...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who never shut up talking about work.
    "How long are you off, when are you back, sure I work 50 hours a week, sure I don't work in a bank, it's well for you, back at it, sure I may be up in the morning, I work over Christmas", and various others. Will you go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

These fringe movements that wouldn't stop telling me what to eat, now started banning what I might be interested to wear.
    For example, found out recently about this new Californian law banning the manufacture and sale of "new" fur clothing/shoes or handbags from 2023; tbh, the same law has so many exceptions that are questionable, as it excludes "the sale of leather, dog and cat fur, cowhides, deer, sheep and goat skin, and anything preserved through taxidermy".
    But I am sure this would become a trend.

From another point of view, it is frustrating when seeing no one plans to ban the sale of cheap synthetics (clothes/shoes/bags) made in low cost countries : why western countries allow imports at that scale for sh*it quality products that end up in the bin super fast is beyond my comprehension.

• Advertisement

"Vegan leather."
    It's flipping plastic.

Cat fur? Dog fur?

TA people sending videos. Especially videos with no message, comment, explanation, and no clue as to what it's about. And they never learn that I don't watch them or respond. I don't have time or inclination. Just keep sending videos

TA People complaining about children asking questions. Well done on stifling their curiosity. (Excluding questions that are really awkward or at an awkward time. Sometimes they ask a lot of random things one after another-maybe when parents are up to their eyeballs-I get that). Thinking of someone not on Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

You really don’t see peoples true colors until you see them running late in the morning, general manners, rules of the road seem to not apply before 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Started a new job in town so have to get the bus in. Trying to find the sweet spot time wise but there doesn’t appear to be one. I can get a bus at 7.45 and be in work at 8.30 and face a very long day (don’t finish til 6), or get a 7.50 bus and be late. So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

decky1 wrote: »
    when i'm washing the dishes and when putting water in the sink it hits a spoon and goes everywhere, Ahhhhhhhhh

Usually ends up in my crotch area (ditto spilled coffee, etc) and makes it look like I've p!ssed myself :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Websites than have an online enquiry form. You send off your request and nobody answers.....because nobody reads them....they really want you to send them an email instead. And why do they insist that I give a contact telephone number....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Candie wrote: »
    Ah, no. I had a similar situation years back. A relative had me checking out apartments here, there, and everywhere. They were just blanket bombing me with links and expecting me to put together a concise portfolio of properties for them to look at so their time wouldn't be wasted. I wish I'd copped on sooner that they put no value at all on my time or help! :(

My sister is much better and I don't mind helping them out because it is important that they don't waste their time looking for somewhere that's completely inappropriate but everyone knows the Shankill Road. It's in giant letters on the map. So it's just laziness on his part that he's not checking. I'd say we've looked through close to 100 properties on websites for them over the last 2 weeks. :(
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I genuinely started reading this on paragraph 2 and thought you had a boyfriend AND husband

Wouldn't that be nice! Lol.
    Mollyb60 I guess it's because cats can't be contained in a fenced garden. They might dig in flower beds or something like that. Of course, cats also don't wake you up by barking ....

I used to let people take a mile...they just imagine they're somehow doing you a favour by wasting your time :( TA anyone who thinks they can take an extra inch these days. Off they can fcuk.

They're indoor cats so that's not even the issue. It's just shocking that people are happier with a dog in an apartment than a cat. A dog could surely be way more destructive or disruptive to neighbours?
    And don't even get me started on the 14 page application form (for each person applying) the guarantor, personal references, professional references and previous landlord references that they have to provide just to apply to rent the place. It's insane!

The Nordie accent. Hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I'm studying in the evenings and have to be at class at 6pm. If I leave work at 4:45 pm, I will arrive at 5:15pm which means I have 45 minutes to kill. If I leave work at 5pm, I won't arrive until after 6 and will be late for my class. How can a 15 minutes delay in leaving double the journey time? TA feckin Dublin with it's rush hour traffic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Vegan leather."
    It's flipping plastic.

Cat fur? Dog fur?

They're both used extensively in clothes and shoes manufacturing in Asia - the vast majority of those real fur collars you see on winter jackets or on winter boots, or the trimmings on bags, keyrings, etc, are made using fur from cats and dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Read a book ,listen to music, better to arrive early than to spend 35 extra minutes in traffic .
    Buskers with loud electric speakers are annoying,
    most buskers are not that good ,i don,t want to listen to your singing from 50 yards away.
    I,m glad the summer is over , men walking around in shorts and sandals is not pleasant to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

riclad wrote: »
    Read a book ,listen to music, better to arrive early than to spend 35 extra minutes in traffic .
    Buskers with loud electric speakers are annoying,
    most buskers are not that good ,i don,t want to listen to your singing from 50 yards away.
    I,m glad the summer is over , men walking around in shorts and sandals is not pleasant to look at.

Have also decided that each 45 minute window will now be a Christmas shopping slot so my weekends will be freed up in December :D

Also on buskers, the massive circle people form around them, particularly on Grafton Street, leaving a tiny passageway for walkers to pass by. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,348 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who use the last of the water in the kettle and dont refill it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think you should be allowed to slap them once in front of an audience.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think you should be allowed to slap them once in front of an audience.

only once?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The best buskers are on grafton street, they go where the high spending middle class tourists shop.a good buskers will have
    people around in a circle ,using their phones to film , him , her .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

only once?
    it should learn em

What? Do you fill the kettle to may a cup of tea?

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    What? Do you fill the kettle to may a cup of tea?

well i dont leave it there empty. we have a high turnover of kettle use. if i use the last of the kettle i put some in and put it on again. guaranteed there will be somebody in within 5 minutes that wants to use it. as the water is already very hot they dont ahve to wait long for it to boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Websites than have an online enquiry form. You send off your request and nobody answers.....because nobody reads them....they really want you to send them an email instead. And why do they insist that I give a contact telephone number....

Or when they don’t sent a return label and you have to go to the bother of requesting it and printing it.. and before you know it it’s to late to return it!

Same here 're. Kettle filling negligence.

My steel hairband gives me a pressure headache. It keeps my curly hair back put of my face and every substance it could possibly trail into.

When people gorm into phones in company. TA that I developed a bad habit of doing it myself plus pointlessly screenwriting things and sending them on WhatsApp. You'd think I'd never seen a phone before.

TA sometimes I still suddenly cringe about things I did ages ago. Usually when I really want to sleep.
    Huge TA. People who just gape at you with mouth hanging open and eyes bulging as if you've said something so odious or obnoxious they're in clinical shock over it. Usually they've just misunderstood something but they're too arrogant to tease it out with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

People who constantly show off their children esp in the workplace....first few times i can tolerate it but after that it becomes irritating and you have to grimace a smile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

New Home wrote: »
    They're both used extensively in clothes and shoes manufacturing in Asia - the vast majority of those real fur collars you see on winter jackets or on winter boots, or the trimmings on bags, keyrings, etc, are made using fur from cats and dogs.

Tg4 had a documentary on that one time, I had to turn it off , nearly got sick watching it, getting the fur off dogs, the more petrified the dog, the better the fur was, and the dog fur was cheaper than the fake fur for your hoods, gloves and scarves....
    feck, my hair still stands on end just thinking of it,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The dup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

The dup.

They all have a similar twisted bigoted face on them. Arlene has it etched into her features.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement