Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

eagerv wrote: »
    Mines the same, but what made me go out and have a look was wondering what the metal ring is for? Turns out it's only for lifting the pack out..:D

Don't know what the bar is for, but Bjorn could probably tell us.:rolleyes:

The metal ring thing is for pulling off the plastic caps on the wheel nuts. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Grand, a learning day for me. Also lifts out the pack nicely, it's sort of held in with a sort of velcro. At least shouldn't rattle..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think that's the tow kit. There's no spare tyre so no jacking to be done.

You should have a kit with a can of goo and a pump/compressor that plugs into the 12 V

That makes more sense :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Are you sure that's not for removing the centre cap. The one for removing the the nut protectors ;) is a plastic U shaped one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I did a scan there over obd and took screenshots of the long coding that are 'translated' not just bits.
    Hopefully they can be seen with this link, if not let me know.

http://imgur.com/a/Vlo6QPz

There's a few in there I'm interested in changing.
    There's also the external noise basic setting which looks like I've loads of options for different frequencies and waves :pac: must try find the most annoying one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

lafors wrote: »
    Are you sure that's not for removing the centre cap. The one for removing the the nut protectors ;) is a plastic U shaped one.

The centre cap on the alloys?

I don't have a U shaped plastic thing in my kit. All I have is the wire ring with a hook on it, that just happens to hook into the hole in the nut covers allowing easy removal.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

We finally received our ID.3 Max. The dealer installed 2.1 on it yesterday, done in one go, picked up today. Very lucky that it all went smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

rx8 wrote: »
    I "bought" the cubic telecom data package during the week. It's free for the first movers as far as I know...
    KCross wrote: »
    I was playing with that last week and setup the account with them but I didn’t see a free option in the plan list. Only paid options.
    No free option for me. I’ve sent them a support request I’ll see what they say.
    Let us know what they say as i don't get the option either.. that said, i'm sure we get 3 years free from memory but this is 'data' oriented so i would have expected some 'free' cap to be applied..
    Got first response already from CubicTelecom saying ID.3 is not entitled to it!

I’ve replied detailing that we are. I’ll keep hammering away at them.

Is there any link on VW website/brochure/etc saying first movers were entitled as I think the guy who replied won’t know what a “first mover” is.

To circle back on this....

Over and back with Cubic Telecom and VW Ireland. They initially pointed to each other. End result is that it was VW needed to resolve it.

Not sure why but my car, and probably yours too rocketspocket, were not enrolled for the free plan by default.

They added me, sent me an email to say it should be available now and to retry and sure enough it was!

Once I went to the vw.cubictelecom.com site there was a little banner at the top that said something like "click here to claim your free plan". I did that and then I had the ability to "buy" the free plan. Even got an invoice to say it was activated for the 90days and zero cost.

I am able to connect to the cars wifi and browse accordingly. Internet radio working also.

So, ultimately an email to VW Ireland was required to resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greenbin

Picked mine up from dealer yesterday evening after a 4 day stay for 2.1 update. No opportunity for a decent drive yet so no insight into any improvements. Tried a timed charge last night which didn’t work although might be Zappi related rather than a car issue. Got mudflaps fitted, hopefully reduce the tar spots on the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

To circle back on this....

Over and back with Cubic Telecom and VW Ireland. They initially pointed to each other. End result is that it was VW needed to resolve it.

Not sure why but my car, and probably yours too rocketspocket, were not enrolled for the free plan by default.

They added me, sent me an email to say it should be available now and to retry and sure enough it was!

Once I went to the vw.cubictelecom.com site there was a little banner at the top that said something like "click here to claim your free plan". I did that and then I had the ability to "buy" the free plan. Even got an invoice to say it was activated for the 90days and zero cost.

I am able to connect to the cars wifi and browse accordingly. Internet radio working also.

So, ultimately an email to VW Ireland was required to resolve it.

Thanks for this - i logged in & the banner appeared at the top of the page & i 'bought' the free plan - i'll head out to the car to see if internet radio is indeed working now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Looking for a bit of info on buying one of these, are they offering just a pcp finance deal?
    I would like to get a hp deal but i dont see any option. The car looks superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of info on buying one of these, are they offering just a pcp finance deal?
    I would like to get a hp deal but i dont see any option. The car looks superb.

