Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options
1777879808183»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah I'm not accepting it either. Whatever about the sniper lobsters but getting ganked by three crystal enemies when my character was not specced against their only weakness was a nightmare. Some of those dungeon bosses had some wild fluctuations in difficulty and a lot of them were like 'what about if we had 2... No 3 of that really annoying boss with a tracking overhead'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Cordell

Oh you mean balanced against you? No, but it's a fine balance between accessible enemies and really horrible ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I would absolutely consider the game balanced, considering the sheer amount of viable builds and permutations your own character can be, the level of enemies in different areas when balanced against the level you'll likely be when you get there in a normal playthrough (barring trap portals which send you to Caelid early etc), and the numerous ways you can just avoid or bypass enemies (compared to the more linear nature of previous Souls games). Not to mention the summons and incredible weapon arts.

In fact one of the main reasons I think Elden Ring is one of the greatest games of all time is the balance they were able to achieve and how they made arguably a more balanced game than most of the previous Souls games while taking Elden Ring open world and with more weapons and tools at your disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The mod is quite good actually.

I'm ok with it being tougher in some places. I'll just have to git gud😊

I've finished the game multiple times in vanilla so was looking for something a little different which the mod has provided.

I'd also agree vanilla ER is one of the best games ever made, exceptional in every area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

The Spirit Ashes feature made this game a lot more accessible. It made some bosses trivial if used correctly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement