Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Moderation of boards as a whole.

1456810

Comments



  • pjohnson wrote: »
    I dont believe that was the actual reason.....


    So what was the actual reason? Can you post it for me thanks. This is the reason cited by Beasty in that thread.

    It seems you and everyone who thanked your post have a problem interpreting words. I've noticed before though, so don't worry.
    Beasty wrote: »
    Kimsang

    You've already been warned about commenting about moderation in this thread

    Do not post in this thread again

    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111099768&postcount=3845




  • Kimsang wrote: »
    So what was the actual reason? Can you post it for me thanks. This is the reason cited by Beasty in that thread.

    It seems you and everyone who thanked your post have a problem interpreting words. I've noticed before though, so don't worry.



    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111099768&postcount=3845

    You Said
    Kimsang wrote: »
    Since this I have been thread-banned from Gemma thread for defending people's rights not to be called a racist without proof. I hope you're proud of yourselves guys. Enjoy your silence.


    The Admin said
    Beasty wrote: »
    Kimsang

    You've already been warned about commenting about moderation in this thread

    Do not post in this thread again

    It would appear to anyone able to read that what you say got you banned isnt what actually got you banned. Its right there in the thread hell you even quoted it.
    You really should bring up interpreting words in your post if you are going to keep making up lies to play victim.


    Can you find me the quote where Beasty said "You are banned for defending people's rights not to be called a racist without proof."




  • The reason was for commenting on the moderation of the thread as cited by beasty.

    I was commenting on the fact that moderators were allowing people to call other people racists without proof.

    But it seems you are one of the people that wants this to continue. Go you.




  • Kimsang wrote: »
    The reason was for commenting on the moderation of the thread as cited by beasty.

    I was commenting on the fact that moderators were allowing people to call other people racists without proof.

    But it seems you are one of the people that wants this to continue. Go you.

    The subject of what you were commenting on is irrelevant. The rule is, don't argue with moderation on thread. Take it to PM, report the post, go to feedback, but don't derail the thread by trying to start a debate on thread with a moderator about who said what and what your grievances are. That is not the topic of the thread.

    Its a simple enough rule and it is held to all over Boards as otherwise the entire site would become a variation of a feedback thread and the topics lost.




  • looksee wrote: »
    The subject of what you were commenting on is irrelevant. The rule is, don't argue with moderation on thread. Take it to PM, report the post, go to feedback, but don't derail the thread by trying to start a debate on thread with a moderator about who said what and what your grievances are. That is not the topic of the thread.

    Its a simple enough rule and it is held to all over Boards as otherwise the entire site would become a variation of a feedback thread and the topics lost.

    It's completely relevant. If boards admits it will allow users to call each other racist without proof, then I will stop using boards. See perfectly relevant to me. In fact, iBecause that would mean it has zero integrity. This perfectly pertains to moderation on boards as a whole, as I've now seen in other threads people being callled racist without proof. You think it will stop at racist? Ha, that is naive.

    So to shut me up, just admit it once, from someone of authority within boards, and you will never see me again, and never have trouble from me.

    Or do the right thing and stop allowing people to call each other such vile and disgusting words without proof. Or are you Looksee another who wants this to continue?

    Boards never so blatantly breaks its owns rules showing such little integrity as in this fashion. Only once previous have I felt the need to comment about moderation of a thread(when skyline threadbanned another poster for not being able to disprove a negative-funny eh?) Beasty made a decision on that case too.

    So yes it matters why the moderation is being commented on. To you maybe not, but the banality of evil is subservient.

    Remember what you're arguing against here Looksee, you want people to be allowed to be called racists without proof?

    Funny that no-one had on opinion about people calling other's racist, and still don't.
    But the woke crowd are in force looking for suppression of opinion because it's 'against the rules'.


  • Advertisement


  • The poster you’re rushing to defend said himself he was a racist.




  • The poster you’re rushing to defend said himself he was a racist.
    Overheal wrote: »
    Feedback is that way ->

    Stephen15 can come back and speak for himself.

    See previous posts on the thread for expanded context thanks. Or I will spoonfeed you on the weekend as I previously agreed to.
    Odhinn wrote: »
    He says his views are racist. Talk to him.


    This is exactly the kind of **** in the Gemma thread that just boils my blood. I'm half Asian and I grew up in a poor estate in Ireland and I know all about racism.

    So if anyone wants to infer I'm a **** poster can go **** themselves.

    When in actuality he admitted this:
    Stephen15 wrote: »
    I made a tongue in cheek gesture to make rhe point that the term racist is being thrown around like confetti at anything and everything. Having issues with immigration does not make one a racist. Some people don't like cold hard facts that don't show immigration in a positive light.

    I have no problem with people of other skin colours living in Ireland as long as they enter legally through a path of controlled immigration. I don't have an issue with induvidual Muslims but yes I do have an issue with Islam as I believe it is a barbaric, medieval ideology which views women as second class citizens. In fact when you talk about hate crimes I think that Islam is fairly hate filled ideology which promotes a toxic hate filled rhetoric which incites hate groups like ISIS, Al-Queda and Boko Haram.

    Criticising Islam is not racist as Islam for a start is not a race. If criticising Islam is racist then so too is criticising Christianity, Judaism, Facism, Communism etc. racist.
    i
    Where did he say he was a racist? You can no longer say "in the thread" here ****poster.
    Stephen is a racist, as are other people on this thread. That's a fact.
    pjohnson wrote: »
    In the thread.
    cookie1977 wrote: »
    (Or evidenced in this thread)
    Overheal wrote: »
    Again it’s in this thread,
    Overheal wrote: »
    It is demonstrably true, you just have to get the thumb out and read the thread, it’s bad manners to jump late into a thread and be this obtuse about it.
    He has echoed it numerous times across multiple threads. Proof enough?

    He only included white countries in his definition of "first world". Prood enough?
    In fact you have been provided with numerous examples in this thread of his racism and bigotry.
    cookie1977 wrote: »
    Go read the whole thread.
    Overheal wrote: »
    It’s in the thread.
    DubInMeath wrote: »
    You have a habit of ignoring parts of posts that don't suit you and can't seem to use the site search functions. But of course if you share Stephen's beliefs your not going to disagree with them, rather posts like a five year old having a tantrum.
    DubInMeath wrote: »
    Not up to me to do your work for you kid


    Hilarious is an understatement. You really got a funny thing going in this thread "Its' in the thread" But it won't work here.

    Put up or shut up for **** sake.




  • Kimsang wrote: »
    This is exactly the kind of **** in the Gemma thread that just boils my blood. I'm half Asian and I grew up in a poor estate in Ireland and I know all about racism.

    So if anyone wants to infer I'm a **** poster can go **** themselves.

    When in actuality he admitted this:

    i
    Where did he say he was a racist? You can no longer say "in the thread" here you ****poster.

    You lost an ally for your frankly bizarre right wing views. I get that. But I don’t care. Go for an aul walk there. Lovely fresh breeze out and it’s warm. Good luck.




  • Kimsang wrote: »
    This is exactly the kind of **** in the Gemma thread that just boils my blood. I'm half Asian and I grew up in a poor estate in Ireland and I know all about racism.

    So if anyone wants to infer I'm a **** poster can go **** themselves.

    When in actuality he admitted this:

    i
    Where did he say he was a racist? You can no longer say "in the thread" here you ****poster.

    You lost an ally for your frankly bizarre right wing views. I get that. But I don’t care. Go for an aul walk there. Lovely fresh breeze out and it’s warm. Good luck. * it’ll do you good




  • You lost an ally for your frankly bizarre right wing views. I get that. But I don’t care. Go for an aul walk there. Lovely fresh breeze out and it’s warm. Good luck. * it’ll do you good

    Again a poster just shows up to say its in the thread without citing anything. Keep playing the funny game its hilarious. Or would you rather to advance the conversation/topic by posting where he admits he's a racist.

    Put up or shut up.


    No, better put the onus on Kimsang to disprove a negative. That'll get him!


  • Advertisement


  • Kimsang wrote: »
    Again a poster just shows up to say its in the thread without citing anything. Keep playing the funny game its hilarious. Or would you rather to advance the conversation/topic by posting where he admits he's a racist.

    Put up or shut up.


    He's stated many times that he does not mind being called a racist, that it's just a word.




  • Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He's stated many times that he does not mind being called a racist, that it's just a word.

    I have seen him post that if people call him racist enough it loses meaning. I have never seen him say he doesn't mind being called a racist, if he has says this could you please post it up, this would be enough for me to stop my complaint.




  • Are you defending him pro bono? Did he lodge his own appeal and it failed?
    This is all a bit bizarre if you’ll forgive me for saying
    There’s loads of forums out there for the kind of hateful views and right wing wackery where it’s acceptable and even expected.
    This isn’t one of them and there are community standards in place the guy you’re defending ignored.
    That’s not hard to understand. You fighting a ridiculous defense of him really is hard to understand though.




  • Kimsang wrote: »
    It's completely relevant.

    Except its not......how many staff need to tell you not to question moderators/adminstrators in public?


    THAT's what got you banned. You seem capable of realising that much. The other waffle you spout is meaningless and after the fact.




  • Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

    Kimsang, this thread is a prime example of the circular arguments and whataboutery that you regularly accuse other posters of, and the attitude expressed in your previous few posts isn't helping. I don't know definitively if Stephen15 is a racist. What I do know is that Stephen15 is happy to use the fact that he's considered a racist to espouse borderline (and sometimes blatant) racist viewpoints, and then argue the opposite is true when it happens to work against him. That's evident in multiple posts across oh so many threads and he's serving a one month siteban at the moment for precisely those reasons.

    The 'official' reason for your threadban was questioning a mod instruction (which was a rhetorical question as I'm sure you know, and not an invitation to drag the thread off on your own tangent yet again), but as Beasty pointed out to you elsewhere, there were multiple reasons to ask you not to post - disruptive posting, repeatedly banging the same old drum and dragging the thread off-topic and so on. The threadban remains in place - that's a final admin decision on the matter - and if you continue in this thread with the same attitude towards posters expressed above, I fear another threadban is imminent.




  • mike_ie wrote: »
    Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

    Kimsang, this thread is a prime example of the circular arguments and whataboutery that you regularly accuse other posters of, and the attitude expressed in your previous few posts isn't helping. I don't know definitively if Stephen15 is a racist. What I do know is that Stephen15 is happy to use the fact that he's considered a racist to espouse borderline (and sometimes) blatant racist viewpoints, and then argue the opposite is true when it happens to work against him. That's evident in multiple posts across oh so many threads and he's serving a one month siteban at the moment for precisely those reasons.

    My circular arguments?
    Correct me where I'm wrong here.

    Mod note #8 in Gemma thread claims Stephen is a racist and refer to mod note where he admits this.
    This refers to a post where Stephen says something tongue-in-cheek which clearly can't be taken literally. Yet everyone is taking it literally.
    Mod note mentions that they have been inundated with reports about this post(Stop reporting this post please)
    Hardly a surprise Stephen, as like her, you're a racist.

    Mod: Please stop reporting this post. Stephen15 has admitted he is a racist.

    I question the integrity of the people that choose to take this statement as anything other than tongue in cheek.
    Everyone I question that calls Stephen a racist tells me, its in the thread.
    Not once has someone posted up something to confirm of Stephen's 'racism'.

    And yet it is me that is perpetuating this circular argument. ME! HA! That's a good one. Hilarious.

    And in no way was that a rhetorical question that the mod asked me. It had a very real answer that was easily implemented. Rhetorical questions don't have answers.....
    Mr E wrote: »
    Mod: @Kimsang: what do you want the mods to do? Go through 3766 posts to prove or disprove?

    I replied with
    Kimsang wrote: »
    I would like to see this post removed:

    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110492920&postcount=8

    As well as future implications of 'racist' best sanctioned by mods unless the poster who makes the claim can supply evidence and quote what definition of racist they are using.


    IS THAT NOT A FAIR AND HONORABLE REQUEST???????




  • Jesus christ how can someone not understand.




  • Kimsang

    It is quite clear you will not pay any attention to anything that is said to you. This forum is for discussion of site-wide issues and not your personal gripes

    Do not post in this thread again




  • Beasty wrote: »
    Kimsang

    It is quite clear you will not pay any attention to anything that is said to you. This forum is for discussion of site-wide issues and not your personal gripes

    Do not post in this thread again

    Was he banned in the end?

    A few more gone recently too. A crackdown?


  • Advertisement


  • Blueshoe wrote: »
    Was he banned in the end?

    A few more gone recently too. A crackdown?

    How many warnings should they get? Blatantly breaking rules and ignoring warnings has always got you banned/infracted on boards but all of a sudden the right wing posters think there is an agenda or conspiracy against them.




  • How many warnings should they get? Blatantly breaking rules and ignoring warnings has always got you banned/infracted on boards but all of a sudden the right wing posters think there is an agenda or conspiracy against them.

    I didn't see any infractions or warnings. I don't see everything.

    There are a falling number of"right wing " posters anyway. That's one thing for sure. Many of the common ones have vanished. Must have all been red carded or left.

    They must have been posting bad things. Pro Nazi kind of stuff.
    Was that the case?




  • Blueshoe wrote: »
    I didn't see any infractions or warnings. I don't see everything.

    There are a falling number of"right wing " posters anyway. That's one thing for sure. Many of the common ones have vanished. Must have all been red carded or left.

    They must have been posting bad things. Pro Nazi kind of stuff.
    Was that the case?

    Yet you went straight to asking
    A crackdown




  • Listen the threshold for unacceptable posts isn't "must have been posting pro nazi kind of stuff."

    Thankfully.




  • Yet you went straight to asking

    You left out the ?

    Also you ignored my questions. Also you are not a mod. Thanks




  • Blueshoe wrote: »
    You left out the ?

    Also you ignored my questions. Also you are not a mod. Thanks

    Anyone can post in this thread, seeing as you were a prolific thanker of that posters views I'm pretty sure you know exactly why they were banned.




  • Anyone can post in this thread, seeing as you were a prolific thanker of that posters views I'm pretty sure you know exactly why they were banned.

    I don't. That's why I asked.
    If you don't know just say so . Thanks.

    Can you link the post please?




  • Blueshoe wrote: »
    I don't. That's why I asked.
    If you don't know just say so . Thanks.

    I do know, and i suspect you do too.




  • I do know, and i suspect you do too.

    Link it.

    Scratch that. I went back a page or two. I can see why he was banned.


  • Advertisement


  • Blueshoe wrote: »
    Link it

    Link what?


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement