Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The ideology that you and Gemma promote Stephen is hateful, violent and murderous.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

What is her theory? She is protesting outside the Google offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So the argument that immigration imports terrorism has been fairly conclusively debunked in a recently published study.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167268119302471
    Abstract
    The relationship between immigration and terrorism is an important public policy concern.
    Using bilateral migration data for 170 countries from 1990 to 2015, we estimate the relationship between levels of immigration and terrorism using an instrumental variables (IV) strategy based on the decades prior stocks of immigrants in destination countries.
    We specifically investigate rates of immigration from Muslim majority countries and countries involved in armed conflicts. We find no relationship between immigration and terrorism, whether measured by the number of attacks or victims, in destination countries.

I wonder if our resident racists could care to rebut this particular study?

Link to working paper
    https://www.cato.org/publications/working-paper/do-immigrants-import-terrorism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Gemma and her supporters support numerous conspiracy theories; The great replacement plan, the Kalergi Plan, Unicorns promoting paedophilia etc etc

Ok if your going to say that that's fine. But I'm going to say it's your open borders ideology which caused the Bataclan Attacks, Nice Attacks, London Bridge Attacks, Manchester Arena Bombing, 7/7, the rape of young girls in Rotherham and Huddersfield and the NYE rapes in Cologne.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    What is her theory? She is protesting outside the Google offices.

One theory in particular she and our resident Gemma defenders promote is the idea that there is an organised effort to increase immigration (of Muslims or Hispanic people) for the express purpose of "diluting" or destroying the "white race".

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Ok if your going to say that that's fine. But I'm going to say it's your open borders ideology which caused the Bataclan Attacks, Nice Attacks, London Bridge Attacks, Manchester Arena Bombing, 7/7, the rape of young girls in Rotherham and Huddersfield and the NYE rapes in Cologne.
    Before we continue, please clarify.
    Do you believe in the great replacement theory?

banie01 wrote: »
    So the argument that immigration imports terrorism has been fairly conclusively debunked in a recently published study.

Link to working paper
    I really really hope one of them cries "liberal conspiracy" on this one.

banie01 wrote: »

Link to working paper

So your telling me that the Islamic terror attacks I've mentioned have nothing to do with Islamic immigration. The fact of the matter is Islam does not have a long history in Europe and eyebrows are going to be raised when an Islamic terror attack occurs.

So your telling me that the Islamic terror attacks I've mentioned have nothing to do with Islamic immigration. The fact of the matter is Islam does not have a long history in Europe and eyebrows are going to be raised when an Islamic terror attack occurs.

I'm telling you a scientific and statistical study refutes that assertion on your part.
    I am asking you to present evidence other than anecdote, feeling or impression?
    Can you do that?
    Or are you going to do as you have done previously with the "hard" questions?
    Waffle and ignore?

Lol
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_conquest_of_Hispania
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Islam_in_southern_Italy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Muslim_presence_in_the_Iberian_Peninsula
    First Islamic attacks on Sicily (652–827)
    And considering that Mohammed died in 632...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

King Mob wrote: »

The ignorance is breathtaking isn't it? 1500 of history in Europe.

Astonishing.

Stephen this topic isn't for you mate. Go for a walk or go down the pub and watch the sport today or something. Whatever you do, just stay off the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Stephens extremism comes from a depth of ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Its an irrelevant paper. Why do you think they specifically stopped at 2015, the year of Merkel's open borders policy? They even admit their study is based "on the decades prior stocks of immigrants in destination countries".
    So that was a period when vetting was a thing. Its a study of immigrants and legal immigration.
    It is Not a study of asylum seekers and illegal immigration.

Most of the people in it would have been skilled and educated.
    I don't think anyone has a problem with a merit-based immigration system, so long as the numbers coming in are reasonable. That's what they have in Australia, and that's what they are proposing for the UK, post-Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Augme

recedite wrote: »
    mass shootings
    Whataboutery, from the other side of the world.
    You might as well talk about ISIS, or Pol Pot.

Stephen was the first to mention incidents from the other side of the world when he mentioned Andy Ngo.

Its an irrelevant paper. Why do you think they specifically stopped at 2015, the year of Merkel's open borders policy? They even admit their study is based "on the decades prior stocks of immigrants in destination countries".
    So that was a period when vetting was a thing. Its a study of immigrants and legal immigration.

I don't think anyone has a problem with a merit-based immigration system, so long as the numbers coming in are reasonable. That's what they have in Australia, and that's what they are proposing for the UK, post-Brexit.
    So the paper is fraudulent?
    Who was behind this paper? Why did they fake their results?

Do you have any studies that prove the converse?
    Do you have any training or education that allows you to made any valid judgement on the paper or is just from ill-informed opinion?

So of the 170 countries queried, the majority of immigration was skilled?
    Rather than driven by conflict? Or oppression? Or even just base economics?

The reasons that the study stopped at 2015 are laid out in the paper if you would care to read it.
    Then I'll happily discuss the merits or indeed not of their scoping methodology.

So, whats happening down at Google HQ today, now that Gemma has defused the situation by leaving?
    Have the counter protestors formed a protective cordon around the building to stop her returning?
    Maybe carrying placards like "Dissent must be silenced" and " We love internet censorship; Up with this sort of thing".

The far left have become the foot soldiers of global corporations.

The Nal wrote: »
    The ignorance is breathtaking isn't it? 1500 of history in Europe.

