Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

blinding wrote: »
    Your running away from the Elephant in the Room .

A very large amount of the Homophobia in Britain is from the Islamic Community .

When that Elephant knocks you down then maybe you will have to face it .

Fingers in ears and fingers over eyes ain't going to cut it .

Islam is hugely homophobic . Just look at that School in Birmingham . High Court orders need stop Muslim Intimidating staff at a School teaching very mild stuff about two mummies and two daddies .

Don’t let Islam Intimidate you it will only encourage Violent Islamic Intimidation .

Of all the posters in this thread it seems you are the one most intimidated by islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

All the Abrahamic religions are homophobic. Also Islam has little to do with this particular case so don’t see why you’re bringing it up constantly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I would like them to have published the ethnicity of the attackers. Clear enough for you?

So you can have your bias confirmed?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Of all the posters in this thread it seems you are the one most intimidated by islam.
    I understand that you cannot be cow-ed by Violent Intimidation . It only encourages more violent Intimidation .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Christy42

So we have reached the point in the thread were the attack was definitely most certainly not homophobic.

Buy if it was then it was all down to the Muslims obviously. After hours is a parody of itself at this point

• Advertisement

I understand that you cannot be cow-ed by Violent Intimidation . It only encourages more violent Intimidation .

When was the last time a muslim violently intimidated you?

Why are you intimidated by a religion?

Brian? wrote: »
    So you can have your bias confirmed?
    Do you know their ethnicity / religious background ?

Hopefully they were just scumbags .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

RIGOLO wrote: »
    maybe you need to take a holiday , get a bit more woke ...

As at 5 April 2019, 14 countries or jurisdictions, all of which are Islamic and ruled by sharia, impose the death penalty for homosexuality. These include Afghanistan, Brunei, Iran, Mauritania, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen, the United Arab Emirates, parts of Nigeria, parts of Somalia, parts of Syria and parts of Iraq

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

What has this got to do with this thread?

The argument has moved on from “it wasn’t homophobia and even if it was whatabout it - happens to straights all the time” to “what about Islam”

There’s probably no arguing with stupid, but we struggle on.

[HTML][/HTML]
    Christy42 wrote: »
    So we have reached the point in the thread were the attack was definitely most certainly not homophobic.

Buy if it was then it was all down to the Muslims obviously. After hours is a parody of itself at this point

Yep according to the same posters who have issues with homosexuals.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I'm not sure you have to have a huge interest in women's rights or LGBT rights to find yourself speaking out in defense of them.

There are of course bigots who will use aspects of religious faith to further their own agendas. But there's also an incontrovertible reluctance to openly and forcefully confront the culture of contented ignorance and intolerance among a significant number of Muslims and the implications of how that adversely impacts on the freedoms we currently enjoy as citizens of a socially progressive society.

Being a European encompasses far more than simply attaining a right to residency and bagging yourself a passport. It's having an understanding of who we are, how we've reached this point in our societal development, a shared appreciation of the values & customs we hold dear, a respect for the secular rule of law and finding that common form of neighbourliness, most often expressed in a loyalty to the nation state.

You can rule out Catholics then, a common argument from the likes of paisley was it was that we're ruled and only have allegiance to Rome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Christy42 wrote: »

It’s a definitely not homophobic attack of the type that happens to straight people all the time caused by Islamic homophobia.

Do you know their ethnicity / religious background ?

Hopefully they were just scumbags .

Anyone who carries out an attack like this is a scumbag, race/creed/colour does not come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

FTA69 wrote: »
    I think Khan is a slimy careerist little sh*t but the idea that he alone is to blame for the crime is simplistic and stupid to be blunt about it.

Crime occurs in a context of social factors. The Tory government has slashed police numbers to the point they’re ineffective. On top of that austerity has seen youth centres and initiatives and sports cut across the board. Schools are excluding record numbers of children because there are no more resources to help deal with them. Couple that with overcrowding and absent parents due to having to work long hours because pay is so low you have a recipe for disaster.

All of the above can’t be blamed of Sadiq Khan.

As a famous leader once said… the buck stops here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

Your running away from the Elephant in the Room .

A very large amount of the Homophobia in Britain is from the Islamic Community .

When that Elephant knocks you down then maybe you will have to face it .

Fingers in ears and fingers over eyes ain't going to cut it .

Islam is hugely homophobic . Just look at that School in Birmingham . High Court orders need stop Muslim Intimidating staff at a School teaching very mild stuff about two mummies and two daddies .

Don’t let Islam Intimidate you it will only encourage Violent Islamic Intimidation .
    So indulge me..What did Islam have to do with my brother Jaco's death,They were there in Beaumont giving him care 2nd to none.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

What has this got to do with this thread?

The argument has moved on from “it wasn’t homophobia and even if it was whatabout it - happens to straights all the time” to “what about Islam”

There’s probably no arguing with stupid, but we struggle on.

I was a response to another posters one-liner.

I guess the totalitarianism of the left , extends to intolerance of how people should discuss this topic.

Maybe post up the discussion rules that you deem we should all obey
    or on the other hand ... maybe go on a holiday like the other poster and get a bit woke...
    Why are you using lgbt people to justify your bigoted islamophobia?
    maybe you need to take a holiday , get a bit more woke ...

As at 5 April 2019, 14 countries or jurisdictions, all of which are Islamic and ruled by sharia, impose the death penalty for homosexuality. These include Afghanistan, Brunei, Iran, Mauritania, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen, the United Arab Emirates, parts of Nigeria, parts of Somalia, parts of Syria and parts of Iraq

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

This is interesting , the lgbt community defending a religion that would execute them in 14 countries, defending a religion that just a few miles across the water is protesting against the teaching of same-sex relationships.

Its akin to 2008 and when the black community in California overwhelmingly supported Prop 8, 70% of the black community voted to ban same-sex marriage, helping prop 8 pass. LGBT community never really wanted to or was willing to get to grips with the thorny issues that raised.

Theres all sorts of contradictions which the left is having to face up to these days. They dont know who or what is on their side, they are fighting for so many causes many of which have opposing end goals.
    I think much of their angst , as demonstrated by their TDS, calling everyone raycist , fashist and adding phobia to every second word they speak is cos they are confused by the contradictions of whos on their side and whos not.

I was a response to another posters one-liner.

I guess the totalitarianism of the left , extends to intolerance of how people should discuss this topic.

Maybe post up the discussion rules that you deem we should all obey
    or on the other hand ... maybe go on a holiday like the other poster and get a bit woke...

This is interesting , the lgbt community defending a religion that would execute them in 14 countries, defending a religion that just a few miles across the water is protesting agains the teaching of same-sex relationships.

Its akin to 2008 and when the black community in California overwhelmingly supported Prop 8, 70% of the black community voted to ban same-sex marriage, helping prop 8 pass. LGBT community never really wanted to or was willing to get to grips with the thorny issues that raised.

Theres all sorts of contradictions which the left is having to face up to these days. They dont know who or what is on their side, they are fighting for so many causes many of which have opposing end goals.
    I think much of their angst , as demonstrated by their TDS, calling everyone raycist , fashist and adding phobia to every second word they speak is cos they are confused by the contradictions of whos on their side and whos not.

Thousands marched in Dublin before the SSM referendum. Bloody catholics pushing their beliefs on others :rolleyes:

elli21 wrote: »
    So indulge me..What did Islam have to do with my brother Jaco's death,They were there in Beaumont giving him care 2nd to none.
    Plenty of People in Britain have been the victims of homophobia many of them victims of Islamic Homophobia . If you want to stop Homophobia in Britain then it is necessary to stop Islamic Homophobia .

Stopping Homophobia is very Important . Denying that Islamic Homophobia exists is hiding your head in the sand stuff . It is of course not the only Homophobia but it is a big part of Homophobia in Britain .

Do not let Islam Intimidate you .

Plenty of People in Britain have been the victims of homophobia many of them victims of Islamic Homophobia . If you want to stop Homophobia in Britain then it is necessary to stop Islamic Homophobia .

Stopping Homophobia is very Important . Denying that Islamic Homophobia exists is hiding your head in the sand stuff . It is of course not the only Homophobia but it is a big part of Homophobia in Britain .

But Islam had nothing to with this homophobic attack so why do you bring Islam into this attack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

DubInMeath wrote: »
    [HTML][/HTML]

Yep according to the same posters who have issues with homosexuals.
    which posters are these

Who the **** is allowing Islam intimidate them and what has it got to with the question asked.

• Advertisement

Love to see your evidence for this, can you link me to the study that shows the % of islamic homophobic attacks versus homophobic attacks by other religions in Britain?

For the love of all things sacred ..why would islam intimidate me??

But Islam had nothing to with this homophobic attack so why do you bring Islam into this attack ?
    How do you know that ?

How do you know that ?

Any answer to my question?

You made a claim, the onus is on you to back up that claim with evidence.

You made a claim, the onus is on you to back up that claim with evidence.
    Read through that lot and get back to me .

You can bring a horse to water but you can’t make them drink it !

You clearly must be afraid of the Violent Intimidation of Islam ( it works for them with some people, sadly ).

Pretending stuff doesn’t exist , doesn’t work . We ,in Ireland should know that with regard to the Catholic Church , FF /FG Lab etc etc etc .

How do you know that ?
    They were not Muslims....have you even bothered to listen to the two victims??

I know that will pee you off no end..but you are going to find something else to blame on Muslims.

Please take a moment and listen to the victims

They were not Muslims....have you even bothered to listen to the two victims??

I know that will pee you off no end..but you are going to find something else to blame on Muslims.

Please take a moment and listen to the victims
    How do the Victims know they were not Muslims / Islamic Culture ?

I don’t think the scumbags were the type to discuss theology .

• Advertisement

Read through that lot and get back to me .

You can bring a horse to water but you can’t make them drink it !

You clearly must be afraid of the Violent Intimidation of Islam ( it works for them with some people, sadly ).

Pretending stuff doesn’t exist , doesn’t work . We ,in Ireland should know that with regard to the Catholic Church , FF /FG Lab etc etc etc .

No

You made the claim

Now either back that claim up with evidence or admit that you are talking bollòx.

Why does Islam intimidate you? You must be afraid to leave your house at this stage. You have my pity.

Advertisement