Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee 2019 - Stage 2

Options
  • 06-06-2019 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

So results are out , congratulations to the first 900’s who’s reach into the first batch. Secondly, for those who’s passed after 900’s-2000’s there’s still hope. Don’t give up! It’s be great for everyone who’s on stage 2 to join & keep everyone updated & posted..

Kind regards!🀫

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dave143

Congrats everyone! Waiting now to hear about the career services course for stage 2. I guess the good thing about the re-test part is hopefully it will be easier to improve on results since the format was a bit out of the blue..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Hello there, is there still a chance for people outside the 950 to get a call to the stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

@DeclanW1999 Likewise, I'm interested to know. I was placed around the 1400 mark. Devastated initially and now cant figure out the likelihood of them going that far down the list. I know there's next year but I'll be cutting it tight with the age limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Everyone will get called in time.

They will call more people at a later stage as needed. The further down the list you are the longer it will prob take. One year i was oop in 2000s and took a year to be called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

I placed in the top 100 candidates, everyone will be called who passed, well done all

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

The dropout rate is alot higher than you think

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

@daniel1390 well done..that's impressive. I live in the UK and was very naive thinking I'd manage without a prep course...I've learned my lesson for stage 2! Sorry OP for hogging your thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee27

OOM number is your starting number last 3 years going though stages it can change last year stage 1 I was 3039 2 months later I had stage 2 my OOM number changed to 1892 stage 3 my interview my OOM number was 532 in the 3 stages alot drop out and some do not pass congrats to the people getting above the 900 mark as for the rest honest it moves alot faster then you think

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheTinyGarda

Well, congratulations to us all!

So what's the plan now? How're yous going to practice for Stage 2? Are yous considering doing any preparation courses after some were disappointed with the courses provided for Stage 1 that had nothing to do with the real test?

Perhaps Career Services or GardaIP have a better idea now of the test structure and will be able to provide a better service this time around?

I wanna practice like there's no tomorrow, but I honestly don't know where to start!

• Advertisement

Well, congratulations to us all!

So what's the plan now? How're yous going to practice for Stage 2? Are yous considering doing any preparation courses after some were disappointed with the courses provided for Stage 1 that had nothing to do with the real test?

Perhaps Career Services or GardaIP have a better idea now of the test structure and will be able to provide a better service this time around?

I wanna practice like there's no tomorrow, but I honestly don't know where to start!

I think career services should have alot better handle on it this time and although they got a bit caught out still big help. wouldnt have done half as well without them. On their site it says info about stage 2 course will be posted very soon so im waiting for that

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

dave143 wrote: »
    I think career services should have alot better handle on it this time and although they got a bit caught out still big help. wouldnt have done half as well without them. On their site it says info about stage 2 course will be posted very soon so im waiting for that

Yea i found their course beneficial but felt they were a but slow to update their content when we knew what was coming up in Stage 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucymangoo96

I really wanted to do a career services course but after hearing how far off the mark they were last stage I'm not sure if I want to fork out a load of money for something that won't help!

Is everyone else going to do one?

I got OOM of late 200's so fancy my chances without the course but don't want to take any risks either..

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

I bought Noel McLoughlins one last night, its quite good! also have the stage 1 career services so will go between the both! Not doing the day course this time! Noel is also very helpful, hes on LinkedIn if anyone wants to ask him questions etc..

I really wanted to do a career services course but after hearing how far off the mark they were last stage I'm not sure if I want to fork out a load of money for something that won't help!

Is everyone else going to do one?

I got OOM of late 200's so fancy my chances without the course but don't want to take any risks either..

I'm the exact same! I didn't use CS for Stage 1, and I was glad I didn't when people started saying how it looked so different from the real test. But now I think that they probably have a much better idea and will probably provide something closer to the actual test.

I think I could do with their advice also...

But yeah... moneys tho! :( I'm confused, but must decide what to do asap.

Same as that - I'm just looking at theirs and Noel McLouglin's courses now and they're only €100 (online one) which isnt too bad!
    Am not worried about the first part of the test because I've already done well on them but the report writing has me bricking it!

Same as that - I'm just looking at theirs and Noel McLouglin's courses now and they're only €100 (online one) which isnt too bad!
    Am not worried about the first part of the test because I've already done well on them but the report writing has me bricking it!

Noels Report writing is good on it I think anyways, and also when my BF was doing it he used Noel for everything and flew through the stages.. :)

When have you your stage 2 booked for ? :)

Think I will go for Noel actually - he has more hours available than CS!

Booked in for the 4th July at 8.30am, I would've went earlier but have a mental week in work the week before and no chance of getting time off - what about yourself?

Yeah I noticed that too!

Ahh okay very good, booked in for the 1st at 11:30 :)

Looking at career services stage 2 courses now. Only in cork and dublin. Im in galway Prob stick to online course. Might have a look at noels if people are recommending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 xXxshoshxXx

I know you guys are the first batch that scored under 947 and going into stage 2 soon. Would it be worth my while going to Noel now and booking him in or will I wait until I get called for my round of stage 2? Can you also tell me where he's based for his course for stage 2 please

I know you guys are the first batch that scored under 947 and going into stage 2 soon. Would it be worth my while going to Noel now and booking him in or will I wait until I get called for my round of stage 2? Can you also tell me where he's based for his course for stage 2 please

I'd start practicing asap as you might be called for stage 2 in a few months. See the bright side of not being in the 900's: You got more time to practice for stage 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee27

Looking at career services stage 2 courses now. Only in cork and dublin. Im in galway Prob stick to online course. Might have a look at noels if people are recommending

Who's noel ?

Deedee27 wrote: »
    Who's noel ?

https://www.gardaip.com/

Career service offering discount for those who took stage 1 also

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Hey guys congrats passing stage 1! Just wondering does anyone have any advice for the report writing? What should we expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You'll be shown a video of a scenario, make sure you get names, addresses, phone numbers, car reg's, DOB's. Take notes on the scrap paper they give you of that stuff then turn it into a narrative form in the booklet.

Structure it as arrival at scene, who you are and you colleague...what time you arrived and callsign of car if applicable, then who you spoke to...name dob, phone number, what they saw, time they saw it etc. Description of offender etc then round it off with 'upon my return to the station I wrote up my report' or such.

hey guys has any1 bought stage 2 career services and if so how may reports is there and is there an audio? theres 6 reports on Garda IP but would like a few more to practice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

https://www.gardaip.com/

Career service offering discount for those who took stage 1 also

I went with career services last year and thought it was pretty good! I'm considering going with Garda IP just for a change this time! Despite, the discount for career services. Having said all that, I think it's all a much of a muchness! IMO!

job seeker wrote: »
    I went with career services last year and thought it was pretty good! I'm considering going with Garda IP just for a change this time! Despite, the discount for career services. Having said all that, I think it's all a much of a muchness! IMO!

If i thought garda ip had more of the non verbals i would try them for change. But i might just stick with career services i was really happy with my result from them so i guess stick with a winning formula

• Advertisement

job seeker wrote: »

do you remember how many report samples they had?

Advertisement