Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

With businesses closing and jobs being lost because of high insurance costs because of individuals like Bailey and Farrell, very doubtful although a few here have claimed it's only cranks on the internet that care about this. The wider media seems to have a greater interest. The Indo for whatever reason seems to be on the attack against FG. This case is a gift to them considering the topic is so current and hits everyone in the state. Sorry but wishful thinking on your behalf .
    I don't think they are on the attack against FG but they are on a crusade on the insurance payouts. Ultimately some way of addressing the whole area needs to be found, but that's a Dail problem, not just a FG one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

is_that_so wrote: »
    They haven't exactly said much about it TBF. Losing the Committee chair probably a given, whip maybe less so.

Do you think Maria Bailey attempted to make a fraudulent claim? Yes or No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

is_that_so wrote:
    Not enough time with Brexit on 31st October. Politicians don't like winter campaigns nor do voters. Feb/Mar earliest I'd say.

Lay a bet with PP if you are so confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I dont think i have seen anybody claim that she didnt. Knowing it and proving it are two different matters.

According to an internal party report she seems to have exaggerated it in a civil case that she has now dropped. What anyone thinks is now moot, it's really not prosecutable and unlikely to be.

• Advertisement

Lay a bet with PP if you are so confident.
    Not confidence, just a bit of logic.

is_that_so wrote:
    Not confidence, just a bit of logic.

Considering the behaviour of Leo and the wider FG party logic is an alien concept.

Considering the behaviour of Leo and the wider FG party logic is an alien concept.
    Nobody in Leinster House wants one, this side of Brexit, and an election in December is really going to piss off the Christmas shoppers!

Elections in the autumn or winter are very much the exception. there have only been 2 in the last nearly 60 years. I think it is a safe bet that there wont be a general election before christmas.

Nobody in Leinster House wants one, this side of Brexit, and an election in December is really going to piss off the Christmas shoppers!

there has only ever been one general election in december in the history of the state and that was the very first one in 1918. i think the christmas shoppers will not be disturbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Plus no guarantee at all that Brexit will be settled by the supposed Halloween deadline

Plus no guarantee at all that Brexit will be settled by the supposed Halloween deadline

That's something I would put the house on with PP!

is_that_so wrote:

You asked them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

You might be right there but don't fool yourself, plenty of voters who gave FG a 1,2 will be voting ABFG whenever the GE does roll around.

Anyone but the Fraud and Greed party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

You know what i was just thinking, all of this actually makes me pretty sad in all honesty. I go about my business doing my work, paying my taxes, raising my kids to be good citizens, paying my way etc... and all i ask is for the people i voted in to govern my country to do the right thing by me and my family but more importantly the right thing for our nation. I don't want them to be perfect as i myself or nobody else i know is but i do ask that they lead by example so then maybe they can speak form a position of authority.

What makes it also truly depressing is we all know FF will be the ones to profit from this latest scandal and god makes me both sad and angry. I do know i'll be doing something i thought i'd never be doing and that's holding my nose and giving SF my vote whenever the next election comes around as a form of protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

According to an internal party report she seems to have exaggerated it in a civil case that she has now dropped. What anyone thinks is now moot, it's really not prosecutable and unlikely to be.

One of Leo's better TD's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Not enough time with Brexit on 31st October. Politicians don't like winter campaigns nor do voters. Feb/Mar earliest I'd say.

People are bored of Brexit now and they know our politicians didn't cause it and cant do much about it.

Insurance fraud and profiteering is a different matter.

Bailey (FG) and Farrell (FG) will be the faces of insurance fraud for a long long time. One got away with it, the other attempt failed.

Doesn't say much about the rest of them. Although i see Kehoe is making a tit of himself on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Bringing the party into disrepute must not be that serious to Leo.

I thought it was a dismissable offence?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

You know what i was just thinking, all of this actually makes me pretty sad in all honesty. I go about my business doing my work, paying my taxes, raising my kids to be good citizens, paying my way etc... and all i ask is for the people i voted in to govern my country to do the right thing by me and my family but more importantly the right thing for our nation. I don't want them to be perfect as i myself or nobody else i know is but i do ask that they lead by example so then maybe they can speak form a position of authority.

What makes it also truly depressing is we all know FF will be the ones to profit from this latest scandal and god makes me both sad and angry. I do know i'll be doing something i thought i'd never be doing and that's holding my nose and giving SF my vote whenever the next election comes around as a form of protest.

Social democrats are worth a vote too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Suckit wrote: »

It's not the problems he encounters that he will be judged on but the way he deals with them.

I don't really give a fiddlers weather she committed a crime or faces prosecution. What I do give a fiddlers about is the fact that she is a welcome member of the governing party.

Her along with Farrell, who did make it to court and produce false evidence, attempted to scam money wrongly from insurance companies which costs us all money.

Vradkar is willing to keep these reprehensible scumbags on his team, the same team that are making decisions on how our money is spent.

So we know for sure that Leo's team are the sort of people who will lie and cheat to enrich themselves so why would anyone believe that the same team would not be taking brown envelopes stuffed with cash and selling Joe taxpayer down the swanny with dodgy deals.

Charlie Haughey had more ethics than this crowd.

This is not going to be swept under the rug.

This is the era of new politics.

Blue envelopes stuffed with cash not brown obviously.

Suckit wrote: »

As soon as he finds the whistleblower that brought the party into disrepute they will be dismissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

RustyNut wrote: »
    As soon as he finds the whistleblower that brought the party into disrepute they will be dismissed.

It just further proves that exposing fraudsters is a criminal offence in FG!

So was Lucinda!

Social democrats are worth a vote too
    Once they stop being a vehicle for the two ladies maybe. They don't seem to stand for much else!

You might be right there but don't fool yourself, plenty of voters who gave FG a 1,2 will be voting ABFG whenever the GE does roll around.

Anyone but the Fraud and Greed party.

Well then it'll be be back to FF. No currency in all that protest stuff on the left any more. As bad as this insurance issue is it'll be housing, health, taxes and all the usual things in an election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It must bite to know most votes you get are because people view you as the least worst of poor options. 'Quality people'.....

People are bored of Brexit now and they know our politicians didn't cause it and cant do much about it.

Insurance fraud and profiteering is a different matter.

Bailey (FG) and Farrell (FG) will be the faces of insurance fraud for a long long time. One got away with it, the other attempt failed.

Well that boredom will dissipate once it actually happens and we finally get to see its effects.

• Advertisement

It must bite to know most votes you get are because people view you as the least worst of poor options. 'Quality people'.....
    TDs don't care what you think of them as long as they get your vote!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement