Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Faugheen wrote: »
    I personally didn't see any, but looking at a number of posts of people who argue a toss about it and play it down, we're not far away from it.

Why do you care so much anyway? Nobody made that claim about you.

Have you any compassion for the victims of this homophobic attack or not?

If you do, then why are you arguing over what someone said that wasn't about you?

If you don't, well then that tells me everything I need to know.
    OK, thank-you for that admission.
    I care about the truth, is that so bad?
    Of course I have compassion for the victims. The best way for society to show it cares is to do something to prevent similar attacks.

The perpetrators need to be identified publicly and then severely punished. If they belong to a particular category/profile of people that would previously have been subjected to "stop and search" policing, but who the police are afraid to touch now, then Sadiq Khan needs to look again at whether his politically correct policing methods are actually benefiting the public.

blinding wrote: »
    Womens right groups and the LGBT groups are scared sh!tless of Islam .

Homophobia works for Islam because of the cowardice of these groups .

Call out the Homophobia of Islam because it is real .

Just look at Islam in action at that school in Birmingham where Islam's Homophobia is laid bare . Stop running away from Islam because you are afraid of it . First of all that will not work with Islam because Islam uses Violent Intimidation to cow those who oppose it .

Plenty of those groups call out the homophobia of all religion.

What is being highlighted js that a lot of people who try to use lgbt and women's rights as a stick against immigrants and Muslims are normally the same people who have an issue with lgbt and women's rights, especially on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

What's shocked me is that on a thread in 2019 there were still people trying to defend the indefensible and there were some unbelievably homophobic posts that were deleted by mods.

You get stuff like that and far worse on any forum, as the homophobes seem to be attracted to threads like this like moths to a flame.

You'd really wonder what the hell is wrong with the world sometimes. Seems to be a small % who just get off on bigotry.
    It's disheartening and just genuinely depressing to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

As the venerable Jeremy Clarkson has said

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/1136979651224657920

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 mdk_kdm

Anteayer wrote: »
    What's shocked me is that on a thread in 2019 there were still people trying to defend the indefensible and there were some unbelievably homophobic posts that were deleted by mods.

You get stuff like that and far worse on any forum, as the homophobes seem to be attracted to threads like this like moths to a flame.

You'd really wonder what the hell is wrong with that world sometimes. Seems to be a small % who just get off on bigotry.

What does 2019 have to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

The perps should 100% be named and shamed, and then banged up for along time,it was a vicious unprovoked attack. I was sickened reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

Nikki Sixx wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear that Ellie. I was trying to understand in your post if the severe beating occurred in Carlow/ Blanchardstown?

The first beating happened in Carlow...the 2nd that he died 3 times happened in Blanch

mdk_kdm wrote: »
    What does 2019 have to do with it?

Mashes keyboard.

I said I'd given up on this forum and wouldn't post again. I should have stuck to my statement.

elli21 wrote: »
    The first beating happened in Carlow...the 2nd that he died 3 times happened in Blanch

Elli, just read your previous post. That is absolutely terrible. Sorry to hear he went though that and thoughts are with your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Kimsang wrote: »
    Are you saying that the statement "this is a homophobic attack" is a falsifiable statement? I was of course always talking in the context of this argument.

Because I'm saying this is an unfalsifiable statement, since intent would be nearly impossible to prove, and impossible to disprove. The words homophobic attack implies intent in the case of the attacker.

Its pretty easy to prove I would think. If they ignored straight couples, engaged in homophobic rhetoric, ordered the couple to engage in homosexual activity and then beat the crap out of them for resisting that’s probably evidence enough in the real world.

• Advertisement

Pissartist wrote: »
    The perps should 100% be named and shamed, and then banged up for along time,it was a vicious unprovoked attack. I was sickened reading it.

Those that were 18 or older might be but don't think they will be as it could be argued as helping identity the attackers who are under 18.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Plenty of those groups call out the homophobia of all religion.

What is being highlighted js that a lot of people who try to use lgbt and women's rights as a stick against immigrants and Muslims are normally the same people who have an issue with lgbt and women's rights, especially on here.
    Islam is a very Homophobic Religion .

If you are going to tackle Homophobia then Islam's Homophobia has to be tackled particlularly in area with high Muslim numbers .

If you got rid of Islamic homophobia in Britain you would be getting rid of a lot of homophobia .

Do not let Islam use Violent Intimidation to stop Homophobia . Islam uses Violent Intimidation to get its way . It works for Islam . Its why it does it .

Womens right groups and the LGBT groups are scared sh!tless of Islam .

Homophobia works for Islam because of the cowardice of these groups .

Call out the Homophobia of Islam because it is real .

Just look at Islam in action at that school in Birmingham where Islam's Homophobia is laid bare . Stop running away from Islam because you are afraid of it . First of all that will not work with Islam because Islam uses Violent Intimidation to cow those who oppose it .

Guess what. There was plenty criticism of that. From the local labour MP, to most feminist groups, across liberal twitter etc.

questioning why this attack is either worthy of so much attention vs other attacks or whether it is relevant or desirable to lead with an angle on the sexual preferences of the victims is not homphobic

as often as people declare it so (and engage in very self-satisfied ad-hom throughout) it will still never be the case.

ive not see a whit of evidence that a poster on this thread is homophobic or supports homophobia

nobody in this thread supports the attack and nobody on this thread wishes anything but for the attackers to be brought to swift justice

nobody on the thread wishes anything but fast recovery from the ordeal for the victims

now, if you can glean one or two posts to counter that, i may have missed them. but to claim the argument of one side throughout the thread in any way contradicts any of the above statements you are guilty of rank misrepresentation

and yet theres a dozen or more of ye doing it.

why is that

Guess what. There was plenty criticism of that. From the local labour MP, to most feminist groups, across liberal twitter etc.
    One MP backed the protesters the other day . A Labour MP at that .

questioning why this attack is either worthy of so much attention vs other attacks or whether it is relevant or desirable to lead with an angle on the sexual preferences of the victims is not homphobic

Quite honestly, I don't even know where to start with that statement.

I give up on boards.ie

Account closed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 mdk_kdm

Anteayer wrote: »
    Quite honestly, I don't even know where to start with that statement.

I give up on boards.ie

Account closed.

I thought you weren't going to post in this thread again?

If you got rid of Islamic homophobia in Britain you would be getting rid of a lot of homophobia ..

You would in me arse, that's like saying is you got rid of Catholic homophobia you would have less in Ireland
    Most of the posters on here who have issues with lgbt people claim to not be religious.
    Their normally the same ones complaining about immigrants and Muslims also.

Catholicism is as homophobic as Islam, so unless you are arguing that it should be removed also can't see your point.

One MP backed the protesters the other day . A Labour MP at that .

Roundly condemned by his party. Also he himself is fairly conservative (opposed gay marriage etc).

DubInMeath wrote: »
    You would in me arse, that's like saying is you got rid of Catholic homophobia you would have less in Ireland
    Most of the posters on here who have issues with lgbt people claim to not be religious.
    Their normally the same ones complaining about immigrants and Muslims also.

Catholicism is as homophobic as Islam, so unless you are arguing that it should be removed also can't see your point.
    Catholics haven’t thrown gay people off buildings recently to the best of my knowledge . I am an atheist by the way .

If you got rid of Islamic Homophobia in Britain you would be getting rid of a lot of Homophobia in Britain.

Do not let Islam Intimidate you . Islam uses Violent Intimidation to get its way .

High Court orders have had to be used in Birmingham to keep Muslim Protestors from Intimidating staff at the school where they are teaching children extremely mild stuff about possibly having two mummies or daddies .

Do not roll over for Islamic intimidation . They will only use more of it to get more of their way .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Islam is a very Homophobic Religion .

If you are going to tackle Homophobia then Islam's Homophobia has to be tackled particlularly in area with high Muslim numbers .

If you got rid of Islamic homophobia in Britain you would be getting rid of a lot of homophobia .

Do not let Islam use Violent Intimidation to stop Homophobia . Islam uses Violent Intimidation to get its way . It works for Islam . Its why it does it .

Its pretty disgusting that you are using lgbt people and homophobia in your Islamophobic bigoted agenda to be honest.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

mad muffin wrote: »
    As the venerable Jeremy Clarkson has said

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/1136979651224657920

I think Khan is a slimy careerist little sh*t but the idea that he alone is to blame for the crime is simplistic and stupid to be blunt about it.

Crime occurs in a context of social factors. The Tory government has slashed police numbers to the point they’re ineffective. On top of that austerity has seen youth centres and initiatives and sports cut across the board. Schools are excluding record numbers of children because there are no more resources to help deal with them. Couple that with overcrowding and absent parents due to having to work long hours because pay is so low you have a recipe for disaster.

All of the above can’t be blamed of Sadiq Khan.

Catholics haven’t thrown gay people off buildings recently to the best of my knowledge . I am an atheist by the way .

If you got rid of Islamic Homophobia in Britain you would be getting rid of a lot of Homophobia in Britain.

Do not let Islam Intimidate you . Islam uses Violent Intimidation to get its way .

High Court orders have had to be used in Birmingham to keep Muslim Protestors from Intimidating staff at the school where they are teaching children extremely mild stuff about possibly having two mummies or daddies .

Do not roll over for Islamic intimidation . They will only use more of it to get more of their way .

Stop preaching at us. And stop using lgbt people to justify your bigoted islsmophobia.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Its pretty disgusting that you are using lgbt people and homophobia in your Islamophobic bigoted agenda to be honest.
    Why are you afraid of Islamic Violent intimidation ?

Show me the same amount of Homophobia from all of the other religions in Britain .

You are a physical coward . Afraid of the Violence of Islam . They will take your cowardice and give you more Violent Intimidation . It works on cowards .

Show me the same amount of Homophobia from all of the other religions in Britain .

You are a physical coward . Afraid of the Violence of Islam . They will take your cowardice and give you more Violent Intimidation . It works on cowards .

Your a dickhead.

Why are you using lgbt people to justify your bigoted islamophobia?

Terry Pratchet

Islam doesn't intimidate me you moron, not because I'm straight, but because it's not an issue. I've had more issues in my life caused by Catholicism.

No more than the same people who had an event in a Dublin library cancelled.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Stop preaching at us. And stop using lgbt people to justify your bigoted islsmophobia.

maybe you need to take a holiday , get a bit more woke ...

As at 5 April 2019, 14 countries or jurisdictions, all of which are Islamic and ruled by sharia, impose the death penalty for homosexuality. These include Afghanistan, Brunei, Iran, Mauritania, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen, the United Arab Emirates, parts of Nigeria, parts of Somalia, parts of Syria and parts of Iraq

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Stop preaching at us.

Pot meets kettle.

• Advertisement

Your running away from the Elephant in the Room .

A very large amount of the Homophobia in Britain is from the Islamic Community .

When that Elephant knocks you down then maybe you will have to face it .

Fingers in ears and fingers over eyes ain't going to cut it .

Islam is hugely homophobic . Just look at that School in Birmingham . High Court orders need stop Muslim Intimidating staff at a School teaching very mild stuff about two mummies and two daddies .

Don’t let Islam Intimidate you it will only encourage Violent Islamic Intimidation .

Advertisement