Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

recedite wrote: »
    Which reminds me, I asked a while ago where was the evidence that Gemma was anti-British?
    Now you're going on a bigoted sectarian rant yourself. You just can't help yourself, can you?

As I suspected, the finger was being pointed in completely the wrong direction. The real haters are down at Google HQ today.

Lol. Bringing up hanging questions...
    Pots and kettles.

I don't remember claiming that Gemma was anti British. And not sure how may comment could be construed as bigoted or sectarian or a rant.
    These appear to be a desperate strawman on your part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Really? Do you know the attackers behind all of these hate crime attacks and have full knowledge of their political affiliations or otherwise? Because unless you do, your statement above is pure fantasy.

I know for one that any sensible political organisations will distance themselves from terrorists. They were mostly lone wolfs from what I gather
    Specifically, what 'bodily harm' arose from this incident?
    https://twitter.com/tvcritics/status/1146521032943185923?lang=en

Rowan had to go to hospital because of the incident due to an eye injury. Also look at Andy Ngo a Vietnamese-American conservative reporter reporting on an Antifa demostration who was attacked and nearly blinded by the thugs who threw cement on his face.
    Presumably, you've been hugely concerned for decades about the abusive Catholic ideology that cause the rape of mostly young boys, some young girls, some children being killed? Look at Letterfrack, look at Tuam, look at the parishes where priests were moved around to hide their offences. You really are concerned about rape and killing, right? Or is it just when brown people are involved?

Yes and I want to put an end to it or maybe for you your only comcerned if white people are involved. I support tougher sentences for peados regardless of skin colour. I want tougher immigration policies to prevent more rapes.

Did you not hear Gemma herself calling chillingly on video for Fiona O'Leary to be 'dealt with for once and for all'? Or which of her supporters was it that called on them to bring hairspray (which with a lighter, becomes a handy portable flamethrower) to Saturday's event?

Dealt with in what way? There were calls for it on social media but nothing was actually done unlike the left who have been involved in actual violence in this country when there have been right wing demonstrations. Which is worse talk on social media or actual violent actions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

banie01 wrote: »
    And just out of curiousity?
    What would you describe the crusades as?
    The northern crusades?
    The Hussite wars?
    The reformation conflicts?
    The 30yrs war?
    The colonization and Christianisation of the New World and the east?
    Peaceful prosytelization?

There is plenty of savagery to go around, and most of it was sanctioned by Rome.

Now that you mention the Crusades

http://imgur.com/gallery/f0NQh7Y

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Stephen15 wrote: »

Even the comments on that image are quick to point out how woefully inaccurate it is. Hardly a source of useful information.

lol. Unsourced suspect map from unknown author with highly suspect criteria.
    You don't really get to pretend to be informed about history steve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I know for one that any sensible political organisations will distance themselves from terrorists. They were mostly lone wolfs from what I gather
    Yes, we all know what sensible political organisations will do, but what about Gemma's ACI? And yes, it's easy to 'distance yourself with words, while you throw petrol on the fire to inflame terrorist attacks in the next sentance, as Trump and others do.

But do tell me more about your 'lone wolf' theory. How many of these incidents did you investigate to support this thinking?

Rowan had to go to hospital because of the incident due to an eye injury.
    Had to go to hospital? What's your source for this? What was the nature of the injury? Has it been reported to the Gardai, given that the identity of the 'attacker' is in the public domain?

Also look at Andy Ngo a Vietnamese-American conservative reporter reporting on an Antifa demostration who was attacked and nearly blinded by the thugs who threw cement on his face.
    If you want to start bringing American attacks into debate, should we talk about El Paso and Dayton first perhaps?

Yes and I want to put an end to it or maybe for you your only comcerned if white people are involved. I support tougher sentences for peados regardless of skin colour. I want tougher immigration policies to prevent more rapes.
    And what policies are you seeking the prevent rapes by Catholic church priests and others? Were you vocal about these policies before you jumped on the anti-Islam bandwagon, or is this a late vocation for you?
    Dealt with in what way? There were calls for it on social media but nothing was actually done unlike the left who have been involved in actual violence in this country when there have been right wing demonstrations. Which is worse talk on social media or actual violent actions?
    Maybe you should have asked Gemma about 'what way' she wanted Fiona to be dealt with? Were you not concerned about this kind of egging on of her followers, which has resulted in intimidation and threats?

Good to see that you've moved from claiming that you've never heard the alt-right calling for attacks though - one step at a time, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

...and Peter O'Loughlin assaulted on the Luas by "counter protesters" armed with iron bars...
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/identity-ireland-disappointed-with-political-response-to-attack-1.2528311

An article from 3 years ago?

Where does it state they had iron bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Your grasp of history and it's inticracies is already coming across as quite poor.
    That you would seek to rely on a map full of inaccuracies only makes you appear wilfully ignorant.

It's easy to resort to a course of those that don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.
    But do yourself a favour, read more from both sides of the coin and form your own thesis.

Your grasp of the causes of the crusades, the impact on the Byzantine empire and the creation of the crusader kingdoms is poor in the extreme if you ascribe any accuracy other than the shape of the Med to that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

That fascist cockroache got a few slaps on the luas ,no weapons involved.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

So again, Red is less that truthful with the content of his links.
    Shock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

You can find that info elsewhere.

The same guy spoke outside Google HQ very recently.
    http://www.thetricolour.com/Articles/591/News/politics/Videos/Google-protesters-resilient-as-they-enter-third-week/l4529445/

But back to today, this guy has the measure of the situation...

That fascist cockroache got a few slaps on the luas ,no weapons involved.

Please: dehumanizing language like this is how these violent altercations begin in the first place. I don’t want to see it fomented here. /mod

Up to your usual tricks I see. Posting dishonest strawman arguments.
    Later you will claim your questions were "unanswered".
    King Mob wrote: »
    LOL... you are so predictable :pac:

LOL... you are so predictable :pac:
    Well yea, if you don't answer the questions, then I will point out how you have not answered the questions.
    Not really a prediction.

I shall take it that you are indeed running from yet more questions you can't answer and that you have no valid point again the paper you were shown.

I will also point out that banie also gave you the opportunity to explain why you with your lack of qualifications reject that study.

You also ignored this because you can't do that.

So nothing in the original link mentions iron bars but you make the claim anyway, then you link to ome claim in the kilkenny journal? Any other links? Pictures of injuries? Cctv footage of this attack?

How do you know what qualifications I have?
    That study is not false, but it is a fine example of how to cherrypick stats in order to support a narrative.
    I'm waiting for Part 11 of the study; Merkel's open door policy of 2015 and it Correllation With the Rise of Islamic Extremism and Terror attacks in Europe.

I've been to Germany this year, and I can tell you the ordinary people are not happy with the situation there. They had become resigned to the fact that the Turkish "guestworkers" brought in many years ago will never integrate. And they have accepted that fact, but at least the Turks were hard workers. Turkey BTW is probably the most secular of any Muslim country, mainly due to the historic efforts of national hero Ataturk.

But the Germans have been surprised that this latest influx have no intention of working. And also surprised that the "Syrians" came from Kabul and Mogadishu and everywhere in between.

Go talk to most Americans and a handful will probably tell you what you want to hear: eg, ‘then migrants coming up here spreading their disease, bla bla bla” when 99.9% of Americans will never encounter a problem with it.

So I don’t place much stock in anecdote.

So nothing in the original link mentions iron bars..
    I didn't realise we had a one link policy here :)

Its considered good form when making a claim to actually post a link that has the information in it.

Is that the only link (Kilkenny journal) that mentions iron bars? Because otherwise i would be taking the claim with a grain of salt

• Advertisement

I’m sure you’d be irate if users posted links and portrayed their summary with information that the link did not contain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

So nothing in the original link mentions iron bars but you make the claim anyway, then you link to ome claim in the kilkenny journal? Any other links? Pictures of injuries? Cctv footage of this attack?

The kilkenny journal is not a news source. It is a blog from a mentally disturbed individual that is a self confessed neo nazi.

It's hilariously embarrassing that somebody would try and use it as a source.

The kilkenny journal is not a news source. It is a blog from a mentally disturbed individual that is a self confessed neo nazi.

It's hilariously embarrassing that somebody would try and use it as a source.

“TRAVELLERS IN KILKENNY UP EARLY THIS MORNING. by Michael McGrath
    TRAVELLERS AT WETLANDS WERE WOKEN UP EARLY THIS MORNING!
    by Michael McGrath.”

Just makes me think of Hot Fuzz honestly

How do you know what qualifications I have?
    I asked you if you had any qualifications that would lead you to have any authority to reach a conclusion about the study beyond just your uneducated opinion on the matter.
    You did not answer and ignored the question.
    So I assumed you had no such qualifications.

If this isn't the case, maybe you could answer it now.
    That study is not false, but it is a fine example of how to cherrypick stats in order to support a narrative.
    I'm waiting for Part 11 of the study; Merkel's open door policy of 2015 and it Correllation With the Rise of Islamic Extremism and Terror attacks in Europe.
    Ok, so why do the authors reach a false conclusion?
    Why was the study allowed to be published when it has a wrong conclusion?
    This is the question you are ignoring.
    I've been to Germany this year, and I can tell you...
    Anecdote, therefore irrelevant.

Do you have any studies comparable to the one you were provided that supports your stance and racist claims?
    Again I asked this before and received no reply.

You are also still ignoring banie's post. Are you running away from that now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I've been to Germany this year, and I can tell you the ordinary people are not happy with the situation there.

How did this unhappiness manifest itself in the recent State elections there?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ok if your going to say that that's fine. But I'm going to say it's your open borders ideology which caused the Bataclan Attacks, Nice Attacks, London Bridge Attacks, Manchester Arena Bombing, 7/7, the rape of young girls in Rotherham and Huddersfield and the NYE rapes in Cologne.

I don't support open borders or islamic terrorism. You on the other hand support racist ideology that motivates white supremacist terrorists.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Giving examples of Islamic savagery which is what I do not want returning to Ireland. You've sort of shot yourself in the foot there. It is a barbaric ideology dressed up as a religion.

We don't want your white supremacist mudrdering terrorism either. Your ideology is barbaric.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

How did this unhappiness manifest itself in the recent State elections there?

Well surely the AfD sweeping the board in those State Elections is a sure sign of the deeply held and vociferous anti-immigrant stance.

Except, that's not what happened.
    The AfD support dropped significantly versus their 2017 Bundestag election performance.
    11% Vs 13.3% in 2017.

Or to put the nasty spin of statistics on it, a drop of greater than 20% in their polling.
    But Germany is boiling?

Apart from stories, anecdotes and feelings?
    I wonder if there is actually anything approaching evidence for the notions of Recedite and Stephen15?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

banie01 wrote: »
    I wonder if there is actually anything approaching evidence for the notions of Recedite and Stephen15?

Nope:)

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    I’m sure you’d be irate if users posted links and portrayed their summary with information that the link did not contain.
    Well lets look again at the offending post.

...and Peter O'Loughlin assaulted on the Luas by "counter protesters" armed with iron bars...
    The chairman of Identity Ireland who was hospitalised after being hit in the head with a blunt object while travelling on the Luas has condemned the main Government parties for failing to be unequivocal in their disdain for the attack.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/identity-ireland-disappointed-with-political-response-to-attack-1.2528311
    The direct quote from the link is clearly differentiated from the "intro" I gave it. I mentioned iron bar as opposed to "blunt object" as mentioned in the Irish Times. Iron bar was reported elsewhere. Does it really matter?
    The guy was ambushed and assaulted on the Luas by a bunch of fascists claiming to be anti-fascist. Do we really care about the exact nature of the cudgels they used? Is that really the issue here?
    How about if I say "it was reported elsewhere that an iron bar was used". Happy now?

A repeat performance may, or may not, have been planned for today. But either way Gemma has skillfully made sure that it won't happen.

Advertisement