Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tusk wrote: »
    I need to assess my feelings. I'm all over the shop since Fixxxer turned up green and Ecto went byebye.

I honestly am super weary of everyone except QB at this stage.

WW is a game epitimized by the slogan of one man

Stone Cold Steve Austin is that man and the slogan DTA Don't Trust Anyone
    tumblr_nqujgh6nAI1r1x3klo1_500.gif

Focusing more on who I suspect than who is fully trustworthy myself. The potentially trustworthy ones won't mind much once they aren't being classified as more likely wolfy.

ISO OF KOLIDO DAY PHASE ONE

This is the first quote from Kolido since whiplashy munch. He doesn’t acknowledge her death at all but replies to a fluffy post from fixxxer. Skunk also add to convo.
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Oh my god, I thought this was a slow burn.
    Kolido wrote: »
    It is if you consider how many posts per hour there have been on average. If you're just starting to read it now it will seem like a lot though.
    TheSkunk wrote: »
    Poor Whip, what a grim way to go :(

Pter I completely read this wrong, forgot you weren’t a mod and thought you were telling everyone to placehold Andy. Thought Jesus that doesn’t seem fair :pac:

It is a lot but I think it will be good to have a fresh pair of eyes going over everything, sometimes you pick up on things others don’t because they’re live in the moment.

Barney gives summary of whiplashy posts (I’ve deleted what’s not relevant) Kolido does not acknowledge Barney mentioning the shade (actually he never does all barneys game)
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Throws some early shade at Kolido. Kolido doesn't react to it. Potentially because they are a wolf but possibly more due to it being in jest (based on the emoji).

Maybe the wolves went for her because they didn't buy her needing someone clever than her shtick.

So in all she throws early shade on Kolido who doesn't react. Could be a wolf trying to ignore such an early accusation and keep the head down. She also think sKeith is village. I'd find it hard to believe that Keith munched one of those who said on thread they believed him so that has me leaning good on Keith (could have been overruled by other wolves of course, or I could just be wrong). If skunk does happen to be a wolf then there may be a link to dublinandy but who knows.

Tusk throws soft shade on Kolido
    I'm only here in the thread at the moment :eek: Though my initial thoughts to this point are as follows.

SK is so defensive that it's almost as if he's playing like a villager who wants to trick people into thinking he's a wolf... I'm not experienced so I don't know if this is a thing, but my gut tells me something weird is afoot.

Skunk seems to be in a similar boat to me, but again gut is pointing me down the wolf direction.

I also feel a bit weary of Kolido, though why that is I'm not sure.

I won't post any more thoughts until I'm fully up to date on the thread.

Gets excuses in for not reading back and investigating
    I will be going down the straight forward route tomorrow with voting. No role hunting by the wolves here so less likely they will shade others. I'd be looking at those who have not thrown accusations around thus far.

I need to look back but I dont have time now.

Keith’s read list (I’ve reduced the size of it)
    sKeith wrote: »

very slight inkling of wolf equity

Kolido - shader
    Loughc - shader
    Triceratops Ballet - she says she has to watch what she says, nothing further
    kitten_k - very defensive, skims thread.
    Ectoplasm - has a long list that SM is top of , but when asked can't produce any list.

leaning wolf

TheSkunk - Liked there OP more than most, sk v duffman. troubled re my lock clear. provides excuses for absence that nobody cares about. Still, wants to know why lock clear. seems to misunderstand shade vs picking apart peoples posts. Yeah, making a new grade for this one. leaning wolf.

The Dead

Whiplashy (Villa) - jokes that kolido is a wolf.

Jokey post regarding Keith’s full list no questions for Keith though regarding his place still on the list.
    Or I might be lazy and turn Keithy's note upside down and work of that, cheers pal.

Pter thoughts are Kolido possibly a loud wolf no response from Kolido.
    Pter wrote: »
    Thoughts on what? On everyone?

My thoughts are i think Dublinandy is a wolf being guided by wolf buddies. I think those off the cuff posts have been screened by his wolf buddies.

Other than that, I think the rest of team wolf consist of one loud wolf and one quiet wolf.

Loud wolves are most likely G&R, sKeith, Kolido or BH.

BH is one to watch as he is a smooth customer and will pitch in without actually ruffling any feathers. sK and Kolido is just based off both of them being fairly cock sure and calm about their own innocence re: wolfdom. G&R, you go on the list because you too are too smooth a customer for my liking, and you bear watching.

Quiet wolves could be Digi, Crosstown, Succubus or Clara. Maybe Lough too.

But yeah, those are the only hunches i have because work is mental, so i am going on gut reads rather than in depth post analysis, tbh.

Ecto has Kolido as wolf but once again he doesn’t engage in a poster who is calling him out.
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    So I've done my reads - a bit later than planned but this is where I'm at right now.
    For my current #FFA it's my top 3 wolfiest, G & R, Kolido and Tusk but still another day to lynch so this could and likely will change.

Kolido Why would 1st munch be most telling of the game? Setting village up to read more into it than necessary? Slight wolf.

Current Order
    Green & Red Wolfiest
    Kolido
    Tusk
    Tritium
    Kitten K
    Strawbs
    Duffman
    fixxer
    Dandy
    Skeith Neutralish
    TB
    QB
    Clarabel
    Skunk
    Barney
    Bounty Hunter
    Pter
    Me Villageriest

succubus Not enough to go on really
    CTK
    Lough C
    Digi

Footie posts again
    Dont know about you lot but Im shatter after all that. I'll never sleep now.
    kitten_k wrote: »
    I’m not even a Liverpool fan and my nerves were gone! What a birthday present for you K!

First read of the game from Kolido but he’s using Keith’s list. But he hasn’t actually given any reads 2 from his list now dead villagers. Knows loughc is quiet so says he’d lynch him before Keith but covers the he could change his mind option too.
    Well as I said, doing my reads of Keithys list.

Keithy - why is a nrv trying to clear themselves so much in a game with no roled vils. How many times have you posted that list with you lock clear, thats the first thing I see. I can see through your big wolfy eyes

So if Keithy is a wolf, he will likely tarnish another member, step right up Lough.

Chances are a rather new player will be wolf number 3. What ya think Clarebel?

FFA#1

Keith
    Lough
    Clarebel

I would keep Keith around for his wolf input, voting Lough atm.

Village lean going on above analysis, pter, bh, lady Skunk.
    FTR

Voted Lough @ 8.38 cet.
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Be more interested to see if LoughC gets modkilled for missing votes or if he shows up by the skin of his teeth.
    There has been no voting yet. If he is a wolf he will likely get at vote in at least, Im subject to change on him so will see if he shows up later.

Sorry, I’m not cutting and pasting this below the rest of kolido FFA convo. I call out Kolido and he’s only one on my ffa. First time he engages in a convo about whiplashy calling him wolf post even though Barney had mentioned it previously.
    Right, Im going off the theory that there is at least a wolf in the first half of players to post (11). Pter was no12 so hes in the middle and whiplashy was the beginning of the second half of posters. So, the lucky 11 are -

Kolido
    QB
    Fixxxer
    Loughc
    Green&Red
    DublinAndy
    Strawberry
    Kitten k
    Tritium
    Triceratops
    Barney

Whiplashy & Kolido - whips 1st post she calls Kolido a wolf for being first to post on thread. It reads like its in jest (has smiley face) but Kolido doesnt acknowledge it in any way. Later, Kolido asks whip has she caught up on thread. She thanks his post and responds that she has. End of interactions.

Whiplashy & QB - no interactions.

Whiplashy & fixxxer - no interactions

Whiplashy & Loughc - no interactions

Whiplashy & Green - no direct interactions. TB asks whether the new/newish players are male or female. Green answers on behalf of clarabel and whippy saying he thinks they are ladies.

Whiplashy & DubAndy - no direct interaction. Tritium makes a post re skunk which Andy disagrees with but whiplashy agrees with.

Whiplashy & Strawbs - whiplashy asks who left to post and strawbs provides the info. Post thanks by whiplashy.

Whiplashy & Kitten k - no interactions.

Whiplashy & Tritium - Trit says a post by skunk is odd and whiplashy responds saying she agrees with Trit and it has spiked her interest. Trit thanks this post.

Whiplashy & Triceratops - asks the newish players incl whip if they are male or female. No reply from whiplashy but her gender given by green.

Whiplashy & Barney - Barney quotes her post saying that she and green are saying similar things.

Now the rest

Whiplashy & Pter - Pter replies to her regarding settings for posts per page.

Whiplashy & Clarabel - whips 2nd post of game re volume if posts is thanked Clarabel. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Succubus - whip is told succubus is one of the two left to post. She says she will be voting for one of these two. Whiplashy thanks succubus 1st post in game. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Tusk - one of the two left to post which whiplashy says she will be voting for. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & SKeith - Keith notes that duffman has left Andy off his odd opening post comment even though both Andy and whiplashy said similar things. Skeith states in a different post that he has null read on whiplashy. Keith tells whiplashy that duffman has accused her due to her OP. Keith baffled by one of their sentences and whiplashy responds. She also believes Keith is village.

Whiplashy & Duffman - duffman finds her OP odd. Later rephrases to say it makes him think roled or wolf. No direct interactions.

Whiplashy & Skunk - skunks posts asking about info gained from munch. Whiplashy replies that it will depend on who they munch and what that player may have posted. Agrees with Trit later that one of skunks posts is odd and has spiked her interest.

No other interactions with the rest of players.

I think whiplashy may have been the first to be munched as shes pretty good at spotting things. Her track record of calling out wolves isnt bad at all so they wanted rid of her ASAP. This leads me to believe that the wolf team is not full of brand new players but probably a mix at least.

FFA

Kolido will be in there anyway. He completely ignored her jest post about wolf being 1st to post. Ignoring it would be something a roled player would do but seeing as there are no good roles.....

The other 2 I have decided on yet.
    Placeholder vote now placed on Kolido
    It was obviously a joke by Whippy so I didnt respond.

Its a flimsy reason to pick me but fair enough, no hard feelings.

Back to convo about kolidos FFA post above. Using Keith’s read no original thoughts.
    Clarabel wrote: »
    How does the maths work on that?
    That is shocking logic from you Kolido.

Chances are one of the wolves is quiet, but equal chance anyone is a wolf. Mods wouldnt throw a new player in there for the sake of it.
    I'm not suggesting the game was drafted, but odds are odds.

That is not my only reason, I was working of Keithys reads also. Let me clarify Clarebel, I dont think you're a wolf because you're newish. Convince me you're on the level.

Kolido replies to this in a jokey but calling me a wolf post after barneys post below.
    I don’t like the new players getting munched and lynched first. It feels really ****ty whatever their alignment. I’m happy to sacrifice myself if it means they all get to the next phase just for the fun of the game.
    kitten_k wrote: »
    How's the teeth?

In fairness I don't think any of the new players are being targeted because they are new,

Barney brings up whiplashy again. Once again Kolido ignores him.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    #FFA1

fixxxer - I didn't particularly like this post of fixxxer's. Says that I didn't mention something in my round-up, when I actually did. That leads me to think they either didn't read the post (possible) or are a wolf trying to sow a bit of confusion (semi-successfully with tusk jumping on it)

Kolido - who would munch whiplashy? Potentially someone who had been called out by whiplashy as a wolf early on (even in jest). Kolido's lack of response to this makes me a bit suspicious. I know it's sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of thing and people might question them if they defended themselves seriously but the lack of a joke-y reply makes me a bit uneasy. Not the strongest reasoning I've ever come up with but we're quite early on without a huge amount to go on

Not really sure of a third to be honest.

I'm leaning good towards
    Strawberry - as outlined in my previous post, it's a general feeling coupled with the sacrifice thing,
    TB - the posts about her 'lack' of posting seemed genuine so I reckon she's not a wolf,
    clarabel - I'd be shocked if a wolf flip flopped so openly, so quickly on day 1 like they did with me. Moved from FFA to leaning good in fifteen minutes.
    sKeith - I don't really buy the lock clear thing but does come across as trying to find wolves

Continuation of my above convo re new players
    Teeth fine but I have jaw ache :D

Nah, I don’t think they are targeted because they are new either.
    Will you be ok for the next munch? I guess your wolf buddies could always put the villager in a blender and have them like a milkshake.

Keith calls Kolido out
    Kolido you have told us your wolf team , see first quote, but you still feel the need to shade other players?
    So I can only have 3 suspects?
    There are only 3 wolves, so if you go around shading more than 3 players you are definitely being anti village and knowingly shading villagers.
    Hold on, how many players have I shaded. Please define shading.

You have 6 players leaning wolf in your list, at least 3 of those are village. Is that not the same as shading?
    That's shading.
    You don't give a reason for why SM is a wolf. You just shade, protray her as wolf. She is not in you FFAs either.
    I only have one player in my wolf list atm. I give reason for all placements, If you don't agree with any of my reasons, discuss it with me.

I doubt seriously you will be arguing about your shader label.

Kolido - shader
    Loughc - shader, lough c aint moved, 2 poster, get posting or modkill on the way.
    Duffman13 - claims to have found two wolves in the OPs, one's a dead villa. moved duff down today.

leaning wolf
    kitten_k - very defensive, skims thread.
    TheSkunk - Liked there OP more than most, sk v duffman. troubled re my lock clear. provides excuses for absence that nobody cares about. Still, wants to know why lock clear. seems to misunderstand shade vs picking apart peoples posts. Yeah, making a new grade for this one. leaning wolf.

Willing to vote wolf.
    fixxxer - having trouble giffing. fixxxer has moved down, backing skunk

The Dead

Whiplashy (Villa) - jokes that kolido is a wolf.

okay, so i have 3 in my leaning wolf, take this as my ffa.

i have 7 in my village, this is great.

I can’t actually recall any proper tree shaking of me unless that wolf callout above was it. And, apart from the very beginning of the game, Kolido and green haven’t acknowledged each other.
    I call it shaking trees, we've always used it. So Ive shook gnr and strawbs.

My ffa has nothing to do with it.
    That's a weird way of shaking trees.
    Kolido, let me explain my grading titles to you. So you don't be confused.

You are doing things that I would associate with wolfie behavior. This does not mean that I believe you are a wolf. I'll be keeping watch and looking for more of same.

leaning wolf
    You have triggered more alarm bells than I'm comfortable with.

Willing to vote wolf.
    I just think you are wolf and i will lynch you unless you can convince me otherwise or show me a better candidate.

Clarabel questions kolidos FFA post do does Pter
    Clarabel wrote: »
    Can you show me the maths of these odds please?

On what level, not sure I understand your question.

Non alignment indicative
    Really like Strawbs summary points, nice work.

*This should not be thought of as pocketing.
    Awwwww thanks ;)

Back to Clarabel. No real answer to her quest
    Afraid not. I may have phrased my original post incorectly. On the level I mean convince me your a villager.

Non alignment indicative
    Also Ectos summaries, nice work.

Strawberry votes Kolido
    Necro and sully are gonna hate me.

I’m not sure on kitten. I always vote for her every game without fail. I’ve put my vote back on Kolido
    Because Whiplashy in jest said he was a wolf as he posted first and Kolido didn’t acknowledge it. I think ignoring is what a roled player would do and seeing as we have no good roles, only wolfs left.

He got a bit angsty after I voted for him as well

Notes skunk has numbers wrong for second time.
    With 16 of the 20 votes accounted for, do you think the other 4 will vote? It could be anyone really with 4 votes left unaccounted and will be really interesting to see who they’ll vote for if they do
    Think you're off with maths, 16 accounted for from a max of 22.
    I'm doing great with the numbers in this game, that's the second time I've done that. Keep thinking it's only 20 players :o

Cool, calm, collected
    Dance off anyone..Necro?

tenor.gif?itemid=8420992

Joke response
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Damn it I just want to lynch a wolf. Kitten pls be hairy.
    I'd be worried for the poor kitten if it wasnt hairy!

