Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    EPRC might just go behind doors as they cannot cancel the game as nowhere else to play it

A member of either squad/staff get infected and all bets are off though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Unless they want to totally cancel the season then closed door games are the only option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The should just award to the team that came out number 1 from the groups

Who was that again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭KH25

Pro14 has been suspended anyway. You’d have to assume the Heineken cup is next.

awec wrote: »
    Unless they want to totally cancel the season then closed door games are the only option.

Between the two teams, coaches, medics, referee's, facilities and the variety of other people who need to be in attendance at these things I'd say that 100 person limit would be in a spot of bother!

No sports are happening probably for a few months, been clear as day this is where things were headed. I'm amazed the six nations is going ahead on Saturday. Utterly reckless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Just got a note to my club from the IRFU - All rugby in Ireland suspended until after March 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Between the two teams, coaches, medics, referee's, facilities and the variety of other people who need to be in attendance at these things I'd say that 100 person limit would be in a spot of bother!

No sports are happening probably for a few months, been clear as day this is where things were headed. I'm amazed the six nations is going ahead on Saturday. Utterly reckless.

Switch the game back to RDS if behind closed doors. Outdoor is 500 as it stands

If the season is over at least Leinster can be very proud of their final performance. The quality of rugby on display against Glasgow was really something - it was a pretty complete exhibition from a very young team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Training suspended now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

If the season is over at least Leinster can be very proud of their final performance. The quality of rugby on display against Glasgow was really something - it was a pretty complete exhibition from a very young team.

I rewatched it last night. Fantastic performance.

• Advertisement

Based on the rugby played by Leinster in both the Pro14 and the HC if season is over they should be awarded both trophies

No other team came close to them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

This will hit the IRFU finances, and couldn't come at a worse time for Leinster.

But - I am very glad the players are getting some time off, long ****ing season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Former player watch: Ian Madigan has signed for Ulster on a year deal for next season. Will be good to see him back in the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

How long before the squad is updated for next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭durthacht

Dubinusa wrote: »
    How long before the squad is updated for next season?

At this stage, who knows when next season is going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Former player watch: Ian Madigan has signed for Ulster on a year deal for next season. Will be good to see him back in the RDS.

Hope it works out for him, never really has since he left Leinster from a rugby point of view.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Hope it works out for him, never really has since he left Leinster from a rugby point of view.

Should be an excellent signing for Ulster and a great move for Madigan personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I wonder if management would have decided the fate of the 3rd year academy lads? It is possible that they weren't exposed enough to make a decision?

• Advertisement

Seasons over.

Seasons over.

Think so. Or else the summer tours will get canned to complete them

https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/status/1239625580615794691?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I wonder if we'll see any lads who were thinking about retiring stay on for another year now due to the unforeseen rest period and the fact their final season was cut short despite going so well.

I wonder if we'll see any lads who were thinking about retiring stay on for another year now due to the unforeseen rest period and the fact their final season was cut short despite going so well.

I'd say like everyone they are waiting to see what way the world is in six weeks before making any long term plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The decision to postpone/cancel is absolutely the right one. People's lives are far more important than sport. It's a shame for this Leinster squad though. I'm convinced that would have done the League and European double this season. Been playing magnificent rugby since the season began. I think that may have been the peak of this particular side too. Fardy, Sexton, Toner etc are all brilliant players, but getting in a bit now. May have seen the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Minuscule silver lining, but might it convince the IRFU to give Fardy another year?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Seasons over.

13 out of 13 in the Pro14 and 6 out of 6 in the Heineken....the season was over already :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Minuscule silver lining, but might it convince the IRFU to give Fardy another year?

Or they may need to cut costs

Neil3030 wrote: »

Doubt it unfortunately

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Or they may need to cut costs

This is the big issue now but having sold land for 27m last year I think IRFU will be ok at least for now.

WRU took ticket money from all welsh clubs at 2pm on friday and then PP the game at 2.15.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement