Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Variegated jade and pearls plant reverting to green.

Lashing rain when I have to go somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The notion that if you don't agree with someone's statements it's because you're not intellectually robust enough to handle them. AKA "snowflake" I suppose. It's
    a sneaky way of de platforming critics. Sometimes they're statements of opinion that are just heinous and deserve to be objected to and challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

The headache that comes from your shoulders up your neck and makes you feel fuzzy and dis-orientated

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

An all consuming weight of exhaustion that just won’t leave me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People who walk away and leave taps running. You had to twist it to turn it on, why would you think it will automatically turn off? And while drying your hands, how did you not notice the tap still running?
    Came across this twice in the last few days.

• Advertisement

People who stand in the middle of escalators.
    Get out of my fupping way!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

People who drive in the bus lane or the wrong lane, pull up beside you and expect to merge back into the busy traffic. Get the f**k

Borgo wrote: »
    People who drive in the bus lane or the wrong lane, pull up beside you and expect to merge back into the busy traffic. Get the f**k

Worse are the people who let them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Borgo wrote: »

I get them every morning for the last 500m before I turn for work. I never let them in, it could mean me being stuck for a few minutes when the lights go to red, while they get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The amount of reckless and downright dangerous driving I’ve seen on the road lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

People who stand in the middle of escalators.
    Get out of my fupping way!

Or people who get off the escalator and stop. People are trying to get off it behind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Spent 10 minutes trying to heil a taxi in Dublin City centre this evening :confused:

Feckin' taxi-nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Everything I need to do for uni next year, is on the other side of the country AND in the country.
    Meaning it needs the extra expense of a taxi/b&b's and time.

More of a TA is how hard it can be to source a taxi to get from the nearest town to another town 20 mins away!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People on boards would argue about any ould sh!te. Back and forth getting angrier and angrier about something that is so unimportant.

How dare you, I'm offended, do you have a link to support that statement yadda yadda :D:pac:

TA morning sickness. Permament f*cking hangover without actually being able to drink booze - it's like a double slap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

storker wrote: »
    Feckin' taxi-nazis.

:D:D:D:D:D

TA taxis who refuse to do pick ups from my house because it is "too far out". It's actually not far at all, perhaps 3 miles from the base but because it's up a fecking hill computer says no. Last time, I called two days before to book one and yer man said he "couldn't guarantee there'd be a driver available" - that's precisely why I am calling you two days in advance, to make sure there is! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

People who walk out of a sauna and leave the door open behind them. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

storker wrote: »
    Feckin' taxi-nazis.
    They prefer the term Naxi's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Guy Person wrote: »

They've changed it to Neo-Naxi's recently.

Guy Person wrote: »

Not Tazi's? :D

cadaliac wrote: »

This should be a capital offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Or people who get off the escalator and stop. People are trying to get off it behind you!

Add people who stop suddenly to take in their surroundings when they enter/exit a shop, causing you to bump into them to that list too.

Bonus TA points for when they give you a filthy look for it, even though its completely their own fault for suddenly stopping in a doorway! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,390 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Have you got in yet?
    Small pebble to her bedroom window?

I eventually gave up and WhatsApped my next door neighbour who has a key. They have a new-ish baby so I hoped she'd be awake/see it before too long and she did after half an hour or so.

cadaliac wrote: »

They're the same people who walk away leaving taps running.

Getting on a flight yesterday. You know the vehicles they use for towing the steps? They left it at the bottom of the steps, running. So while people queued for and up the steps, we had lovely clouds of diesel fumes to add to all the other fumes at an airport. Just turn it off.

While I'm on the subject. Why do people leave their cars running when parked waiting for something (understandable in very cold weather)? Turn off your feckin engine!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,201 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was going to town.
    It was a quick visit to get something to eat for everybody.
    My father insisted on coming.
    He spent over 30 minutes getting ready.
    On the way to town we had to go home so he could do something.
    When we got to town he sat in the car.
    It started raining and I got wet. They also had sold out of what I wanted to get.
    I wouldn't mind if he was somebody who rarely went out but he's always going to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Add people who stop suddenly to take in their surroundings when they enter/exit a shop, causing you to bump into them to that list too.

Bonus TA points for when they give you a filthy look for it, even though its completely their own fault for suddenly stopping in a doorway! :mad:

Leaving Aldi one day last week, three people thought that standing directly outside the door was just a fantastic place to have a chat. To hell with anyone else trying to get out of the shop. Stupid stupid people!

Just having a quiet coffee in a local coffee shop...if it wasn't for the woman who seems to need to talk as loud as she can to her children. The children are grand, I just want to point out to her that they are sitting directly across from her. Not at the far end of a football pitch or something. Shhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The bloody dryer in my house has broken down so I'm having to dry garments individually on a small plug in radiator and its taking ages.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Something similar happened me in LIDL, it was one of them upstairs one's, was bringing the trolley down on the escalator and 4 fools stopped at the end talking, the trolley wheels grip the escalator and bring it down then release it at the end, so nothing I could do except plough them out of it with the trolley, dozy cnuts thought I was in the wrong.
    SirChenjin wrote: »
    Leaving Aldi one day last week, three people thought that standing directly outside the door was just a fantastic place to have a chat. To hell with anyone else trying to get out of the shop. Stupid stupid people!

Just having a quiet coffee in a local coffee shop...if it wasn't for the woman who seems to need to talk as loud as she can to her children. The children are grand, I just want to point out to her that they are sitting directly across from her. Not at the far end of a football pitch or something. Shhhhh!

21/25

The bloody dryer in my house has broken down so I'm having to dry garments individually on a small plug in radiator and its taking ages.

Get a clothes horse.
    I hardly use the dryer anymore - really no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Muller1991

uch wrote: »
    Something similar happened me in LIDL, it was one of them upstairs one's, was bringing the trolley down on the escalator and 4 fools stopped at the end talking, the trolley wheels grip the escalator and bring it down then release it at the end, so nothing I could do except plough them out of it with the trolley, dozy cnuts thought I was in the wrong.

Ugh , This happened me a couple of weeks ago in Aldi in Terenure, I even gave a warning and asked them to move, People didnt move and then moaned about getting a swift knock of the trolley to the backside. . . Some people just don't use there noggins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

While I'm on the subject. Why do people leave their cars running when parked waiting for something (understandable in very cold weather)? Turn off your feckin engine!

Where I live people regularly leave their engine running while shopping in the Polish shop. If you were a car thief you wouldn't have to wait long, and they wouldn't even be able to claim on their insurance. Some have additional free children but you can just throw those disease factories out....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement