Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

tusk wrote: »
    Kolido was giving me the hibbiejibbies early on, but discussion on others moved him down my list. Can you give me an idea of why he's your number 1 suspect?

I’ll have to ISO him to explain but his movements on the night of the digi lynch are well dodge. As Keith said, all the last minute voting left the wolves not knowing what to do. If you are a villager that Kolido put a vote on some time or another, I’d be looking at it too if I were you.

I’ll get an iso started as soon as I do up voting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

tusk wrote: »
    Is it helpful, prelynch, to discuss potential wolf tactics?

I.e. if we try to get a consensus vote in a bit earlier than the last second, and discuss what different munches could mean before time goes bye bye?

I understand that this would potentially open the door for wolf manipulation - just wondering if it's been done before and if it could be useful?

Or would the hour after vote close work?

Is it helpful to discuss wolf tactics pre munch I would be thinking more? if anything it’s just giving them ideas.

Also in reply to G&R i think they munched Barney because as SK said himself he made him see sense. I can’t help but think Barney could have helped prevent SKs lynch last night and that’s exactly what the wolves wanted.

In response to your following the Digi5 G, we got a wolf yes but we also killed a villager last night so I wouldn’t be blindly following who we chose to vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ok, so who is left for ISOing? After making a mess of that lynch I want to try and contribute something useful.

Bounty Hunter
    Clarabel
    crosstownk
    Ectoplasm
    Green&Red
    Kolido
    Pter
    quickbeam
    TheSkunk
    Triceratops Ballet
    tusk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Necro 💔💔

Awww yeah, sorry about your dog, Necro :(

I love my dogs, call them my boys do know how horrible it must feel when you lose one.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Ok, so who is left for ISOing? After making a mess of that lynch I want to try and contribute something useful.

Bounty Hunter
    Clarabel
    crosstownk
    Ectoplasm
    Green&Red
    Kolido
    Pter
    quickbeam
    TheSkunk
    Triceratops Ballet
    tusk

I haven’t been ISOd, would actually be interested in seeing mine. Maybe my old self could help my new self make better decisions :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Look, you should definitely be looking at me. I disagree with a lot of what ur trying to put on me currently but you or someone else should definitely take a good look at me

I'll do one on Fixxer and possibly one of Kolido or BH. I'm happy for someone else to tell me which two they'd like done, just in case I'm accused of bias at a later date

I really don't think theres any harm in discussing wolf strategies, they have a BR, they are coming up with their plans anyway

Green&Red wrote: »
    Look, you should definitely be looking at me. I disagree with a lot of what ur trying to put on me currently but you or someone else should definitely take a good look at me

I'll do one on Fixxer and possibly one of Kolido or BH. I'm happy for someone else to tell me which two they'd like done, just in case I'm accused of bias at a later date

I really don't think theres any harm in discussing wolf strategies, they have a BR, they are coming up with their plans anyway

I've already been Quickbeamed so Kolido or BH might be better time spent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

quickbeam wrote: »
    Wolves haven’t munched him yet. Could well be that they’re trying to get a mislynch on humans if he’s Villager that’s out of his control (if any consolation sKeith, there’s a post about where your reads might be wrong that will be important if you are Villager)

This is the post I referred to above. I dunno what I was trying to say when ‘humans’ autocorrected but you get the gist. This post should be analysed.
    sKeith wrote: »
    We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

You ask why i am still alive.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110102222&postcount=184

either i got my wolves right, or i village leaned a wolf,

lets look at that.

leaning village

quickbeam - very slight vaiilage lean (was i wrong here, you know the answer to that.)

Strawberry Milkshake - Like answers given when i asked about why she like the fact there was no village alligned power roles. (was i wrong here, strawberry knows the answer to that.)

tritium - nice acknolegement of mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves) shade / not shade on me and pter, or just trying to game solve. Dont lynch here first. Reevaluate the here on day 2. There posts so far are pro village. (was i wrong here, No.)

Barney92 - some shade but is honest about it, game solvey? depends how pter flips, not w/w with pter. (was i wrong here, No.)

Green&Red - decent read of me, advancing player or TMI? (for newbies 'too much information') ah feck, barney can keep an eye on him, consider me slightly pocketed here. (was i wrong here, GnR knows the answer to that.)

very slight inkling of wolf equity

Kolido - shader

Loughc - shader (I was wrong here)

Triceratops Ballet - she says she has to watch what she says, nothing further

The skunk pre lynch, she new i was wolf reading her.

Hmm,

skunk and tb maybe.

I dont know.

I forgot how I wolf leaned her night 0.

when did i get my fixxxer wolf lean and why did i stop hounding tb?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sorry folks, I've had a mental week and been a general disaster! Also apologies to the mods! My 2 cents from where I got up to after the last munch (not today) was to go after Fixxxer, I see SK was taken out last night so I'll have to read back and see what happened.

• Advertisement

When you think about it, the wolves killed Barney and essentially left us to do their job for them with SK.

I guess in a way it’s good he’s gone as the doubt always would have been there and would have seriously hampered things later down the line. Wish he had of played how he did later in the game from the beginning and didn’t give out any of that lock clear stuff. He dug his own grave with that one :(

Now I don’t know what to believe anymore especially with Andy gone. Last game I played I had a partner who died, the only person I trusted 100% (love you Phil <3) and I went off the rails afterward. Seriously need to keep my sh!t together now!

Feel like the threads going to be quiet as a few people said they won’t be around as much and we won’t have SK and his 200 posts a day to keep us busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

If you're right and the wolves took out barney in order to make sk more vulnerable, then I think we're looking at some seriously good players!!!

Would be interesting to chart players in terms of experience...

Not saying it would be a silver bullet, but something to be aware of. IF the wolves are capable of playing a game like that, I don't think it could be new players or maybe I'm just not wicked enough to be able to think like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

TheSkunk wrote: »
    When you think about it, the wolves killed Barney and essentially left us to do their job for them with SK.

I guess in a way it’s good he’s gone as the doubt always would have been there and would have seriously hampered things later down the line. Wish he had of played how he did later in the game from the beginning and didn’t give out any of that lock clear stuff. He dug his own grave with that one :(

Now I don’t know what to believe anymore especially with Andy gone. Last game I played I had a partner who died, the only person I trusted 100% (love you Phil <3) and I went off the rails afterward. Seriously need to keep my sh!t together now!

Feel like the threads going to be quiet as a few people said they won’t be around as much and we won’t have SK and his 200 posts a day to keep us busy.

The best thing about SK going, is that he was the highest poster. So there is still a sh*t tonne of info he can provide from his older posts.

To his credit, he kept careful track of his posts and didn’t go over the 100 limit in the time period.

I say that, because, like Barney and his precise FFA tag instruction, I noticed it and liked it! :)

Damn you all I need to get ready for work, you should see the state of me going in the last week as I’ve been bet into this :pac:

Quickbeam, what was the wrong read you got from SKs post? What stood out to me was him saying Barney can keep an eye on G&R?

I’m working on the vote list and have got this far but just wanted to post updated one of these. I’m still sticking to this.
    First 11 posters and I’m still working off the theory of at least one wolf in there.

Kolido - I think could be a wolf
    Quickbeam - leaning village
    Fixxxer - I think could be a wolf
    Loughc - FBI Trainee
    Green - leaning village
    Andy - leaning village now declared FBI Trainee
    Strawberry - FBI Trainee
    Kitten - FBI Trainee
    Tritium - FBI Trainee
    Triceratops - I think could be a wolf
    Barney - FBI Trainee

QB disregard my earlier question, just reread the post and seen you didn’t say that. Read it wrong, sorry

Quickbeam, what was the wrong read you got from SKs post? What stood out to me was him saying Barney can keep an eye on G&R?

You mean, why did I think he was wolf? His not being munched and his attempt to get us to not lynch Digi.

Doing an ISO on Tusk, may take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

First things first, Necro I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. That's terrible news. :(
    Secondly, I'm sorry for my suspicions sKeith - I couldn't get that voice in my head to shut up. That said I didn't vote for you as I didn't think we'd get much info out of it if you flipped good.

