Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

If Molony's out we'll probably see Ruddock starting at 6 but also being there for lock cover. Doris and Deegan as bench options at 19 & 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah Molony is fit judging by the full injury update after the part on Dev;

"Josh van der Flier will be available after coming through his return from a groin injury with no issues.

There is no further injury update on Joe Tomane (hamstring), Barry Daly (collarbone), Mick Kearney (shoulder), Dan Leavy (knee) and Adam Byrne (quad)."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Looks like there should be a good crowd there anyway, most of the stadium sold out. It's a terrible look for these games to have big patches of empty seats.

I'm not sure there will be many of us there. There are still alot, if not most of the Leinster allocation available. With the state of the flights and cost to get over, its ruling a lot of people out. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Same day flights went up with FR earlier for €230 odd, you can still fly to Edinburgh and out home from Glasgow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

There seems to be some confusion as to whether Rob Kearney is fit or not. He was initially supposed to be fine but I've seen some contradictory reports. Anyway, if he's fit he'll come back in; Dave played well on Saturday but not well enough to keep Rob out IMO.

Healy Cronin Furlong
    Fardy Toner
    Ruddock Conan VDF
    McGrath Sexton
    Lowe Henshaw Ringrose Larmour/DK
    RK/Larmour

Byrne Byrne Porter Deegan SOB McCarthy Byrne O'Loughlin

Good team, if they have the energy for it. Glasgow will be well rested after a week off and then a gentle massage from Ulster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The time of the game makes same day very difficult. You wont be out of the stadium until at least 9, so you have to fly out of Glasgow where there are limited options. None of which are cheap. Supporters have already shelled out for at least 3 knock out games as well as in many cases a pricey trip to the HEC final. The money simply isn't there for many to fund another big game.

From my perspective, with a young kid and a wife who loves the game as much as I do we'd need to do an overnighter for it to be worthwhile. But we've our anniversary next week so cant be leaving the little one for 2 weekends in a row like that. So it's a day trip or nothing. Just checked return flights. €558 pp. That's just crazy money and theres no way we're spending over €1,000 just to get to Glasgow, nevermind the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Nigel Owens will referee the Pro 14 final. Tbh I'm not happy with that. Makes some awfully odd decisions these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Clegg wrote: »
    Nigel Owens will referee the Pro 14 final. Tbh I'm not happy with that. Makes some awfully odd decisions these days.

If he decides that Glasgow remind him of Treviso then it will be good for us....

If not it could be bad.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Backed up by Adamson and Lacey, I'd not be too confident in any of the decision making judging by their performances of last weekend.

Kearney is off to France next season apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Kearney is off to France next season apparently

Is this based on anything more than SOB's instagram story?

errlloyd wrote: »

Huge amount of whispers around the club for a long time he was going overseas......the SOB thing was way after they had started

Word of mouth. My source has been spot on in the past.

Fairly open secret.....I think he mentioned about maybe moving in interview at start of season

it would make sense, he has won everything with Leinster,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Fairly open secret.....I think he mentioned about maybe moving in interview at start of season

it would make sense, he has won everything with Leinster,

You'd expect to hear something this week. It seems strange that he'd go into his last ever Leinster game without any knowing it was.

troyzer wrote: »
    You'd expect to hear something this week. It seems strange that he'd go into his last ever Leinster game without any knowing it was.

Did ROG let people know?

Did ROG let people know?

No but I don't think he himself knew before that match, did he? Retiring is a bit different than moving club. Something which presumably is done already.

No but I don't think he himself knew before that match, did he? Retiring is a bit different than moving club. Something which presumably is done already.

Maybe he doesn't want a fuss. If he does leave/stay/retire he will tell people when he wants I guess. He has given enought to the club and won so much he can do what he wants :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I said a few days ago he may have an offer that’s based on the club n question getting promoted/not relegated.

Maybe he doesn't want a fuss. If he does leave/stay/retire he will tell people when he wants I guess. He has given enought to the club and won so much he can do what he wants :p

Of course, he owes nothing. I just thought for his own sake he might like a BIT of fuss. He's the most decorated player in the history of Irish rugby after all.

• Advertisement

Could be a requirement on the other side too.

The team he's going to may want confidentiality until a certain point.

Of course, he owes nothing. I just thought for his own sake he might like a BIT of fuss. He's the most decorated player in the history of Irish rugby after all.

I think the fear of a BOD send off is with some of these players!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Who would you prefer? Whitehouse? He was OK on Saturday in the Welsh play-off game, but can be a bit of a showboater! (Nigel lite!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Rob made a big deal back in the day about being a one club man. It's possible he doesn't want to make a fuss because he's not happy leaving or cause he's afraid fans will turn on him.

If what Seanie said about the crap salary he was offered is true Leinster are both;

1 absolutely ruthless
    2 absolutely correct

Rob made a big deal back in the day about being a one club man. It's possible he doesn't want to make a fuss because he's not happy leaving or cause he's afraid fans will turn on him.

If what Seanie said about the crap salary he was offered is true Leinster are both;

1 absolutely ruthless
    2 absolutely correct

Is Kearney on a central contract? We're losing a few players but nobody mega expensive. There haven't been any big signings either which is disappointing.

I imagine Ryan and VdF will be taken off the Leinster books after the world cup though. Maybe Ringrose as well if he isn't already?

Is Kearney on a central contract? We're losing a few players but nobody mega expensive. There haven't been any big signings either which is disappointing.

I imagine Ryan and VdF will be taken off the Leinster books after the world cup though. Maybe Ringrose as well if he isn't already?

Yep he's on a central contract.

1 absolutely ruthless
    2 absolutely correct
    b
    With SOB and Kearney recent injury history I think they may have got offered pay as you play deals. The IRFU would not be offering contracts so it would have to be from leinster. It wouldnt make sense to offer to the guys.

SOB stays and then Penney or someone will want out, whispers of Munster sniffing around VDF all year.

Kearney stays and then you could lose one of the younger players as well. Suddenly Larmour wants to be the starting 15 for all the big games....we seen what happened with Carberry.

It makes sense to let the guys move on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If he's leaving it won't officially come out this week- will be after the final.

I don't believe SOB was offered a deal as he actually wanted to stay.

Kearney, no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Kearney would've been coming off a fairly large central contract, and likely stepped down to a provincial one that would've been only a year or maybe two max. Which would make sense given his age profile.

I seriously doubt it was anything to do with "not wanting a send off" however. I'd imagine him/his agent are waiting to dot the t's and cross the i's with either his future club or still negotiating with the IRFU.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement