Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Kimsang wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/ill-murder-you-you-dirty-spring-roll-horror-racist-attack-on-young-girl-outside-pizza-shop-35782050.html

Please take a look at this video.

Its being called a 'racist attack' because one girl called another a 'springroll' during a vicious attack

However if you watch the video you clearly see the attacking girl say 'if you get cheeky with me again" indicating there was a past between the two girls, instead of just an attack because of her race.

It is not a hate crime, but everyone is calling it as such. would you call it a hate crime?

There we have it folks, a girl was 'cheeky' so deserved a racially motivated attack.

Another bigot who has done nothing but bitch and moan about people categorising it as a homophobic attack and shown no compassion for two women being viciously beaten.

Also, mods can ban whoever they want for whatever they want. Boards isn't a democracy and you have no rights here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Moaning when a poster points out that the mayor of London(whos the head of police)might have done more to help prevent these attacks...crying wah brown muslim did it sarcastically is virtue signalling and being blind to the idea that theres more at play here than just a few scum beating up women because they were gay.

You would want to be some ignorant fool to think these homophobic attacks only happen in London.
    when they happen in the arsehole of every county in Ireland.

Thankfully in Ireland in the main ..we blame the scum..not the politcians .

Why are we teaching the young that they are not responsible for their own behaviour..it's the politcians fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

spurious wrote: »
    If you speak fluent scang, you will know 'getting cheeky' can cover everything from a teacher asking them to take out their books, why they are late, a look in their direction, not wanting your property stolen or simply walking along the street minding your own business.

Same thing with the even more famous "What are ye lookin' at?".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If you speak fluent scang, you will know 'getting cheeky' can cover everything from a teacher asking them to take out their books, why they are late, a look in their direction, not wanting your property stolen or simply walking along the street minding your own business.

we seem to have decided as a society that on the whole, we'd rather not discipline our young people any more. i feel for teachers, i really do. I worked in summer camps in my late teens early twenties and im very glad i did that years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

elli21 wrote: »
    You would want to be some ignorant fool to think these homophobic attacks only happen in London.
    when they happen in the arsehole of every county in Ireland.

Thankfully in Ireland in the main ..we blame the scum..not the politcians .

Why are we teaching the young that they are not responsible for their own behaviour..it's the politcians fault?

Don't make the mistake of thinking this place is representative of most people in Ireland, because it's not.

It's more like that pub that every town seems to have, the one where the real Tough Guys go - you know, the ones who've been barred for life from every other pub. For some unfathomable reason, boards management seem to be happy to collect that kind of userbase, while alienating every normal, decent, kind person left here. God's knows why; it seems like business suicide to me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

They were arrested since the start of the thread more or less.
    Problem is...what kind of scumbags would do this and how is it happening in a city like London!
    Its not normal this kind of attack.
    Scumbags in London are all too common . These young women were very lucky they were not stabbed .

Knife crime in London is very common now .

Das Reich wrote: »
    Great. Curious to see their faces and names.
    Hopefully after this horrific attack the public are allowed to look at the scumbags .

You just know that in the strange world/minds of some AH posters, this was the women's fault.
    Re-Move TinFoil from Head Slowly !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

You just know that in the strange world/minds of some AH posters, this was the women's fault.
    And how do you know? Telepathy maybe?
    Its not from reading their posts, anyway.

recedite wrote: »
    And how do you know? Telepathy maybe?
    Its not from reading their posts, anyway.

The posts that play it down?

Or people like you arguing a toss with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,001 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You dont care about why this happened or how we can stop it happening again,all you care about is showing how virtous you are on an anonymous message board for others to see.
    Fcuking sad really

Nah. Its sad that all some people around here want to do is deny homophobia and blame muslims.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Nah. Its sad that all some peoole around here want to do is deny homophobia and blame muslims.
    Islam is very homophobic . In areas where there are large numbers of Muslims in Britain , Homophobia has increased a lot .

Awkward Fact but not Fake news = True .

blinding wrote: »
    Islam is very homophobic . In areas where there are large numbers of Muslims in Britain , Homophobia has increased a lot .

I always find it hilarious that people who never gave a sh it about womens or lgbt rights find sudden interest because of their islamophobia.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

But people just want to blame Muslims for anything, and let it dominate the discussion other than the fact that this is a homophobic attack on two women who refused to kiss for the entertainment of some horny boys.

Piss off bringing the 'it was the Muslims' ****e in here. I don't care who carried it out. Stop trying to turn the conversation into something lesser than what it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Islam (like most other religions) is indeed very homophobic.

However, while homophobia has increased not just in the Muslim community, but also in the Christian community. Typically amongst the less educated, poorly informed types.

And as Joey mentions. The same people who spout the "religion of peace" ****e by and large don't give a flying **** about women's rights or LGBT rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

when my brother and his partner were first beaten in Co Carlow...there was no muslims involved.They moved to Blanch in April 2014..this beating was dreadfull ..my brother died 3 times that night...transfered him to Beaumount..can never thank them enough.

He took his own life 5th of june 2017...The only muslims involed were the ones who fought tho save Jaco's life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Allinall

Nobelium wrote: »
    quote the part that proves their motivation for the attack was homophobia and not just scumbag behavior.

There’s no proof.

You asked for evidence, which is there.

I always find it hilarious that people who never gave a sh it about womens or lgbt rights find sudden interest because of their islamophobia.
    Good attempted swerve on Islam's Homophobia = but fail.

I am a middle aged man who has always believed in equality for women and couldn’t give two hoots one way or another about peoples sexuality . Much more interested in getting sex for myself rather than worrying about other peoples sexuality .

I dislike vulnerable people or anyone for that matter being attacked by scumbags . What sensible person doesn’t dislike that .

This does not affect that Islam is Homophobic and that areas with high Islamic populations in Britain are much higher in homophobia than other places .

If you are worried about Homophobia you should be concerned about all Homophobia including Islamic Homophobia especially as it is much higher in Islamic Communities . Sadly a great place to find Homophobia rests in Islamic communities . Please stop running away from this .

when my brother and his partner were first beaten in Co Carlow...there was no muslims involved.They moved to Blanch in April 2014..this beating was dreadfull ..my brother died 3 times that night...transfered him to Beaumount..can never thank them enough.

He took his own life 5th of june 2017...The only muslims involed were the ones who fought tho save Jaco's life

I was going to reply to this with a sarcastic post having a pop at what some of the bigots here are saying but that would be using your situation as point-scoring. I'm so, so sorry this happened to you and your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Faugheen wrote: »
    The posts that play it down?
    Or people like you arguing a toss with it?
    Quote one of the posts that said it was the women's own fault.

If they had been kissing on the bus, I could imagine a homophobic post saying it was their own fault that they were attacked. But as I say, that's only in my imagination.

• Advertisement

B0jangles wrote: »
    Don't make the mistake of thinking this place is representative of most people in Ireland, because it's not.

It's more like that pub that every town seems to have, the one where the real Tough Guys go - you know, the ones who've been barred for life from every other pub. For some unfathomable reason, boards management seem to be happy to collect that kind of userbase, while alienating every normal, decent, kind person left here. God's knows why; it seems like business suicide to me.

you forgot to say cesspit, no bingo for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Very sorry to hear that Ellie. I was trying to understand in your post if the severe beating occurred in Carlow/ Blanchardstown?

recedite wrote: »
    Quote one of the posts that said it was the women's own fault.

If they had been kissing on the bus, I could imagine a homophobic post saying it was their own fault that they were attacked. But as I say, that's only in my imagination.

I personally didn't see any, but looking at a number of posts of people who argue a toss about it and play it down, we're not far away from it.

Why do you care so much anyway? Nobody made that claim about you.

Have you any compassion for the victims of this homophobic attack or not?

If you do, then why are you arguing over what someone said that wasn't about you?

If you don't, well then that tells me everything I need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

B0jangles wrote: »

The people on here and the headcases on Twitter can't believe their luck that people actually engage with them on the internet, in real life anybody who knows them likely avoids any discussion with them.

"blinding wrote: »
    I am a middle aged man

Surprise surprise

Faugheen wrote: »
    Surprise surprise
    This is not illegal yet !:p

Good attempted swerve on Islam's Homophobia = but fail.

I am a middle aged man who has always believed in equality for women and couldn’t give two hoots one way or another about peoples sexuality . Much more interested in getting sex for myself rather than worrying about other peoples sexuality .

I dislike vulnerable people or anyone for that matter being attacked by scumbags . What sensible person doesn’t dislike that .

This does not affect that Islam is Homophobic and that areas with high Islamic populations in Britain are much higher in homophobia than other places .

If you are worried about Homophobia you should be concerned about all Homophobia including Islamic Homophobia especially as it is much higher in Islamic Communities . Sadly a great place to find Homophobia rests in Islamic communities . Please stop running away from this .

I care more about human rights. Homophobia and bigoted islamophobia are of equal concern to me. As I always find it hilarious and fascinating to see womens and lgbt rights used against muslims to justify islamophobia. I am not running away from anything. I just dont let people dictate to me that because I am gay I must be islamophobic. I'm not Islamophobic. I dont believe in setting one group against another.

Nah really what a lot of this is about is using LGBT people in an Islamophobic agenda.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

That is dreadful. Your family have been through horror most of us can't even imagine. I am really sorry for your trouble & loss.

I think some people on here are just saying that while of course, as you said, people and they alone are responsible for the crimes they commit, however scumbags who do the actual crimes don't care about that. Sadly many of them have been raised to not give a f***. From a society pov they are like weeds that spring up wherever they are allowed to go unchecked and then take over. And that it is up to those in power to maintain areas properly so decent people can go about their business unharmed. The politician is not responsible for the actual crime but he might and is imo responsible for choosing a hands off approach to managing their areas.

I care more about human rights. Homophobia and bigoted islamophobia are of equal concern to me. As I always find it hilarious and fascinating to see womens and lgbt rights used against muslims to justify islamophobia. I am not running away from anything. I just dont let people dictate to me that because I am gay I must be islamophobic. I'm not Islamophobic. I dont believe in setting one group against another.

Nah really what a lot of this is about is using LGBT people in an Islamophobic agenda.
    Womens right groups and the LGBT groups are scared sh!tless of Islam .

Homophobia works for Islam because of the cowardice of these groups .

Call out the Homophobia of Islam because it is real .

Just look at Islam in action at that school in Birmingham where Islam's Homophobia is laid bare . Stop running away from Islam because you are afraid of it . First of all that will not work with Islam because Islam uses Violent Intimidation to cow those who oppose it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Could a Mod close this thread as it has run its course.

Advertisement