Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Here's the full list anyway

Leinster new senior contracts 2019/20:

Bryan Byrne
    Jack Conan
    Max Deegan
    Scott Fardy
    Ciarán Frawley
    Jamison Gibson-Park
    Cian Healy
    Robbie Henshaw
    Dave Kearney
    Hugo Keenan
    Cian Kelleher
    Rónan Kelleher
    Dan Leavy
    Fergus McFadden
    Luke McGrath
    Josh Murphy
    Conor O’Brien
    Jimmy O’Brien
    Hugh O’Sullivan
    Scott Penny
    Johnny Sexton.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Rob not listed as retained or leaving......

Saw that - I wonder what's going on....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SuperCet

Centrally contracted until the end of the RWC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah i'd say Rob is finished with Leinster, contracted with Ireland until end of WC :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

SuperCet wrote: »
    Centrally contracted until the end of the RWC

And the fact he has neither renewed with LR or IRFU at this point means he is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

troyzer wrote: »
    Penny already promoted to the senior squad?

Has that ever happened before? He did his leaving cert less than a year ago.....
    Adam Byrne was younger again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

If Rob goes out on that champions cup final fair play to him. Most defenders beaten on the pitch. One deadly break. He had a decent game iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Does that imply that Sexton is off a central contract? Seems a bit premature given that no one is close to challenging him yet for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Does that imply that Sexton is off a central contract? Seems a bit premature given that no one is close to challenging him yet for Ireland.

He is on central contract till 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Foxtrol wrote: »

No. Healys contract with the IRFU was renewed and he is also on that list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

troyzer wrote: »
    Penny already promoted to the senior squad?

Has that ever happened before? He did his leaving cert less than a year ago.....

Conway was the same I think. Fitzgerald was young as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Dave and Ferg both retained, seem to remember a lot saying at least one and possibly both leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

salmocab wrote: »
    Dave and Ferg both retained, seem to remember a lot saying at least one and possibly both leaving.

I think with Kelleher arriving the assumption was someone must be going in the back 3 area. Looks like it's Handsome Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

Loads of gaps... No furlong/ Ryan?

Was convinced Ferg was going alright. The fact that even the supporters club released a legend t-shirt for him a couple of weeks after Toners screamed he wasn't going to be around much longer.

I think they're both the sort of players we need at the club so am delighted they're recontracted.

dubal wrote: »
    Loads of gaps... No furlong/ Ryan?

Furlong signed a three year deal last year, James Ryan the year before that.

This list is just renewals this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I think we'll thump Glasgow at the weekend convincingly. They don't have a pack that can live with our unit of forwards and that will be the game.

Oops, I wouldn't take them lightly. They are a very good side. We are on our 3rd battle in 3 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Dave is a quality player and only 29. He just had a terrible run of injuries. He looks to be gone past those injuries and has played well all season when brought in....never let the side down. Also can cover a number of position.....huge experience for the Pro 14 games

Same with Ferg, alot of injuries but huge experience and can play a number of positions. Was the form player last year till the tackle in semi took him out, otherwise he would have travelled to Oz....he would bring huge experience to a young backline if required.....he is 32 so he will probably leave next year....sorry cut that, he could play 12 and carry on for a few more seasons

Was convinced Ferg was going alright. The fact that even the supporters club released a legend t-shirt for him a couple of weeks after Toners screamed he wasn't going to be around much longer.

I think they're both the sort of players we need at the club so am delighted they're recontracted.

Ah you can’t honestly have thought the supporters club had any inside knowledge on anything like contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Wonder where Kearney and Nagle will go?
    Jack Kelly didn't make the cut. Great to see young lads promoted. It seems we are short in the 2nd row? Maybe we'll sign Dave Foley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Jack Kelly didn't make the cut. Great to see young lads promoted. It seems we are short in the 2nd row? Maybe we'll sign Dave Foley?

I'd be disgusted if we signed Foley or any lock who is merely going to take game time away from the younger players coming through.

Guys that have played lock for us this season and will be here next:

Devin Toner, James Ryan, Scott Fardy, Ross Molony, Josh Murphy, Ryan Baird, Jack Dunne. We also have Charlie Ryan who is captaining the Ireland U20 team at the JWC this summer.

I don't think we've ever had such a promising list of players in the second row on our books.

Short in the 2nd row? We’re only losing Kearney as Nagle was already gone. Young lads will be more than enough replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think Hooker is our medium term risk, really need Kelleher to come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Leinster arent short anyone in row. 7/8 players in senior set up even with 2 gone to world cup thats more than enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Think Leinster were looking for a player to replace McFadden and couldnt because Kearney decided to leave. I'd much rather keep Kearney over McFadden.

Ah you can’t honestly have thought the supporters club had any inside knowledge on anything like contracts.

No I absolutely don't. It just seemed rushed and was unusual.

Put it this way, if it turned out he was leaving or retiring, I'd have said, it was a small indication. Given that he isn't, it's a whole lot of nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Rob not listed as retained or leaving......

Moving onto the coaching panel. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

So much for Dave showing solidarity with the brother. The 2 of them should have trashed the place, keyed Leo's car, burnt down the old stand in the RDS and kicked Lancaster up the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Is there any evidence to suggest that a big French team might even want him? Rob has been great for Leinster and Ireland but he's always been a limited player best deployed by a coach who values his world class defensive skills.

He's not big or fast and he's hardly flash. He's also had a few wobbles with form and fitness this year. We sort of assume that he'll get offers but there's enough reason to think he wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Correct - the t shirts are not based on anything like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement