Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

techdiver wrote: »
    It's one thing having bad weather. It's the useless forecasting that annoys me the most. You can't rely on it. Example: yesterday I checked the forecast for Thursday and it said no rain zilch! I checked again an hour ago and it's to be a washout. Not just an isolated shower. Just constant rain. How can met eireann be so off?

I find accuweather better than met for forecasts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Heavy shower passed at 230pm. Dublin 2. Blue skies again.

Wednesday's forecast looks like brutal band of rain. Hopefully not during daytime hours for outdoor activities?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Quite pleasant here in the northeast plenty of sunshine not as many passing showers as previous days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

crap day here in Meath, there are some spells of sunshine but alot of heavy frequent showers making doing anything outside a no go. Also feeling cool with temperatures hovering around 16C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

So is the good spell due in around Friday?
    It has been an awful few days in the west. The showers are so frequent and heavy.

I'd love to know how much rain fell in the galway area last Saturday week. It was an awful day. It must have been over 50mm of rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Currently in Swords....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I’m in lovely scorching heat right now but my friend just told me she got soaked on the way to St Stephens green at lunch. RTÉ says high of 15 tomorrow. There’s no dressing it up it’s a manky summer climate we get.

There have been a few showers since that post alright but nothing heavy in DCC since 2pm, the ground is dry as if it never rained. Dublin 5 meanwhile doesn't look so dry.

PS I'm also with those who think this summer has been poor, I just haven't been vocal about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Jesus that breeze would cut ya
    Had to put on a body warmer over the hoody while cutting the lawn
    Sad times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

First evening were getting that lovely golden autumn light here. It’s the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Awful day in Donegal again, constant heavy showers all day. Autumn well and truly underway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

There were a few showers today but a lot of sunshine in between. Not all that warm but not too cool either. There was 0.4mm rain recorded. The day's high was 18.1C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

we had some really heavy showers today, but there were some really nice sunny breaks in between where it felt warm between the showers. Feeling fairly chill this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Found it cold tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Had that autumnal feel to the evening while out on my walk tonight. Might go back to long trousers and lose the shorts for another year tommorrow.

Clear sky and sunny here in Glasnevin but it's cool @10.7C. The low was 9.4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A Noah day out here... at least we have a boat at need... :eek:

Non stop deluges; it started while I was walking so got soaked to the skin, literally . Wettest rain in the world, Irish rain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

12 degrees and raining. There’s not much to say about how utterly average and at times rubbish this summer has been here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A very wet morning in Castlebar, close to 10mm of rain in the last 3 hours and 96% humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Insanely heavy downpours in West Clare.

Cloudless blue skies and sunshine on way to work in Dublin this morning, glorious walk over the Sean O Casey bridge to far side of Liffey. BUT I think this rain you're all talking about will be on the East coast on the way home !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Morning run in sunshine earlier in Dublin 4.
    Still bright in the East.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Bright blue sky and sunshine in meath has gave way to complete cloud, rain not far away i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Torrential rain in Limk since around 10am.

10.6mm since around 9.30am, rainfall rate @ 11.08am was 30.6mm

steady rain now here at Dunshaughlin. Thankfully it's looking dryer and warmer from Friday.

It's all cloudy now in Glasnevin after the glorious clear sky earlier. No rain here yet but I think it's just about arrived - I can drops on some surfaces. It's still quite cool. It's currently 15.9C after a high an hour ago of 16.7C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wet here now in kildare since the rain started. Could turn miserable looking at the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rain has finally cleared for the moment in Castlebar, we had nearly 20mm since early this morning.

There's been 1.0mm rain recorded now, some of it heavy. And the temperature's down to 15.3C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy falls of rain in Kildare now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

2mm of Rain so far here in meath, seems to be clearing from the west now

Advertisement