Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Here is a line from Leo's statement

The inquiry concludes that it is unlikely that a court would conclude that she deliberately sought to mislead as other legal documents talk about her running being restricted rather than not being able to run at all.

What other legal documents could these be?

Anyone know what these mystery documents might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

The Alison O'Connor article.

Wasn't Alison in the radio studio on the actual day Bailey did the 'Sean Sean' interview along with Regina D and someone else? They spoke to Sean on-air about it when Bailey had finished.

If I recall correctly, Alison tore strips off Bailey that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Alison O'Connor missed a trick with using the online version of that article to it's full effect. She could have put the music from one of the charity adverts running in the background. It mightn't exactly tie in with the 'Build a bridge and get over it' at the end, but sure, by the time we would have got to that bit we would be all blubbing into our keyboards trying to type out the words "I'm Sorry".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭golfball37

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

Wasn't Alison in the radio studio on the actual day Bailey did the 'Sean Sean' interview along with Regina
    D and someone else? They spoke to Sean on-air about it when Bailey had finished.

Correct, she made O'Rourke go back to that story when he clearly didn't want to. Sean I can't let this pass without commenting on that interview with Maria Bailey just there, or words to that effect.

O Rourke is another insider. She went on with him as she knew he'd be easy on her, in fact he willfully [imo] refused to challenge her on contradictions that were well known in public about the case. She went off and made a fool of herself by herself. SOR was there to help her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I find it funny that women love to play the sexist card at a drop of a hat....everything has to be gender neutral

But then you have s**t like th above
    Compare that Google result with another Dublin female Fine Gael politician,
    from the woman who is now more notorious than crime lords and Celtic Tiger bankers.

Does it really matter she is a female in this new gender equal World?

Seen this a few times where press/pro MB seem to be using the excuse that more or less it should be dropped because she is a woman.....

So the gender equal stuff is only when it suits people? is that what women want?

In my opinion, it shouldnt matter if she is mand/woman or whatever.....she should be treated the exact same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Very poor form to use the death of her father as a reason why we should move on. The majority of people in life will lose loved ones at some stage, it doesn't excuse wrongdoings.

100% TOTALLY agree.

Look across The Water - only yesterday Boris got a real kick up the arse over a Tory not playing by the book.

Balanadan wrote: »
    Everyone's still talking about this, it's still be discussed on the radio, it's coming up in normal daily conversation. Fine Gael must know at this stage that it's not going away.

Either that or the whole lot of them are complete clowns.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That fawning article from Alison o'Connor really reminds me of the type of guff journalists write about political parties when they are targeting one of those nice €120k jobs as an advisor to a Minister.

I wonder did Maria rehearse her GAA/offside line the previous night and think to herself 'Im really clever at the soundbites'. I also wonder what the converstation was like between her and the 'PR guru' when they were walking out of RTE from the Sean O'Rourke car crash. I have visions of Father Ted-' Well I thought that went well' :D

Your last sentence? Pure class!!!

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

Wasn't Alison in the radio studio on the actual day Bailey did the 'Sean Sean' interview along with Regina D and someone else? They spoke to Sean on-air about it when Bailey had finished.

I also recall RD saying that MB giving that interview wasn’t the wisest thing Bailey ever did, or words to that effect.

Have I missed something, but where are the 4 musketeers? Have they realized they are flogging a dead horse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ah but Alison and Maria are mammies. They cant be criticised. Its bullying

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sean......

Sean.......

Sean......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Sean Sean Sean, here use this tissue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I find it funny that women love to play the sexist card at a drop of a hat....everything has to be gender neutral

But then you have s**t like th above

Does it really matter she is a female in this new gender equal World?

Seen this a few times where press/pro MB seem to be using the excuse that more or less it should be dropped because she is a woman.....

So the gender equal stuff is only when it suits people? is that what women want?

In my opinion, it shouldnt matter if she is mand/woman or whatever.....she should be treated the exact same

SOME women play the sexist card, and she did alright. I heard the interview as it happened and it made me feel sick when she said that some people didn't like that she was a strong woman in politics.

She doesn't represent me, or any woman I know. An embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭This is it

Sent an email to a local FG member, letting them know I won't be voting FG due to this. Don't get me wrong, I know it means very little, I just hope there's enough from others too for them to think "Oh fûck, we've made a right mess of this".

Hard to have insurance reform as a policy when you literally have it in your party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

This is it wrote: »
    Sent an email to a local FG member, letting them know I won't be voting FG due to this. Don't get me wrong, I know it means very little, I just hope there's enough from others too for them to think "Oh fûck, we've made a right mess of this".

Hard to have insurance reform as a policy when you literally have it in your party.

If they are not already thinking that, they are completely out of touch and not fit to govern the country.

I can see a split in the party. It's a good approach to email the grass roots because those at the top table are not listening. In the eyes of Leo and Maria Bailey, they have done very little wrong and its "warriors" like you and I that are the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Well done to the Dean Hotel for fighting this …if they didn't her pocket would be heavier to the tune of €50K or more and no one would ever know... I hope The Dean send her a bill for the legal expenses she cost them to date... And another bill for the estimates costs it may incur in the future due to her braziness. .. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,971 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I wonder will the 30 families set to sue Hyde and Seek Créche receive the same derision as MB

Fook sake. A little birra diluted milk, cheap noodles and the odd cross word to kids, and the claws are out for money...and the lawyers jumping to get hold of it..

Wtf is wrong with society?

walshb wrote: »
    I wonder will the 30 families set to sue Hyde and Seek Créche receive the same derision as MB

Fook sake. A little birra diluted milk, cheap noodles and the odd cross word to kids, and the claws are out for money...and the lawyers jumping to get hold of it..

Wtf is wrong with society?

Second thought

Quit trolling....that has zero relevance to this case

Please explain how it does?

Second thought

Quit trolling....that has zero relevance to this case

Please explain how it does?

Keep your cacks on.

Was just something I read. Relating to the compo culture:let’s sue every time something “happens.”

Ok, back on MB topic now..

• Advertisement

Keep your cacks on.

Was just something I read. Relating to the compo culture:let’s sue every time something “happens.”

Ok, back on MB topic now..

Link to what you read so?

Link to what you read so?

Can’t link at moment. On the indo app. Not sure how I link it.

Can’t link at moment. On the indo app. Not sure how I link it.

I am reading that, no mention of compo culture etc?

Fairly easy to link

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/hyde-and-seek-more-than-30-families-to-sue-creche-after-rt-investigates-expos-38370894.html

So what point are you trying to make? A childcare company which doesn’t do it job correctly and shoves a child’s head into the mattress is the same as a grown adult falling off a swing?

How the hell are you comparing the two?

Ok. I didn’t say the article specifically mentioned compo culture...it was something I thought of when reading it.

Back on topic now...

Fairly easy to link

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/hyde-and-seek-more-than-30-families-to-sue-creche-after-rt-investigates-expos-38370894.html

So what point are you trying to make? A childcare company which doesn’t do it job correctly and shoves a child’s head into the mattress is the same as a grown adult falling off a swing?

How the hell are you comparing the two?

You’re way off topic now.

Put the internet down..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ok. I didn’t say the article specifically mentioned compo culture...it was something I thought of when reading it.

Back on topic now...

Combo culture relates to people looking for money for nothing like Bailey those parents have actually been wronged in some way. There is no comparison except maybe both the crèche owner and the TD are both entitled parasites.

The whole fooking world can argue being wronged here, there and everywhere...

Where does all this money grabbing greed end.

Not arguing that the Créche is doing its job correctly, but for crying out loud, what compensation are these people looking for?

Parents all over the country “abusing” their children day in day out..

And here we have dozens of people running to solicitors to sue because of some sub standard food and cross words..

You’re way off topic now.

Put the internet down..

You haven't a clue what you are talking about and now trying to say off topic.

I know a mother who's child goes to the Tolka creche. She has given them huge money to look after her chld....was told the creche would be on tv but nothing to worry about, so she was still paying up till the show....

Then goes and watch's that program, and yes they blurred out the child face but the parents could tell which children where involved

Then a clown like you try to use it as some sort of "compo culture" reference and that everyone else is the same as Maria Bailey.

I have words I could use but I would be banned. Maybe if you dont understand what you are talking about its better next time to shut up

You haven't a clue what you are talking about and now trying to say off topic.

I know a mother who's child goes to the Tolka creche. She has given them huge money to look after her chld....was told the creche would be on tv but nothing to worry about, so she was still paying up till the show....

Then goes and watch's that program, and yes they blurred out the child face but the parents could tell which children where involved

Then a clown like you try to use it as some sort of "compo culture" reference and that everyone else is the same as Maria Bailey.

I have words I could use but I would be banned. Maybe if you dont understand what you are talking about its better next time to shut up

Ok, angry man..

Tell your friend best of luck with the compo claim...

And don’t go getting yourself banned. It’s only an Internet forum.

• Advertisement

Ok, angry man..

Tell your friend best of luck with the compo claim...

And don’t go getting yourself banned. It’s only an Internet forum.

Nearly 4 days you have only posted on this thread, no other thread on boards.....

You seem a small but obsessed, maybe its time you put down the internet, sorry the Maria Bailey thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement