Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

FrannoFan wrote: »
    There is a super loose head coming out of school this year.

He is yet to turn 18..he won't be playing for Leinster next seasonm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭typhoony

There is a super loose head coming out of school this year.

which school does he play for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

He is yet to turn 18..he won't be playing for Leinster next seasonm

No, but a bit of joined up thinking would suggest keep a tight head there if it is his best position. some of the player changing around has backfired for me. i really liked Porter as a loose head. Granted he is excellent tight head as well but i feel he was a bit more dynamic at loose head before the extra weight for tight head was put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

No, but a bit of joined up thinking would suggest keep a tight head there if it is his best position. some of the player changing around has backfired for me. i really liked Porter as a loose head. Granted he is excellent tight head as well but i feel he was a bit more dynamic at loose head before the extra weight for tight head was put on.

Has Porter not lost weight since u20?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Has Porter not lost weight since u20?

Porter currently tipping the scales at about 125kgs.

While not impossible, I would be extremely suprised if he was heavier than that as a 19/20 year old.

More likely that 3-4 years of full time elite conditioning has changed his physique as opposed to gaining/ losing weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Porter currently tipping the scales at about 125kgs.

While not impossible, I would be extremely suprised if he was heavier than that as a 19/20 year old.

More likely that 3-4 years of full time elite conditioning has changed his physique as opposed to gaining/ losing weight

I was sure someone said on here he had deliberately lost weight since going pro, here he is U20, he kinda does look to be carrying more weight, but I could be wrong.

INPHO_01098063.jpg

It's not terribly important anyway I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I was sure someone said on here he had deliberately lost weight since going pro, here he is U20, he kinda does look to be carrying more weight, but I could be wrong.

INPHO_01098063.jpg

It's not terribly important anyway I guess

Think he was listed at 120 for the U20 world cup, which for his age was huge. He's definitely put on more muscle compared to sheer mass since those days though.

Think he was listed at 120 for the U20 world cup, which for his age was huge. He's definitely put on more muscle compared to sheer mass since those days though.

He's leaner for sure.

First time I saw him up close in person was a pre season match in Donnybrook around two and a half years ago and he was as wide as he was tall. Unbelievable size for his age and at first glance I thought we had signed a 27 year old South African prop on the qt.

He's fitter now than then and earlier this season he played a full 80 minutes for Leinster and was still putting in heaps of work in the final 10 which I don't think he would have managed a season or two ago.

There is a compelling argument to having a look at him at loosehead for Leinster. I'm a big fan of Healy but he struggled for Ireland in the opening three fixtures. He's been good this season for Leinster and looks to have developed his game around a more fluid and mobile type of rugby but he seems to have lost a bit of power and this has been shown up in both the Scottish and English games.

Going up against an all or nothing Saracens we could maybe use the extra raw strength that Porter brings and then you bring Healy on at a point in the game where the current strength of his game will add the most value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Guess that's retirement (or else departing Leinster ) pretty much announced?

https://twitter.com/KearneyRob/status/1235204727396339712?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

The kickoff time for the next match please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

antietam1 wrote: »
    The kickoff time for the next match please.

Leinster fixtures....

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hype101

Actually about halfway to SA right about now and having a little internet trouble, but thanks a bunch anyway.

Actually about halfway to SA right about now and having a little internet trouble, but thanks a bunch anyway.

But not so much trouble you could check and post on Boards.ie :pac::pac::pac:

But not so much trouble you could check and post on Boards.ie :pac::pac::pac:

Even on boards.ie I was getting weird error messages and the phone won't accept the internet here in the apartments.
    Anyway didn't know the match was a secret and mums the word for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Even on boards.ie I was getting weird error messages and the phone won't accept the internet here in the apartments.
    Anyway didn't know the match was a secret and mums the word for now.
    I think the point is that a quick google search for "leinster fixtures" would get you the answer a lot quicker. With a lot less bandwidth overhead.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I think the point is that a quick google search for "leinster fixtures" would get you the answer a lot quicker. With a lot less bandwidth overhead.

I get the point and the broadband has been sorted this end, I also wanted to discuss where I was going to watch the match.
    Anyway shant trouble you lot again.

I get the point and the broadband has been sorted this end, I also wanted to discuss where I was going to watch the match.
    Anyway shant trouble you lot again.

People (including myself) were clearly busting chops :pac:

And if you wanted to discuss the match next time I suggest saying something along the lines of: "I want to discuss where I will watch the match"

Expecting an answer to a question you didn't ask is a small bit unreasonable no?

But exiling yourself based on a few tongue in cheek responses is certainly another approach!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

In former player watch, Sean O'Brien is due to make his Premiership debut tomorrow for London Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭clsmooth

In former player watch, Sean O'Brien is due to make his Premiership debut tomorrow for London Irish.

Hope he has a cracker and comes through unscathed. Came across really well on the House of Rugby Podcast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

With the impending lack of rugby over the next few weeks, are there any nice rumours floating around regarding who’s arriving or leaving Leinster ahead of next season?

The most obvious high profile name to depart will probably be Rob Kearney, and I know Bryan Byrne has also confirmed that he’s leaving irrespective of his loan with Bristol. There seems to be talk of a top quality LH coming in, but I haven’t heard any names so it’s hard to determine if this is just speculation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

With the impending lack of rugby over the next few weeks, are there any nice rumours floating around regarding who’s arriving or leaving Leinster ahead of next season?

The most obvious high profile name to depart will probably be Rob Kearney, and I know Bryan Byrne has also confirmed that he’s leaving irrespective of his loan with Bristol. There seems to be talk of a top quality LH coming in, but I haven’t heard any names so it’s hard to determine if this is just speculation!

I don't see why the union would move away from their 'no NIE props' policy. It's worked a treat since 2012. And project players are a less attractive option now that they take five years to qualify. It'd be difficult to find a project player on the level of Dooley, Byrne and Milne anyway, I'd say. Better just to back them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's going to be difficult to keep everyone happy so Leinster may need to go shopping simply to replace someone. At LH you have Healy who is 32, Bent who turns 34 next month, Dooley at 25 and Byrne at 26. If Dooley or Byrne receive good offers I could see them leaving.

It's going to be difficult to keep everyone happy so Leinster may need to go shopping simply to replace someone. At LH you have Healy who is 32, Bent who turns 34 next month, Dooley at 25 and Byrne at 26. If Dooley or Byrne receive good offers I could see them leaving.

Bent hasn't lined up at Loosehead in years and wouldn't really be a viable option there.

I think there is plenty of game time available for both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Dont remember him, was he an academy lad

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Dooley has stepped up big-time recently. He'll be eyeing the starting jersey imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Good article on Barry Daly today in the Irish Times about his injuries, challenges and return to rugby.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro14/barry-daly-due-a-break-from-fickle-fate-as-he-looks-forward-1.4194295

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Leinster will have to go to SA fully loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Leinster trip to SA may not happen as I'm hearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I wonder is there scope to move the end of season interpros forward and free up that weekend if games are going to start getting cancelled for travel reasons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement