Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely varied afternoon. Walked and then sat in glorious sunshine and a warm breeze …. the wind had dropped. Then a change, deluge and the wind is stronger.

Beautiful cloud scapes. Happy with it today. Our kind Irish climate

acequion wrote: »
    Posting at 3am is what you do when you're on hols and it's still too hot to go to bed.:pac:

Say what you will, there is no denying that Ireland has poor summers especially in the west. And while we know that Ireland isn't Spain it's still annoying to have weeks of wind and rain between May and September. June was horrible. Fact. August, in the west, hasn't been much better. Also fact. And my patio flowers have gotten very water logged and many are destroyed beyond redemption [and they were bloody expensive :eek:] And that's also a fact and I'll get to survey the damage when home on Tuesday.In a tolerably decent summer that would not happen.

So dress it up whatever way ye like. Ireland has a shyte climate. Sorry!

:eek: Ireland has a temperate climate.. Acclimatising is a good idea …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Just had my first rain of the day here. It's just started lashing. 0.6mm recorded in a few minutes. The temperature's dropped to 17.9C from a high of 19.0C a short while ago. The sun's shining again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

acequion wrote: »
    Posting at 3am is what you do when you're on hols and it's still too hot to go to bed.:pac:

Say what you will, there is no denying that Ireland has poor summers especially in the west. And while we know that Ireland isn't Spain it's still annoying to have weeks of wind and rain between May and September. June was horrible. Fact. August, in the west, hasn't been much better.

So dress it up whatever way ye like. Ireland has a shyte climate. Sorry!

I go to spain 6 weeks in the year, i know about the heat over there, and i dont need to dress the weather up in any way, your experience of the weather is as you pointed out twice above, in the west, i guess as our weather usually arrives from the atlantic, you would experience the worst of it, hence your opinion, but im in the east and it has been nowhere near as bad as what you say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

A lovely, proper heavy rain shower in Clondalkin now. It's absolutely pelting. Fairly cool too. Very nice. :)

• Advertisement

I go to spain 6 weeks in the year, i know about the heat over there, and i dont need to dress the weather up in any way, your experience of the weather is as you pointed out twice above, in the west, i guess as our weather usually arrives from the atlantic, you would experience the worst of it, hence your opinion, but im in the east and it has been nowhere near as bad as what you say

I am in the west , out in the ocean where it is at is\its most extreme, and not half as bad here either as is made out to be, but each to his or her own opinion...

Love the variety and the skies. Better than Orkney where I lived for a decade, where it barely got light for more than 4 hours in winter and gales went on 72 hours, up to 124 miles an hour and the rain! I came to Ireland for some sun on my bones in my old age and have not been disappointed. Far more than I ever expected. Never seen such glorious skies. Was watching the cloudscapes today before the next deluge hit.. Magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    rain shower here now, thought we were going to escape with a completely dry weekend but sadly our luck has run out.

Yep, thundery shower here now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice Water Vapor Sat Pic from EUMETSAT showing some convective cloud over Ireland and a Cold front over France and Jet overhead of it moving in the shape of a spiral deep into Europe.

Frequent blustery showers going through here near Tralee, 4.2mm so far, Relatively cool at 14.7C.

qhHMcRb.gif

X1Ojxyc.png

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Just had my first rain of the day here. It's just started lashing. 0.6mm recorded in a few minutes. The temperature's dropped to 17.9C from a high of 19.0C a short while ago. The sun's shining again now.

Had some more rain now. Another 0.6mm. The temperature's down to 15.1C now. But the sun's back shining again from a mostly blue sky :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Experienced the famous east coast Dublin summer in Croke Park today.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Torrential rain in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

'Twas a very blustery day. Windiest day I have felt in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Light/moderate shower in North Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

highdef wrote: »
    Light/moderate shower in North Kildare.

I can see those looking north from Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

100mm in the gauge for August here now

Well on the way to my wettest August since I began recording

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Yeah, real mixed bag of weather today means everyone has been lying all this time and the weather has been as ****e on the east coast as you keep telling us it is where you live!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Graces7 wrote: »
    :eek: Ireland has a temperate climate.. Acclimatising is a good idea …

Ah Graces give me a break!! I just don't have your wonderful patience with the universe. Maybe I can try to acquire it, but not yet. :)

[ =acequion;111013346 ##did you say something? blank message. have a lovely day

Waking to wet, wild , windy. Peaceful start to the week. but indoor weather.... stay dry folks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dry, fresh, cool. Dublin 2
    Is the forecast that poor for the week? Last of the school holidays and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

pad199207 wrote: »
    100mm in the gauge for August here now

Well on the way to my wettest August since I began recording

Meanwhile only 67mm in Arklow
    Not so bad
    Nice day today
    Sunny 15.2c but you wouldn't be out in a t shirt unless you were doing something energetic

And 67.1mm here in Glasnevin. It's also nice and sunny but breezy and cool. It's 15.6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Really nice in Dublin today, if it stays this way then it's going to be the best day since I came back on the 9th and even so there hasn't been a dry day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Really nice in Dublin today, if it stays this way then it's going to be the best day since I came back on the 9th and even so there hasn't been a dry day.

I’m in lovely scorching heat right now but my friend just told me she got soaked on the way to St Stephens green at lunch. RTÉ says high of 15 tomorrow. There’s no dressing it up it’s a manky summer climate we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

I’m in lovely scorching heat right now but my friend just told me she got soaked on the way to St Stephens green at lunch. RTÉ says high of 15 tomorrow. There’s no dressing it up it’s a manky summer climate we get.

Stephen Green? Ground dry here Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Kutebride wrote: »
    Stephen Green? Ground dry here Dublin 2.

The lying cow!

Wrong! I'm just back from strolling around Grafton street on my lunch hour, dry and sunny there, absolutely beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

It's one thing having bad weather. It's the useless forecasting that annoys me the most. You can't rely on it. Example: yesterday I checked the forecast for Thursday and it said no rain zilch! I checked again an hour ago and it's to be a washout. Not just an isolated shower. Just constant rain. How can met eireann be so off?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Heavy shower now in Dublin 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dull, wet and blustery in Castlebar, basically it has been a copy and paste job for the last 4 days with the odd period of sunshine in between showers.

Advertisement