Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee 2019 - Stage 2

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Has anyone who received S2 results in October received an interview date yet?

I'm well down the list at ~1200 I'm not expecting to get called any time soon but some people with very low OOMs could have by now

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Xtinab

From reading another forum it appears that people with an OOM number of 680 has their interviews last week so stay positive it may be sooner than you think. I am 1100 and I will post when I hear anything but Im guessing it will be mid January-early Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Invites for stage 3 are out guys :) I’ve an oom of 1146 if this helps anyone where they are on the numbers. Can anyone tell me if I need to get original certs for plc level 5 and 6 if they’re only a component award

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Triplek wrote: »
    Invites for stage 3 are out guys :) I’ve an oom of 1146 if this helps anyone where they are on the numbers. Can anyone tell me if I need to get original certs for plc level 5 and 6 if they’re only a component award

rats :pac: im in the 1200 musta just missed out, did you get mailed your familiarization pack? seeing as they arent a required base cert, i imagine photocopies would be suffice, unless they are certs showing your irish standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 caoimhe1234

Is your interview this year or early next year ? ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Just missed the boat this time, my ooms in the 1200swhen are the interviews taking place?

Yous will be called very soon I’d imagine considering my oom. Really didn’t think I’d be hearing till after Christmas for an interview date. Dates given this time around are for the 9-12th of December :)

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    rats :pac: im in the 1200 musta just missed out, did you get mailed your familiarization pack? seeing as they arent a required base cert, i imagine photocopies would be suffice, unless they are certs showing your irish standard.
    No information given just an email for booking.
    I have my leaving cert official certificate. Just my highest academic qualification would be the level 6 so I’m just unsure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

No information given just an email for booking.
    I have my leaving cert official certificate. Just my highest academic qualification would be the level 6 so I’m just unsure

your aswel bring the originals if you have them as you will get them returned after, with your original birth cert, best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

I’m in the low 1200, can’t remember exact figure but when do you expect us to be called? I booked the prep course with Garda IP but I’m in cork so travelling to Dublin for it very near to Xmas. Would I get away with doing it after Christmas because it’s a lot of money ajd travel expenses to travel up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

I’m in the low 1200, can’t remember exact figure but when do you expect us to be called? I booked the prep course with Garda IP but I’m in cork so travelling to Dublin for it very near to Xmas. Would I get away with doing it after Christmas because it’s a lot of money ajd travel expenses to travel up!

I'm in the UK and did a skype meeting with Noel-John. Seemed to work just as well...might be an option?

I'm in the UK and did a skype meeting with Noel-John. Seemed to work just as well...might be an option?

Didn’t even know you could do that! Will Defo look into it thanks. Would rather it be after Christmas all the sake of time allowed because it would be fresher!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Didn’t even know you could do that! Will Defo look into it thanks. Would rather it be after Christmas all the sake of time allowed because it would be fresher!

I managed to book in the week before but he is busy so maybe drop him a line and ask his availability?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 xXxshoshxXx

Shaunie86 wrote: »
    Absolutely heartbroken today. Got 37 on Job Simulation and passed the other 3.. It was probably my last chance at 33... 51 on report writing and was least confident about that!! Good luck to all who got through.

I got 64 in report writing and 38 in job simulation so failed aswell. I’m pretty sure there will be another opening in 2020 so don’t lose hope

Has anyone heard of a Mary del roe in tipp for prep courses??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShaunaN246

Has anyone heard of a Mary del roe in tipp for prep courses??

I did my interview Prep with her. Couldn’t fault her she knew exactly what she was talking about and even asked me back down for a second one cause she knew how nervous I was. Passed with flying colours for my interview in September☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

I done my interview prep with Noel McLaughlin (Garda IP), he was brilliant, couldnt reccomend enough!! And got my offer yesterday also, starting in Jan!! Prob wouldnt have passed only for him!
    0872508958 is his number if anyone wants it - he is based North Dublin! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

sazxox wrote: »
    I done my interview prep with Noel McLaughlin (Garda IP), he was brilliant, couldnt reccomend enough!! And got my offer yesterday also, starting in Jan!! Prob wouldnt have passed only for him!

I have actually done my prep course with Noel.
    He is well worth travelling across country for. He’ll prepare you the best way possible and tailor the session so you give the best interview that you possibly can give.

I’m sure there’s many great people in the business but going by my experience and that of others I know - he’s top notch!

sazxox wrote: »

Well done!

ShaunaN246 wrote: »
    I did my interview Prep with her. Couldn’t fault her she knew exactly what she was talking about and even asked me back down for a second one cause she knew how nervous I was. Passed with flying colours for my interview in September☺️

Who is she? Is she a retired Garda or what’s her story? Just got her number so am debating her! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

I do prep work, based in the limerick city area. PM for details.

Is formal clothes ok for stage 3 interview for a girl or does it have to be suit pants with white shirt? Would a suit pants with a good top be ok? What did others wear?

I had my interview last Tuesday.. does anyone know when the results will be out ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

I had my interview last Tuesday.. does anyone know when the results will be out ? :)

They say within a month, but it's generally faster than that. I had mine in only two or three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SazO997

Does anyone know how long it usually would take after the interview if you were to progress onto the fitness & medical just to have an idea? :)

How did you find interview? I had mine this week as well

How did you find interview? I had mine this week as well

I found it quite tough now... how did you find yours ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

SazO997 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it usually would take after the interview if you were to progress onto the fitness & medical just to have an idea? :)

I did my interview in the first week of October, had my result by the 9th. Got my GP clearance form on the 24th of October. I got an email on 06/11 telling me that my date for the PCT would be 06/12 and then got another email on the 25/11 telling me that if I were successful with my PCT, I would need to attend the medical on either the 11th or 12th of December.

Mine move pretty fast compared to the first campaign I was a part of.

I found it quite tough now... how did you find yours ?

Found it tough as well, found first two people ok then when the sergeant wS asking things felt like he kept pushing!!! Felt like I messed it up at the end :(

• Advertisement

Hi, on Monday I received an email saying if past my recent interview and name was being passed on and my order of merit number. Today I’m after getting a message saying that it was an error and I in fact didn’t pass. Has this ever happened anyone before? I’m devastated by it.

Advertisement