They are offering 1 of 3 deals. Lease, PCP and HP.

The HP percent I think is 4.9% APR and then whatever they have for PCP (I think it’s 1.9%).

Anything you finance I always say calculate the final amount it will cost you in total (don’t look monthly, etc). It may be better to do PCP and then do HP at the end of the three years (it almost always is cheaper to do it that way). The negative being that the goal is to get you back into the dealership and sell you something else. But pick and plan and stick with it and you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Car let me down for the first time this morning, esp , autohold and front assist errors. Could not select drive. I didn't have time to wait 15mins for it to reset itself, I was already late So took the wife's car. When I got home car was fine again. I'm a little disappointed considering it's on 2.1. I have also noticed that the volume will only go down sometimes. Still, scraping the ice off the windscreen of my wife's car and freezing my nuts off for 20mins while it heated up was a nice reminder of how good preconditioning is! How's everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

McHonda wrote: »
    Car let me down for the first time this morning, esp , autohold and front assist errors. Could not select drive. I didn't have time to wait 15mins for it to reset itself, I was already late So took the wife's car. When I got home car was fine again. I'm a little disappointed considering it's on 2.1. I have also noticed that the volume will only go down sometimes. Still, scraping the ice off the windscreen of my wife's car and freezing my nuts off for 20mins while it heated up was a nice reminder of how good preconditioning is! How's everyone else getting on?

Electric drive error appeared last week just before I took off to Dublin and an intermittent “acc not available” error was back as well. Consumption figures were ok but % of battery used are a bit of a concern. My return trip from cork to Dublin used almost 98.4kWh over 532km (av consumption 18.5kWh/100km) but I used 226% of the battery which roughly gives 43.5kWh battery capacity. I know there are charging loses, heating during charging and probably cold battery at the start of the drive (temp dipped to 5.4 degC overnight) but it still doesn’t add up. Temperatures during the day we’re between 12 and 17.5 degC (even 20 degC in Dublin) and I drove between 110 and 120km/h gps for a few hours, fast charged 3 times at ionity so the battery should’ve been warm. I even got 98kW@16% at ionity kill west on the way back to Cork but even after that charging session my GOM @ 100% was ab 285km. Strangely enough the lowest range estimates were when the battery was close to full. The battery was recharged with ab 97.2kWh which is close enough to the 98.4kWh used (the last charge was done to 88% so the estimated charged amount at @ 60% would be lower than real one due to throttling of the charge ping rate at high SOC). Linky to data is here. Also, the buffer (distance to destination vs extra range) was diminishing at about 1km per 10km driven. I will monitor the consumption and GOM over next couple of weeks which will including another trip to Dublin on the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Now that RTÉ aren’t using DAB anymore I have to go into radio settings and turn the mode to FM only. Annoyingly I have to do this every time I drive as it won’t remember my preference. Any way around this?

I’m on the original software so maybe this has been fixed in v2.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Now that RTÉ aren’t using DAB anymore I have to go into radio settings and turn the mode to FM only. Annoyingly I have to do this every time I drive as it won’t remember my preference. Any way around this?

It doesn't seem to be resolved in version 2.1 either, very annoying.

Look what came in the post this morning...:)
    (I had asked for some when the car got its' update.)

YgLmQTc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

The issue is that RTE are still broadcasting with a placeholder signal on DAB (saying the station is closed) so the ID3 still thinks its a valid station- there is no option to override this.

What i've done to solve the issue is set the internet radio RTE channels as favourites..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

The issue is that RTE are still broadcasting with a placeholder signal on DAB (saying the station is closed) so the ID3 still thinks its a valid station- there is no option to override this.

What i've done to solve the issue is set the internet radio RTE channels as favourites..

Or just stop listening to RTE, ideal solution I think :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I've decided its time to change the eGolf - love the car, hate the restrictions with range. Was fine when working remotely and doing very little driving but when all opens up again, I'm back to useing the ICE for long spins and I really really hate driving it. Rang the VW garage where I bought it to get a proper quote for an ID3 (or Audi/Seat/Skoka under VW finance) and all salesmen are off until Monday? Never heard the like before. Going to ring others now. I presume with Volksvagen PCP I can buy in any VW garage? Any idea how this works?

