Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee 2019 - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

What is the place number about?

Places on offer?

I got between 250 - 300

I have stage 2 in 2 weeks

Got a message in Irish today

Will have to scrub on that, not a clue what it says :)

Garda faoi Oiliúint 2019 – Ord Fiúntas

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

You got a message off Public jobs in irish or off who?

sazxox wrote: »
    You got a message off Public jobs in irish or off who?

On public jobs

I never got that msg.. strange

I never got that msg.. strange

You'll probably get later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

do you remember how many report samples they had?

From memory I think there was 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Mike9832 wrote: »

Places on offer?

I got between 250 - 300

Eh, are you sure you didn't apply via the Irish language route?

Eh, are you sure you didn't apply via the Irish language route?

Did you get a msg from them too?

Does anyone know if you can’t attend stage two, can you get it changed to a different week?

A lot of people off in the next few weeks at work and I’d be deviated if I couldn’t attend the second stage! Just not sure if I’ll get to book the day off!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

job seeker wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can’t attend stage two, can you get it changed to a different week?

A lot of people off in the next few weeks at work and I’d be deviated if I couldn’t attend the second stage! Just not sure if I’ll get to book the day off!

Pull a sicky...sorted! ;)

• Advertisement

SquireD wrote: »

That wouldn’t be my style to be honest! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I thought honesty would be a requisite for anyone wishing to be a police officer. You are advocating stealing a days service from your employer. Maybe society would be better off if you stayed where you are

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Edgware wrote: »
    I thought honesty would be a requisite for anyone wishing to be a police officer. You are advocating stealing a days service from your employer. Maybe society would be better off if you stayed where you are

Talk about being up on your high horse. If my employer was refusing to give me time off to do the stage 2 test I’d have no problem pulling a sickie. I wouldn’t allow something like that to potentially cost me a career in the gardai.

Ah don't worry folks! I will work something out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheTinyGarda

Ah don't worry folks! I will work something out! :)

Maybe call PAS and ask if you can postpone it for a few days? :)

there is another stage 2 in October.

Talk about being up on your high horse. If my employer was refusing to give me time off to do the stage 2 test I’d have no problem pulling a sickie. I wouldn’t allow something like that to potentially cost me a career in the gardai.
    The ends justifies the means? Thats the attitude that has ****ed up a lot of Garda careers.

The ends justifies the means? Thats the attitude that has ****ed up a lot of Garda careers.

Well if I asked my boss for the day off to go and do my stage 2 test and he refused, I wouldn’t just say “ah well, I guess I’ll just abandon my dreams of being a guard”. Ridiculous.

Well if I asked my boss for the day off to go and do my stage 2 test and he refused, I wouldn’t just say “ah well, I guess I’ll just abandon my dreams of being a guard”. Ridiculous.
    So you be dishonest and pretend you are sick. It all depends what standards you want to live by.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Get over yourself will ya! Who's to say this person wont get the opportunity to apply again and this might be the career they have always wanted and due to bad timing it could be taken away from them???
    No, i think society would be better off if those without a lack of cop on stayed where they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 SrcmabdleGegs

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Lol

Lol x2

Get over yourself will ya! Who's to say this person wont get the opportunity to apply again and this might be the career they have always wanted and due to bad timing it could be taken away from them???
    No, i think society would be better off if those without a lack of cop on stayed where they were.

Telling lies to get a job which requires honesty and
    integrity. That's a great start.

Ah here lads let's go back practicing and giving each other good tips, will we? x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

10/10 trolling by Edgware

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lotrail

Mike9832 wrote: »

Places on offer?

I got between 250 - 300

So I applied for the Fluent Irish stream & the email I received was in Irish so I wonder did you apply for that stream?

Also do ye think the rankings are based on two different streams or all on the one list?
    I'm quite surprised by the number I received & I'm wondering is it based on Fluent Irish speaker applicants only?

Anyway Congrats everyone :)

That’s kinda what I was originally asking! I was thinking that this situation has surely occurred for someone else here! :) I’ve not been called yet anyway yet! So I’ll have to be called first! Cheers!
    there is another stage 2 in October.

I was in the 2000’s last year! It took approximately 1 month to be called for stage two.

This year I’m approximately 1500. So surely I’ll be about a month? Similar too last year?

I was in the 2000’s last year! It took approximately 1 month to be called for stage two.

So is this your second time applying? Did you fail at a later stage on last year's campaign?

I also thought second batch would be called in August or so. Wonder why they're pushing it to October now?

So is this your second time applying? Did you fail at a later stage on last year's campaign?

I also thought second batch would be called in August or so. Wonder why they're pushing it to October now?

Yes! Failed stage 2 last year.

That’s what I assumed, however you never know how these things may work! I guess we just gotta take it as it comes!

• Advertisement

Does anybody know, if we get to stage 3, are all of the interviews conducted in Dublin?

Advertisement