Thirdly, I've had a look back at the votes and I think there may be some info to be gleaned at this stage.

• Advertisement

Crap, hit reply by accident there. DAndy, RIP. You were the most cleared village of the 5 on Digi due to night one's posts so not surprised but still sad to see you go.

Now, as I was saying...the votes.

Day 1 Lynch Results Day 2 Day 3
    Player Name No. of Votes Voters Player Name No. of Votes Voters Player Name No. of Votes Voters
    kitten_k 3 tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith Digital Solitude 5 quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk sKeith 8 Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, quickbeam, pter, tusk, theskunk, dunlinandy, green&red
    Dublinandy2 3 Pter, Green&Red, duffman13 crosstownk 4 Clarabel, sKeith, Kolido, Triceratops Ballet fixxxer 4 ectoplasm, sKeith, Strawberry Milkshake, kolido
    sKeith 2 kitten_k, TheSkunk Strawberry Milkshake 4 Green&Red, fixxxer, Bounty Hunter, Ectoplasm Strawberry Milkshake 1 Clarabel
    TheSkunk 2 quickbeam, tusk fixxxer 3 Strawberry Milkshake, duffman13, Barney92 Did not vote 3 crosstownk, duffman13, tricerotops ballet
    Kolido 2 crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake Bounty Hunter 1 Digital Solitude
    Barney92 1 Digital Solitude Kolido 1 crosstownk
    fixxxer 1 Barney92 Did Not Vote 2 Loughc, Succubus_
    Green&Red 1 fixxxer
    Pter 1 Dublinandy2
    duffman13 1 Triceratops Ballet
    Loughc 1 Kolido
    crosstownk 1 Clarabel
    Strawberry Milkshake 1 Bounty Hunter

Now my lovely formatting didn't paste, but here they are.

quickbeam wrote: »
    You mean, why did I think he was wolf? His not being munched and his attempt to get us to not lynch Digi.

Think you posted this before you saw my second post there. I read it wrong, thought you were saying there was a read he did that was wrong and should be looked into if he flips village. Read back and realised you meant his whole post should be looked into.

I’m working on the vote list and have got this far but just wanted to post updated one of these. I’m still sticking to this.
    Hey, what's the reasoning for this? Half the posters therefore high chance that it contains half the wolf's?

Wolves

So one thing I noticed was QB and Tusk are both on TheSkunk on night one. The fact is we also know that really there were 3 village in the running that night so it seems HIGHLY unlikely that any wolves would pair up their votes. So if there are two wolves in the 5 that voted for Digi, I think it's highly unlikely that QB and Tusk are on the same team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Necro wrote: »
    Summary post placeholder.

The game has begun.

First action will be a munch at 10am on Tuesday, 7th May.

Any chance we could get this updated Necro? I'm losing track
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi Guys, sorry for the no show last night I pm'd the mods too to apologise for lack of vote as I was dealing with some family stuff (I await their wrath).
    I'll catch up on the weekend antics as much as I can today, obvs as I've been so MIA there's going to be some suspicion on me, and that's totally fair. I haven't been able to contribute as much as I wanted to so far this game.

I'm putting a vote on for GNR

I just had a scary thought...

Andy was the Barney to my SK. He was the only person who believed 100% that I’m village and helped people come around to that conclusion somewhat. He was also one of the strong reasons I voted out Digi. I was actually surprised one of us wasn’t killed yesterday but now it makes sense.

Take the attention away from that, use us to get rid of SK for them as I especially had doubted him from the start. Then take out Andy and turn the suspicions on me? I’m completely open to being looked into and actually encourage an ISO on me as I think it would help me too but I’ll be very wary if my name starts coming up a lot over today and tomorrow.

Am I being a paranoid wreck or is that a brilliant wolf strategy???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote: »
    Any chance we could get this updated Necro? I'm losing track
    Cheers!

Game Mod:

I can't edit it :( Stupid 48 hr rule. Have PMed the forum mods to do so though

Advertisement