Kittenk the villager is munched.

In summary absolutely no original thoughts or wolf hunting went on in day 1. The fact that Barney was first to raise the whiplashy calling him wolf connection is telling. I think he knows Barney could poke holes in a conversation between the two of them better than I ever could.

The question is why are you alive! If you think you're alive cos you're barking up the wrong tree and the tree you're barking up is the "TB is a wolf tree" what does that tell you?!!

FWIW I think I'm alive cos I'm a low poster, I'm the ideal scapegoat, I don't believe in bandwagons so I won't join them unless I truly believe they're working against the interest of the village.

tbh until you highlighting it I doubt anyone would think of you first if G&R was munched. Mostly because of one post but he has been most linked to another person
    source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The question is why are you alive! If you think you're alive cos you're barking up the wrong tree and the tree you're barking up is the "TB is a wolf tree" what does that tell you?!!

FWIW I think I'm alive cos I'm a low poster, I'm the ideal scapegoat, I don't believe in bandwagons so I won't join them unless I truly believe they're working against the interest of the village.

Thats only a recent train I've boarded!

@BH - I got the impression last nite that I was very close to being bandwagoned. The fact I wasn't kinda makes me think Kolido isn't a wolf if that makes sense. I know it sounds super paranoid but that was the impression I got, it would have taken very little for people to turn on me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Can you tell us please why you trust qb so much? tbh I would have her leaning town also.

QB has been on my strong village list for the whole game, generally echoing my thoughts and voting similar ways to me.

If they are a wolf, they are playing a phenomenal game and I will be forever ashamed of myself.

Saying that, I don't necessarily 'trust' them. Just moreso am weary of everyone else a lot more.

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Thats only a recent train I've boarded!

@BH - I got the impression last nite that I was very close to being bandwagoned. The fact I wasn't kinda makes me think Kolido isn't a wolf if that makes sense. I know it sounds super paranoid but that was the impression I got, it would have taken very little for people to turn on me

Well more recently I have been saying one from Kolido/Strawbs not that I they both would be but
    07b9b65a698d6574a8678cb29602b02b.gif

Necro wrote: »
    Player Name No. of Votes Voters
    fixxxer 5 tusk, Strawberry Milkshake, Ectoplasm, Kolido, TheSkunk
    Kolido 4 Pter, Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, Green&Red
    Green&Red 2 Clarabel, Triceratops Ballet
    Triceratops Ballet 1 quickbeam
    Did Not Vote 2 crosstownk, duffman13

I never really felt you were in that much trouble tbh

Though it's very interesting that not one person went with Strawbs after we were all pretty much minutes away from lynching her the day previously...

Though it's very interesting that not one person went with Strawbs after we were all pretty much minutes away from lynching her the day previously...

2 days, soz.

I’m the words of our dearly departed Keith - if ther was a hun at my head, who would I say were the final 2 wolves?

Kolido & Green&Red

I interested to see how things progress in day 3. Are they talking to each other yet? Is there a healthy distance between them?

To be continued...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I can imagine there is a wolf in skunk and tusk and another somewhere else. I was on strawbs being good earlier and am not dead now, so maybe its her. I was on Kolido yesterday and am still alive so maybe it's not him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I’m the words of our dearly departed Keith - if ther was a hun at my head, who would I say were the final 2 wolves?

Kolido & Green&Red

I interested to see how things progress in day 3. Are they talking to each other yet? Is there a healthy distance between them?

To be continued...

Sequels are rearly better, unless maybe the dollar trilogy.

I can imagine there is a wolf in skunk and tusk and another somewhere else. I was on strawbs being good earlier and am not dead now, so maybe its her. I was on Kolido yesterday and am still alive so maybe it's not him.

If you decide to lynch me would you please please please listen to what I’ve been saying all along? In my memory

If you decide to lynch me would you please please please listen to what I’ve been saying all along? In my memory

You flip good then yes of course.

Skunk has been slowing moving up my dodgy list again. Not sure what it is.

Why is she still alive? in fact why are 4 of the digi5 still alive?

tusk wrote:
    Why is she still alive? in fact why are 4 of the digi5 still alive?

This is the basis of my thinking. Could be qb as well Tbh with the way the digi wagon developed during the day. I'm implicated with that line of thinking but I know I'm good so....

Your prime suspect at least now seems to be Kolido. You and he are my 2 prime suspects so if you flipped green I would certainly suspect him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The Dandy munch is the most interesting imo. I thought it was for his town lean but if it was to hit the digi5, to throw us off a bit, Im surprised they didnt go for qb. If she is town, maybe she is way off on her reads, helping the wolves( Necroesque if you will)

any objections to me posting a full ordered list?

Are you doing this? Getting more of a feel from your posts atm, more used to / comfortable playing WW now?

Personally think the slow and non roled nature of this game could be a good intro to WW for a new player. Just wait until Your made a drunk seer working in a car lot in the East End, then the game kicks up a notch :pac:

The Dandy munch is the most interesting imo. I thought it was for his town lean but if it was to hit the digi5, to throw us off a bit, Im surprised they didnt go for qb. If she is town, maybe she is way off on her reads, helping the wolves( Necroesque if you will)

He was the most confirmed villager imo and it cast suspicion on the remaining Digi5 as they were not munched next. I still somewhat lean village on most of them as is though

• Advertisement

I wrote this up before asking if there were objections. Kind of gut feel. There haven't been any objections yet, so here ya go.

Village
    Tusk
    quickbeam

Villagy
    Pter
    Green&Red
    Bounty Hunter

Less Villagy
    TheSkunk
    Clarabel
    Triceratops Ballet

Wolfy
    Kolido
    Strawberry Milkshake

Also I feel like my career as an FBI trainee may be over after this game. Maybe I’ll retire somewhere sunny by the sea. Far far far away from wolves.

I actually wrote that last line then too, funny you ask if i'm gettin more comfortable and then I go and say i'm retiring haha

I actually wrote that last line then too, funny you ask if i'm gettin more comfortable and then I go and say i'm retiring haha

don't worry your next posting won't be in quantico it'd be more likely to be in mordor, Winterfell or the WWE knowing this game.

Hey guys remember that time necro said he was taking a break from ww.

No-one ever quits for good.

don't worry your next posting won't be in quantico it'd be more likely to be in mordor, Winterfell or the WWE knowing this game.

Panem, I should think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I think I’m still alive because the wolves only have one munch a day and they can’t get everybody. TBH, none of the munches since Digi’s lynch have really surprised me: all good, solid Village players. I also think they’re mixing it up between Digi5 voters and not to keep us guessing into which group they are. I’d still be hugely surprised if both were in the Digi5 but there still could be one. Or none. But that’s the point. With their munches we can’t really guess. FWIW, I think I probably will be munched soon.

I probably wont be on much this evening. I've placed a vote and I don't expect to change it, but if I'm in and out I am open to it if I see evidence to move.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

BTW, good question. Asking everyone why they’re still alive. Good investigative work whoever came up with it.

I probably wont be on much this evening. I've placed a vote and I don't expect to change it, but if I'm in and out I am open to it if I see evidence to move.

I've also voted (about an hour or so ago if it's important) but all of tomorrow to change it. It's from my FFA anyway

don't think I've signed up to the next game yet, usually good to have a gap between games.

• Advertisement

Sorry to interrupt but posts 1145 & 1146 are the answer to Clarabel saying digi. Post 1145 is Andy FFA as for his 3rd slot he writes “the dude that put first in his opening post”

The very next post is Clarabel saying digi.

Thought I’d say what I saw as that’s where I am on my day two ISO

Advertisement