Oldest is heading to UL in September (all going well) so could be frequent trips there which is a 250kms round trip for me. I was down that way with work yesterday and called into Birdhill to charge and neither CCS chargers were working - only Chademo. Thankfully I had plenty of range left and went to Limerick but if i hadn't I was in bother. This has happened too many times to me now so its either back to ICE or more range.

Willing to put up with the software issues for now as they will be sorted eventually, hopefully!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I've decided its time to change the eGolf - love the car, hate the restrictions with range. Was fine when working remotely and doing very little driving but when all opens up again, I'm back to useing the ICE for long spins and I really really hate driving it. Rang the VW garage where I bought it to get a proper quote for an ID3 (or Audi/Seat/Skoka under VW finance) and all salesmen are off until Monday? Never heard the like before. Going to ring others now. I presume with Volksvagen PCP I can buy in any VW garage? Any idea how this works?

Oldest is heading to UL in September (all going well) so could be frequent trips there which is a 250kms round trip for me. I was down that way with work yesterday and called into Birdhill to charge and neither CCS chargers were working - only Chademo. Thankfully I had plenty of range left and went to Limerick but if i hadn't I was in bother. This has happened too many times to me now so its either back to ICE or more range.

Willing to put up with the software issues for now as they will be sorted eventually, hopefully!!!

Might be worth asking after the ID4 and see what the monthlies would cost.

As others have noted, dealerships will tend to deal with customers in their own locality before they deal with customers elsewhere. It can be frustrating but unfortunately they're the ones holding the car keys

If you're in Dublin then you at least have 3 or 4 dealerships to choose from, other places have more limited options

If you're doing weekly or biweekly trips to Limerick you could look at the ID.3 Tour version which has the biger battery, 125kW charging and Travel Assist

There's also the ID.4 with the 77kWh battery, less efficient but plenty to space for carting a couple of weeks worth of dirty laundry and food to and from college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

On PCP you can buy anywhere. Any dealer would be able to buy out your existing PCP deal as a trade in.

I saw your post on Facebook about birdhill.
    Do you know what always works at birdhill? THe superchargers!!

That's the thing, software issues might get sorted and might not, they might fix one thing and mess up another or lots more.

Can you live with the touchscreen while driving ? my advice is to take a good test drive.

That's the thing, software issues might get sorted and might not, they might fix one thing and mess up another or lots more.

Can you live with the touchscreen while driving ? my advice is to take a good test drive.

Some of us have been lucky with the software, me being one of them.
    I find the touchscreen good now, perhaps a little slow when cold, but otherwise no problems.

549463.png

ELM327 wrote: »
    On PCP you can buy anywhere. Any dealer would be able to buy out your existing PCP deal as a trade in.

I saw your post on Facebook about birdhill.
    Do you know what always works at birdhill? THe superchargers!!

True, was a tesla happily charging away there yesterday.

Slave1 here is a friend of mine and has been on to me to buy a tesla for a while. Out of my budget for now unfortunately.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Might be worth asking after the ID4 and see what the monthlies would cost.

Love the ID4, friend has just got his and really like it, but the smaller car will do me fine. I've only 2 kids (15 & 18) so ID3 is big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I have 2.1 now for a couple of weeks. I haven't driven very much but I still have a few problems.

The first is the e-sim not connecting. This is particularly annoying as it takes longer to boot while trying to connect. It freezes the gps on the last connected point so gives random speed limit and front assist warnings as it doesn't know where it is. I've tried pulling the fuse but I'd rather not have to. Yesterday for example I got in the car, drove 5 mins to centra, all good. Spent 10 minutes in the shop and the car lost connection. Drove 5 minutes home with no connection, left it for 30 minutes or so, sat back in and it was connected again.

The headlight setting for driving on the left still doesn't seem to hold the setting for me.

The on/off button for the climate control is still the wrong way round, i.e. lit up when it's off. VW probably call this a feature.

I've seen two ID4s on the road in the last few days. Must have a look in their thread to see how it's going.

• Advertisement

Love the ID4, friend has just got his and really like it, but the smaller car will do me fine. I've only 2 kids (15 & 18) so ID3 is big enough.

Both the ID.3 58kWh and ID.4 77kWh should be able to get there and back with a single recharge, so range wise you're grand either way

If you've no need for the size of the ID.4 then the ID.3 58kWh is probably the best option for your money

Advertisement