Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee 2019 - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Does anybody know, if we get to stage 3, are all of the interviews conducted in Dublin?

Yes, they are all conducted at the Public Appointment Service in Dublin like stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheTinyGarda

job seeker wrote: »
    Yes! Failed stage 2 last year.

That sucks! Well done for trying again. Best of luck this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

sazxox wrote: »
    there is another stage 2 in October.

Hey, What makes you think it'll be October?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Hey, What makes you think it'll be October?

Hey,

there may be another one before that, its just someone on this was telling me he had to defer his stage two and they gave him a date in October :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

For anyone interested the Irish tests will be end of year or early next year if like me you have to take one. I didnt realise either that the fitness test isnt until after stage 3 after the PAS is finished with ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

That sucks! Well done for trying again. Best of luck this time!

Ah cheers! Ah sure look, these things happen you just gotta put it down to an experience...

Any good links for inductive reasoning practice tests etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nathancool

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    Any good links for inductive reasoning practice tests etc.

I just searched the app store and found a few similar kind of tests to practice

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Seanny91

Anybody know how many recruits they are taking in this year ? I heard 600 ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Hey Deano,

Is that the Irish proficiency test you’re talking about?

• Advertisement

Macu17ab wrote: »
    Hey Deano,

Is that the Irish proficiency test you’re talking about?

Hi, yes. I dont have 2 languages so have to do the test.

I’m in the same boat as yourself, where did you hear it was at the end of the year/early next year? When I asked a few months ago the Garda trainee info fella said it will be a few weeks after the last stages of interviews which I assumed would be around October/November.

According to last years boards thread, the Irish proficiency test took place in early October too.

Hi, yes. I dont have 2 languages so have to do the test.

What's this? If you don't have two languages you can still apply but you must do a Irish language test?

Haven’t you read the requirements?

Haven’t you read the requirements?

Not this part, no. I'm fluent in 3 languages, so I didn't go into these details. x

Handy, you have your pick of languages to read the requirements in 😉

Handy, you have your pick of languages to read the requirements in 😉

And other than learning a second language you should learn some manners. Is this how you're going to treat people when you're a Garda and people approach you for help?

Now go back under your bridge!

You didn’t take that joke particularly well, I’d think being overly sensitive to strangers comments would be a more detrimental trait as a Garda.

https://www.garda.ie/en/Careers/Why-should-I-join-An-Garda-Siochana-/What-are-the-educational-requirements-.html

Here you go, good luck!

What's this? If you don't have two languages you can still apply but you must do a Irish language test?

Hi, yes but they only offer a test in English or Irish. I didn't realise this for years so never bothered applying.

I’m in the same boat as yourself, where did you hear it was at the end of the year/early next year? When I asked a few months ago the Garda trainee info fella said it will be a few weeks after the last stages of interviews which I assumed would be around October/November.

According to last years boards thread, the Irish proficiency test took place in early October too.

Hi
    I emailed pas and she said
    "Assessment will be offered to candidates that are successful at Stage 3. Irish Assessments are generally held at the end of the campaign but this may change as the campaign progresses, currently these may be held towards the end of the year or early next year."
    So yeah looks like possibly Oct or Nov.

• Advertisement

Hi
    I emailed pas and she said
    "Assessment will be offered to candidates that are successful at Stage 3. Irish Assessments are generally held at the end of the campaign but this may change as the campaign progresses, currently these may be held towards the end of the year or early next year."
    So yeah looks like possibly Oct or Nov.

Thanks, good to know.

It looks like it could go either way - and considering they’d be calling people for stage 3 at different times depending on their ranking maybe there are also different months for the PAS Irish test since it takes place after the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 toconn123

Hi, how long does stage two last? I’m undertaking stage 2 tomorrow at 11:30 and was wondering what time will I be finished? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

toconn123 wrote: »
    Hi, how long does stage two last? I’m undertaking stage 2 tomorrow at 11:30 and was wondering what time will I be finished? Thanks.

The information pack you received will outline rough times.
    Think it is at least 2 and a half hours all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Anyone else here complete stage 2 yet? What did you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Anyone else here complete stage 2 yet? What did you think of it?

If I remember when I sat it two years ago. It was 2hrs or so . Not a whole day thing mate. Can I ask what OOM your nearest to so we can all understand how fast it’s moving

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    If I remember when I sat it two years ago. It was 2hrs or so . Not a whole day thing mate. Can I ask what OOM your nearest to so we can all understand how fast it’s moving

I have stage 2 done, I’m mid 700’s OOM

I have stage 2 done, I’m mid 700’s OOM

How was it? Im next Monday!

How was it? Im next Monday!

I think it was grand, I found report writing much easier than the ones I bought from GardaIP. I feel pretty confident I passed but saying that I could be totally wrong!

I think it was grand, I found report writing much easier than the ones I bought from GardaIP. I feel pretty confident I passed but saying that I could be totally wrong!

Oh thats good cause I am practicing off his ones aswell.

Any tricky questions do ya recall in the job simulation?

• Advertisement

Oh thats good cause I am practicing off his ones aswell.

Any tricky questions do ya recall in the job simulation?

We had to sign a non disclosure before doing the test, so I wouldn’t be allowed to talk about questions that came up on the test unfortunately.

Advertisement