Astonishing.

Stephen this topic isn't for you mate. Go for a walk or go down the pub and watch the sport today or something. Whatever you do, just stay off the internet.
    Islam in Europe literally predates both Protestantism and England as a nation.

So, whats happening down at Google HQ today, now that Gemma has defused the situation by leaving?
    Have the counter protestors formed a protective cordon around the building to stop her returning?
    Maybe carrying placards like "Dissent must be silenced" and " We love internet censorship; Up with this sort of thing".

Again: Dissent = chemtrails and fake school shootings.

So the paper is fraudulent?
    Who was behind this paper? Why did they fake their results?
    Up to your usual tricks I see. Posting dishonest strawman arguments.
    Later you will claim your questions were "unanswered".

• Advertisement

Giving examples of Islamic savagery which is what I do not want returning to Ireland. You've sort of shot yourself in the foot there. It is a barbaric ideology dressed up as a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yes but all of what you mention was carried out by individuals nothing to do with any political organisation.
    Really? Do you know the attackers behind all of these hate crime attacks and have full knowledge of their political affiliations or otherwise? Because unless you do, your statement above is pure fantasy.

Regardless of how minor it was it is still assault that caused bodily harm.
    Specifically, what 'bodily harm' arose from this incident?
    https://twitter.com/tvcritics/status/1146521032943185923?lang=en

Do you know what is even more dangerous? The open borders ideology which you promote. This ideology has caused terror attacks, the rape of young girls and other crime problems. Look at Rotherham, look at Paris, look at Cologne, look at Huddersfield and look at Malmo.
    Presumably, you've been hugely concerned for decades about the abusive Catholic ideology that cause the rape of mostly young boys, some young girls, some children being killed? Look at Letterfrack, look at Tuam, look at the parishes where priests were moved around to hide their offences. You really are concerned about rape and killing, right? Or is it just when brown people are involved?

The milkshake attacks were blantly supported by the vast majority of the unicorn brigade or whatever they like to call themselves which includes the likes of Leah Doherty, Izzy Kamikaze, Fiona O'Leary etc.

I haven't heard any support for crime coming from Gemma or her supporters. Yes I'm not denying the conspiracy theories but there isn't support for them from her or her supporters.
    Did you not hear Gemma herself calling chillingly on video for Fiona O'Leary to be 'dealt with for once and for all'? Or which of her supporters was it that called on them to bring hairspray (which with a lighter, becomes a handy portable flamethrower) to Saturday's event?

It seems like you have selective hearing.

Have you heard any of the corporation tax policies of the far left?

Up to your usual tricks I see. Posting dishonest strawman arguments.
    Later you will claim your questions were "unanswered".
    Well yea, cause you haven't answered my questions. You do that a lot.

Are you saying that the paper isn't fraudulent?
    If so, why was it so wrong that you, someone with no training or qualifications in sociology or any relevant fields can point out the problems in the paper (possibly without reading it.)?

Are you somehow better qualified and informed than the authors of the paper?

I assumed that such an idea was clearly ridiculous, hence I assumed that you were accusing them of fraud.

If neither of these things are the case, please explain why you believe. such an obviously false paper was published.

Islam in Europe literally predates both Protestantism and England as a nation.
    You posted links to a history of various bloody Islamic (attempted) invasions of Europe going back hundreds of years.

How does that help your case?
    All it does is remind those of us in northwestern parts of Europe what a debt of gratitude we owe to those in the east such as Hungary. The predecessors of Victor Orban and his countrymen have been at the front line for very many generations. We should show more respect for them and their acquired knowledge.

Giving examples of Islamic savagery which is what I do not want returning to Ireland. You've sort of shot yourself in the foot there. It is a barbaric ideology dressed up as a religion.
    lul wut?

You claimed that Islam didn't have a long history in Europe.
    These links show your comment to be profoundly ignorant.
    You are now trying to twist that into a win for yourself with some profoundly racist comments.

Would you like me to point to some of the savagery promoted by the much much more recent to Europe ideology or Protestantism or English Imperialism?

Are you saying that the paper isn't fraudulent?
    I am. Glad we cleared that up.

And just out of curiousity?
    What would you describe the crusades as?
    The northern crusades?
    The Hussite wars?
    The reformation conflicts?
    The 30yrs war?
    The colonization and Christianisation of the New World and the east?
    Peaceful prosytelization?

There is plenty of savagery to go around, and most of it was sanctioned by Rome.

You posted links to a history of various bloody Islamic (attempted) invasions of Europe going back hundreds of years.

How does that help your case?
    It shows the claim "Islam does not a long history in Europe" to be false and demonstrative of a profound ignorance of history.

Again, you guys trying to turn that into a point for your racism is very transparent and very silly.

I am. Glad we cleared that up.
    Ok, so why did the paper get published when it is so false that you can show it's false without having any qualifications and without reading the paper?

Did the writers or publishers somehow not realise the paper was flawed?

I asked this is my previous post, but again you avoided it.
    If there is an issue with this question, please explain.

• Advertisement

Would you like me to point to some of the savagery promoted by the much much more recent to Europe ideology or Protestantism or English Imperialism?
    Which reminds me, I asked a while ago where was the evidence that Gemma was anti-British?
    Now you're going on a bigoted sectarian rant yourself. You just can't help yourself, can you?

As I suspected, the finger was being pointed in completely the wrong direction. The real haters are down at Google HQ today.

Advertisement