Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You reckon those two are largely responsible for high insurance premiums?

Not solely, but they evidently aren't a fanny hair better than the welfare scammers they and their party like to encourage us to rat out.

Insurance fraud - just like welfare fraud hurts us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭golfball37

Was the Moriarty released and the findings acted on? DO'B was found to be a corrupt individual yet Enda Kenny when Taoiseach was happy to share the Dias at the NYSE with him.

No- I was taking pre Kenny FG. Bruton expelled Lowry when it was discovered Ben Dunne paid for his house extension back in the 1980s. No internal reports, no spin. Just bye bye. FG no longer have these principles as evidenced by the inaction on Moriarty and now Bailey/Madigan/Farrell.

Slogans like we help those who get up early, not another red cent and Insurance cheats, cheat us all are so hollow now they make FF look a better option. How they could do that in 8 short years is anyone's guess. Its more a pity than an outrage however.

We need a party in Ireland that stand for the things FG claim to stand for, but one that actually backs it up with actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mike_cork

golfball37 wrote: »
    No- I was taking pre Kenny FG. Bruton expelled Lowry when it was discovered Ben Dunne paid for his house extension back in the 1980s. No internal reports, no spin. Just bye bye. FG no longer have these principles as evidenced by the inaction on Moriarty and now Bailey/Madigan/Farrell.

Slogans like we help those who get up early, not another red cent and Insurance cheats, cheat us all are so hollow now they make FF look a better option. How they could do that in 8 short years is anyone's guess. Its more a pity than an outrage however.

We need a party in Ireland that stand for the things FG claim to stand for, but one that actually backs it up with actions.

This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Not really, dude. SF are a spent docket. Having nothing only gibberish to offer the people. Can see them becoming part of the Labour Party within 10 years. Like the stickies before them. The only appeal of sf to some people was the likes of Adams and the lad who can’t read down in Kerry. The lad who picked up the killers of Sergeant Jerry McCabe. The Ferris gombeen.

But Doherty's insurance showboating in the Oireachtas Committee managed to con the imbecilic Una Mullally to write a simpering column about him in the Irish Times. And that will probably influence some of the airheads who read her drivel.

Was the Moriarty released and the findings acted on? DO'B was found to be a corrupt individual yet Enda Kenny when Taoiseach was happy to share the Dias at the NYSE with him.

The report was referred to the DPP and AGS, which, in case you weren't aware, are the bodies tasked with initiating prosecutions in this country.

Contrary to the impression of many of the bottom feeders contributing (sic) to this thread, politicians - even Taoisigh - aren't able to initiate prosecutions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Unbelievable, Doherty shows up the insurance industry for gouging the public yet a bunch of (i'll be infracted if I use the word) 'posters' here and elsewhere are attacking Doherty. Skin in the game lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I see it has been announced that her dad died. Terrible thing but it has probably got her and Leo out of a tricky situation.

Contrary to the impression of many of the bottom feeders contributing (sic) to this thread, politicians - even Taoisigh - aren't able to initiate prosecutions.

You were doing ok till you called other posters bottom feeders. Zero credibility.

golfball37 wrote: »

That chimerical Party was once called the Pee Dees. Currently it's called the Soc Dems. Before I pass away, it will probably have had quite a few more name changes.

But cosmetics apart, nothing will change. Rather like Saint Augustine, the vast majority of the Irish people don't want to be made pure, just yet.

Floppybits wrote:
    I see it has been announced that her dad died. Terrible thing but it has probably got her and Leo out of a tricky situation.

Sad for the family and I wish them comfort. However sympathy will not make people forget her behaviour and that of Leo's handling. It would be even more distasteful if some tried to use the man's passing as a 'get out of jail card'.

• Advertisement

You were doing ok till you called other posters bottom feeders. Zero credibility.

I'm not posting here in an attempt to seek popularity. And I certainly don't seek any credibility from the brainless demographic.

I was merely expressing my hearty contempt for the prolix, opinionated, bilious windbags who genuinely haven't the first clue about how things work in a democracy, but still consider that their ill-informed rantings have a degree of merit.

I'm not posting here in an attempt to seek popularity. And I certainly don't seek any credibility among the brainless.

Arrogance is a nasty attribute, nothing to be celebrated tbh. Calling others names and vacuous insults is the last vestige of someone who has nothing to say of any import. Reply to my comment if you wish but you will receive no reply. Have a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

RIP. You would have to wonder why John Bailey ran for the council with motor neurone disease. He was obviously very unwell during canvassing and election.

Edit. Can see twitter is being a nasty place already. Really is a cesspit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'm not posting here in an attempt to seek popularity. And I certainly don't seek any credibility from the brainless demographic.

I was merely expressing my hearty contempt for the prolix, opinionated, bilious windbags who genuinely haven't the first clue about how things work in a democracy, but still consider that their ill-informed rantings have a degree of merit.

Why are the "newest" members of this platform always the most E-Hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boggles wrote: »

who says they are new?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Boggles wrote: »

They might not be new. A bit like the Pee dees.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I said "newest".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Floppybits

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    RIP. You would have to wonder why John Bailey ran for the council with motor neurone disease. He was obviously very unwell during canvassing and election.

Edit. Can see twitter is being a nasty place already. Really is a cesspit.

What happens with his council seat? Does there now need to be another election to fill his seat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

RIP John Bailey

I am going to take a break from this thread for a few days.

Floppybits wrote:
    What happens with his council seat? Does there now need to be another election to fill his seat?

No election the seat will be filled by the local FG organisation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Your sole mission seems to be stating this and attacking anyone you deem to be an idiot or simply wrong across numerous threads and numerous topics.

You rarely seem to add or contribute anything. Outside just attacking posters you deem lesser than you somehow.

Strange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Your sole mission seems to be stating this and attacking anyone you deem to be an idiot or simply wrong across numerous threads and numerous topics.

You rarely seem to add or contribute anything. Outside just attacking posters you deem lesser than you somehow.

Strange that.

It's comedy gold I think. Hyacinth Bucket levels of arrogance. Reflective of the attitude taken by the FG parliamentary party towards the the ordinary voters including their own party members.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Suckit wrote: »

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Suckit wrote: »

Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Floppybits wrote: »

If it's true, why has it gotten them out of a sticky situation ?.

Edit ; it does seem to be true,rte news on line reporting it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

RIP to Councillor Bailey. Thoughts and prayers with the Bailey family. Hopefully this gives people perspective and will stop hounding Deputy Bailey and move on with their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

RIP to Councillor Bailey. Thoughts and prayers with the Bailey family. Hopefully this gives people perspective and will stop hounding Deputy Bailey and move on with their lives.

You joking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So you agree that no-one is thwarting FG in their attempt as the party of government to deal with crippling insurance costs. So what legislation has FG brought forward to deal with the situation? I can't find any.
    If that's what you wanted to get from all of this then what can I say. There is a FF sponsored bill underway and at some point it will become law. I expect it to have cross-party input in amendments before enactment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I’m sure the many businesses closing every month would love this little nugget of advice and just move on with their lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement