Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭PMC83

Would still love to see Adam Byrne get another go. He went off the boil a little last season but seemed to be back to his best before the last injury. Also Niyi Adeolokun? Felt like he would have had a lot to offer on the wing. but again injury's slowing him down..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PMC83 wrote: »
    Would still love to see Adam Byrne get another go. He went off the boil a little last season but seemed to be back to his best before the last injury. Also Niyi Adeolokun? Felt like he would have had a lot to offer on the wing. but again injury's slowing him down..

You'd assume he's in competition now with Kelleher and D. Kearney for that 14 jersey. He had a weird season being completely MIA during the first part and a strong enough second half until injury.

Definitely worth more time and development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭PMC83

Yeah, Dave K seems to be back into some form in fairness. Hard to gauge what Kelleher will bring. Saw bits and pieces of him over his time out west, a solid squad player but never set the world a light. You've have to see Kearney or Byrne automatically starting ahead of him in Europe? Then theres Barry as well, if fit..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kevyg

Is the game on Saturday clashing with any other big sporting events. On my hols in the canaries and if there is spud ball or footie on it can be hard to find a TV that's showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

kevyg wrote: »
    Is the game on Saturday clashing with any other big sporting events. On my hols in the canaries and if there is spud ball or footie on it can be hard to find a TV that's showing it.

The English football season is over anyway, not sure about anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Copa Del Ray final is on Saturday at 8pm, so if you're in the Canaries a lot of places might choose to show the build up for it rather than the Pro14 but you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

new jersey of some sort being launched 3 weeks today apparently, FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Ask them to throw on TG4!

mystic86 wrote: »

Yeah, apparently they are taking a lot longer than Munster's because of all the extra stars.

mystic86 wrote: »

Yeah, apparently they are taking a lot longer than Munster's because of all the extra stars.

I wonder if they'll centre them properly or just leave them as is

• Advertisement

troyzer wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll centre them properly or just leave them as is

Last year was disgraceful enough. I'd be shocked if Leinster let them away with that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Hearing Handsome Rob may be staying on for 1 more season

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I think that makes sense tbh. Hes still the best FB in both the Leinster and Ireland set-ups. This gives us an extra year to ensure proper succession in both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Am I right in saying that since 2009 there’s only been two league finals leinster haven’t contested? They lost 3 in a row mostly after euro finals then won two. Didn’t play the next year then lost to Connacht. Lost the semi then won last year and now this year. Or am I forgetting a year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Last year was disgraceful enough. I'd be shocked if Leinster let them away with that again.

:confused:

Disgraceful? Leinster letting them away with it? The jerseys were produced well before the final and adding the fourth star was done post production. Leinster are involved in the design process so as much on them as Adidas for it being off centre. No matter what adding a 4th star to a jersey that had already been designed/produced was going to be difficult, it was hardly that big a deal and was a very good problem to have.

kmart6 wrote: »

Disgraceful? Leinster letting them away with it? The jerseys were produced well before the final and adding the fourth star was done post production. Leinster are involved in the design process so as much on them as Adidas for it being off centre. No matter what adding a 4th star to a jersey that had already been designed/produced was going to be difficult, it was hardly that big a deal and was a very good problem to have.

I quite liked it to be honest. I actually brought a few packets of star stickers to Newcastle hoping to dish them out to fans, there already being a perfect spot for it.

I still have the stickers, maybe in Marseille......

Yeah it was. It wouldn't happen to a football team, I can guarantee that. Given that the jersey came four months after they got the fourth star, there was plenty of time to make it work.

At worst, they should have produced the jerseys with no stars and applied them all post final.

Yeah it was. It wouldn't happen to a football team, I can guarantee that. Given that the jersey came four months after they got the fourth star, there was plenty of time to make it work.

At worst, they should have produced the jerseys with no stars and applied them all post final.

I think you're missing the point that Leinster would have signed off on this.

It was a **** up but Leinster share equal blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Johnny back.
    Moloney back on the bench. Fards starts in the second row.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

15. Rob Kearney (209)
    14. Jordan Larmour (38)
    13. Garry Ringrose (64)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (36)
    11. James Lowe (29)
    10. Johnny Sexton (159) CAPTAIN
    9. Luke McGrath (112)
    1. Cian Healy (207)
    2. Seán Cronin (172)
    3. Tadhg Furlong (101)
    4. Scott Fardy (43)
    5. James Ryan (30)
    6. Rhys Ruddock (160)
    7. Josh van der Flier (72)
    8. Jack Conan (88)

16. Bryan Byrne (41)
    17. Ed Byrne (44)
    18. Andrew Porter (52)
    19. Ross Molony (81)
    20. Max Deegan (45)
    21. Nick McCarthy (35)
    22. Ross Byrne (70)
    23. Rory O’Loughlin (61)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

As good a team as possible. I hope Deegan and Bryne get some decent time.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Delighted to see Ross Molony in there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I feel real sorry for JGP. I actually think he'd have had a chance to put his hand up for Ireland warm up games, but injuries and Kolpak have completely frozen him out of these games.

Relatively green bench but a very strong starting XV. Delighted for Moloney, I think hes pushed on a but this season after his development stalled a little last season. I reckon we should win this of we've managed to keep guys fresh enough. I just dont see Glasgow living with our pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

molloyjh wrote: »
    Relatively green bench but a very strong starting XV. Delighted for Moloney, I think hes pushed on a but this season after his development stalled a little last season. I reckon we should win this of we've managed to keep guys fresh enough. I just dont see Glasgow living with our pack.

VDF to haunt Adam Hastings is this game in a nutshell for me. Up in his face at speed all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Is Tracey injured or has Byrne been selected ahead of him?

Sangre wrote: »
    Is Tracey injured or has Byrne been selected ahead of him?

He was fit last weekend anyway. Was out warming up with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

errlloyd wrote: »
    I feel real sorry for JGP. I actually think he'd have had a chance to put his hand up for Ireland warm up games, but injuries and Kolpak have completely frozen him out of these games.

I think he's in with a real shout next season of winning the starting jersey once the Kolpak rule is out of the equation. Not sure if he'd have been in the squad for the warmup games though considering we'll have Marmion and Cooney both looking to get game time before Japan, and also Blade is really pushing Marmion for the starting spot in Connacht this season

troyzer wrote: »
    I think you're missing the point that Leinster would have signed off on this.

It was a **** up but Leinster share equal blame.

Well if Leinster had an equal share, then yes share it.

But if it was down to Adidas, then it was a disgrace.

We'll never know.

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    15. Rob Kearney (209)
    14. Jordan Larmour (38)
    13. Garry Ringrose (64)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (36)
    11. James Lowe (29)
    10. Johnny Sexton (159) CAPTAIN
    9. Luke McGrath (112)
    1. Cian Healy (207)
    2. Seán Cronin (172)
    3. Tadhg Furlong (101)
    4. Scott Fardy (43)
    5. James Ryan (30)
    6. Rhys Ruddock (160)
    7. Josh van der Flier (72)
    8. Jack Conan (88)

16. Bryan Byrne (41)
    17. Ed Byrne (44)
    18. Andrew Porter (52)
    19. Ross Molony (81)
    20. Max Deegan (45)
    21. Nick McCarthy (35)
    22. Ross Byrne (70)
    23. Rory O’Loughlin (61)

No Sean O'Brien swansong but in fairness, he hasn't been good enough for selection.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement