Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open racism is ok if it's for the progressive cause.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

Cordell wrote: »
    Not usually called that but that's exactly what they are legally speaking, at least until they get granted refugee status.

Legally speaking, you’re wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Cordell wrote:
    Not usually called that but that's exactly what they are legally speaking, at least until they get granted refugee status.

No they are not. Illegal immigrant is someone who comes to the country and hides. An asylum seeker announces their arrival to the authorities. They are NOT illegal and they now have a legal right to work as far as I remember.

Illegal immigrant and asylum seeker are two totally different things and are treated in different ways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No they are not. Illegal immigrant is someone who comes to the country and hides. An asylum seeker announces their arrival to the authorities. They are NOT illegal and they now have a legal right to work as far as I remember.

Illegal immigrant and asylum seeker are two totally different things and are treated in different ways.

Do you know what checks are in place to ensure asylum seekers are genuine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Cordell

They both enter the country illegally, an none goes into hiding, because no one is looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What am I supposed to be offended about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Illegal immigrant is someone who comes to the country and hides. An asylum seeker announces their arrival to the authorities.
    What if they only announce their arrival after somebody challenges them?
    Asylum seeker or illegal immigrant?

Like this guy, for example.

.Charlo wrote:
    Do you know what checks are in place to ensure asylum seekers are genuine ?

The mind Boggles. There is an entire
    Asylum seeking process does exactly that. It checks everything about their story. At the end of the process they are either granted asylum or sent home.

At no time during this process are they illegal immigrants

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yes, they are, they admitted their illegal entry and they are seeking for it to be rectified by obtaining refugee status. Or, if you really want to be pedantic about it, the legality of their immigration is currently under evaluation hence any enforcement on said illegal status is currently suspended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Remember they had that privelege walk at Trinity a few years ago organised by Lynn Ruane? Hilarious stuff.

Asylum seeking process does exactly that. It checks everything about their story. At the end of the process they are either granted asylum or sent home.

I am aware of that but that's not what I asked. If some fella comes from the back arse of Chad and claims to be seeking asylum because he is gay and being targeted in his country, how can that be verified with 100% certainty?

I'd say the answer is it cant be verified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Anyone in this country who uses the terms white privilege really needs to have a look at themselves and realise how unbelievably stupid it makes them look.

It's hard to blame people being literally driven insane by a media that relentlessly assaults reality with propaganada.

Take a look at this thread from Zack Goldberg. He did a search for particular terms on LexisNexis, a site that news articles going back to the 70's.

Look at the bizzare rise in the use of certian terms used by the 'intersectional crowd' in news articles over the last decade. There's nothing organic about it.

https://twitter.com/ZachG932/status/1133440945201061888

D7rMWZoW0AATUB4.png:large

What could possibly explain this? What's going on around 2010 leading to the explosion of articles written about woke crap?

Oh...

D8XDf90XoAEBU5S.jpg

The suspicion is that all this 'woke' nonsense is being driven by twitter blue checkmark activists.
    It's an astroturf campaign by a small mumber of people that's having a global impact. about 8% of twitter accounts make up the majority of the platforms traffic and their influence is driving a certian narrative very inorganically

• Registered Users Posts: 13,092 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

recedite wrote: »
    To be an asylum seeker, you'd have to fleeing some kind of political persecution wouldn't you?].

One would think so, yes.

Half the AS coming into Ireland are Asian men arriving from the UK.

Are they fleeing persecution?

The hundreds of Asian men who became bogus AS in Ireland, and then got involved in sham marriages - were they all fleeing persecution?

No, they were not. They are criminals, and illegal immigrants.

They are not genuine AS, they are not refugees.

They are criminals taking advantage of our soft, and very slow, AS process.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Diplometic immuniTEEEH:

13013-11055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,092 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Note that although many bogus AS are refused refugee status, correctly, as they are bogus, they are then allowed leave to remain in Ireland.

We are awful soft.

We reward bogus AS, by allowing them to remain, even though their application failed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

She describes herself as an intersectional feminist , whatever that means

She can’t get a man or a woman?

.Charlo wrote:
    I am aware of that but that's not what I asked. If some fella comes from the back arse of Chad and claims to be seeking asylum because he is gay and being targeted in his country, how can that be verified with 100% certainty?

When a FG TD brings a compensation claim against a business how can we be 100 percent certain its a genuine case. We aren't even 100 percent certain that everyone in Irish jails are guilty. No more than we are 100 percent certain that everyone aquitted is innocent. We do live in a world if 100 percent certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Naturally the Irish Independent proudly tells us that the illegal immigrant, Lesley Mkoko who hates white people was leading the charge. Hilarious!

I'm not seeing anything to show that Mkoko hates white people.

But he says he is a 50 year old engineer from Swaziland who left his family to go to Ireland by himself, and what he's doing here is getting a sociology degree from one of our universities (the fees are being paid by the state) and getting free bed and board (again paid for by the state), and he is complaining that if he had ever known what it was going to be like coming to Ireland he would never have come. This is mainly owing to the fact that he has to commute from Monaghan to Dublin, and doing so causes him to miss breakfast (though the university gives him free meals during the day). If Mkoko had been from neighboring South Africa he would have been hit with fees of about €30K a year.

There's a whole level of stupidity there that is difficult to comprehend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

If there's one thing the country is surely short of, it's folks with sociology degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wut? English please!

There is no mention of racism in the article
    There is no mention of illegal immigration in the article
    There is no mention of jobless protesters in the article

Can't dumb it down any furhter than that.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

.Charlo wrote: »
    londonw.png

What could be driving this.... wait, why does she look so .....familiar?

1b4caeffe55968bde4fa0f2bde74caa82759bfd7.jpg

Holy $h1t! was she a model for this baloon?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Why do they all have the same fringe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Odhinn

So (............) of lies.

There are far better ways to get a dig in at your favourite targets than trying to claim Trump is a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Sttttoopppppp with the fecking horrible meanness!!!!!! Resorting to people's looks is lame :mad:

Geuze wrote:
    Note that although many bogus AS are refused refugee status, correctly, as they are bogus, they are then allowed leave to remain in Ireland.

I'm not sure if this is true. They are usually held in Cloverhill prison (there is a dedicated wing there) until there is enough of them to deport. They are then accompanied by Gardai on the flight.

If they are allowed to stay (don't believe this activity happens ) then they still aren't illegal immigrants as the state allowed them to stay.

You throw the term bogus around very easily. If I apply for disability and I'm turned down that does not mean that my claim is was bogus.

Zorya wrote: »
    Resorting to people's looks is lame :mad:

Aye. Attack the argument...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Zorya wrote: »
    Sttttoopppppp with the fecking horrible meanness!!!!!! Resorting to people's looks is lame :mad:

So what would you say to those morons with their balloon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Any pics of all these gorgeous right-wing activists lads? Or does that not matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Aye. Attack the argument...

It's unfortunate that the level of debate was debased with publicity stunts like a giant baby hot air balloon effigy. But yeah, if you have nothing against someone other than the way they look you should probably keep your opinion to yourself, and if you do have something about their position that you object to, then you should focus on that instead.

Any pics of all these gorgeous right-wing activists lads? Or does that not matter?

Theres a few on the milkshake thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭tjhook

Der Stier wrote: »
    Just look at this fat disgusting pig of a woman at it ... it's all you need to know
    Some other beauts there too, jesus christ-they always look the same.
    I feel sorry for the kids there, imagine been brought to that to be brainwashed, utter lunatic parents.

Ah in fairness. I'd have little in common with those protestors, but I don't think personalising things achieves much. That woman doesn't look much like somebody who makes a career out of being outraged.

Her placard isn't the worst I've seen there, by a long shot. Some of them have personalised insults against Trump, and that's not on. But a call that he's "not above the law"? Whether or not one agrees, it's really not an insult.

Advertisement