Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

wolves usually avoid talking to each other on thread, and when they do its usually really awkward conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Where’s the Tusk and BH connection coming from?

I need to go to the shop, have an unbelievable craving for doughnuts and other baked goods :P

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Where’s the Tusk and BH connection coming from?

I need to go to the shop, have an unbelievable craving for doughnuts and other baked goods :P

i dont think yo have talked to dandy either, skunk.

so, don't point fingers at others, just talk to everyone at least once.

Going to finish my Netflix show after lynch results, play some PS4 and stay up for GOT yassssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

sKeith wrote: »
    wolves usually avoid talking to each other on thread, and when they do its usually really awkward conversation

Haven't had much to talk about because, as I said earlier, their posts have generally had a positive feel for me and a lot of the time, they are verbalising thought's I've had myself.

Bounty Hunter. Paint me in the most negative light you can. I'll try to read back over your posts and add some commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

My ISO on TB. I'm one of those guilty on not interacting with everyone. So here's one of the people, not part of the Digi5. Have no preconceived notions going into this

Starts with a fairly nonsense post wondering why people are posting over the BH, an excuse for a wolf laying low? Gets her knickers in a twist for a few posts over it.
    I mean that's not actually what I said, I was commenting on the fact that I with the posting limit that I can't just fire of totally random posts as I'm used to doing, that's what the conversation was that the time with QB and Strawbs having posted about the posting limit previously, but sure just infer your own meaning without context.
    oops I better watch what I say!! When I've been a wolf in the past, I've certainly been a better wolf than that keithy!

Also what's with everyones boner for posting over the bank holiday weekend, supposed to be a soft opening. We're only on game day 1 so far and everyone is already griping about people being too quiet!! Y'all are crazay!
    Feck off, it was the weekend, I said in the sign up sheet I wouldn't be around until Tuesday cos today is when the game starts. I wasn't going to come on and sh1t post for the heck of it when I was actually busy all weekend and had nothing to say!

Into Wednesday and we're still having arguments over low posting, however she did say she'd be good to go from Tuesday
    Today is Wednesday boss and I won't be able to look at posts in iso until after lunch cos I'm on mobile, and have a morning of team inductions. your expectations and the reality of what's possible are two different things. I'm afraid I can't work to the schedule you set out!
    Today is Wednesday right?

Still has time to put in a vote for Duffman without any reason
    I put in a placeholder of Duffer btw

Gives a rundown on some players at lunchtime Wednesday, silence then until the following morning (An RIP Trit nothing post). She says at the bottom that she thinks she'll put a placeholder on Duffman but this goes against the above post where she's already voted. Just a small thing but strange
    Ok I've been doing some reading, I haven't read everyone's iso yet cos there's a lot of chaff from the weekend.

so far here are my thoughts:

Very low posters (I categorised this as anyone who's posted less than the mods!)
    Digi, CTK, LoughC, Succubus
    For obvious reasons I've not read on these, inclined to give the benefit of the doubt for the next day or so as RL can get in the way and there's bound to be a reason they picked a slow game to play.

I won't be voting from the v low poster group...this time

Next Level (players who've posted up to and around my level so far....spoiler alert this is as far as I've gotten)
    Duffman - was very chatty all weekend kind of went a bit hard on peope "who forgot the game was starting" led us down a meta convo route with skeith, and agreed with QB that constantly changing nicknames was unfair on newbs. absent since then. could be RL could be more.

Tusk- first game trying to figure out what kind of villager they are (their words not mine) has soem interractions with other (barney and Fixxer) players wants to understand their reasoning for accusations a little. still catching up on thread.

Trit- Not loads of posts but lots of good questioning of motives of other posters, in favour of FFA and favours posters declaring their vote on thread

Ecto - again not loads of posts, but true to her word yesterday deliverd a detailed post of her thoughts on everyone yesterday

Triceratops Ballet - a majestic and graceful creature with a three horned face! She's been a little MIA so far this game but that's ok cos it was a bank holiday and this is a slow burning game and she has work to do!!!

Clarabel - also "forgot about the game" asks a lot of questions, has submitted 2 different FFA's and voted twice both times for people not on her FFA

Out of the above list so far I'm suss on Clara and Duffer, Clara can you clarify why neither of your votes were for people on your FFAs?

When I get a chunk of time again later I'll look at further posters and be back with questions, as a placeholder I'll be voting Duffer (I think)

Makes her excuses again thursday morning(understandable wouldn't shoot her for that)
    I'll be largely AFK today, major pressure in work (I'm going away for a month at the end of the month and the pressure is on) I'm working on part two of my iso list, will hopefully be finished by lunch time, it'll be a 3 parter cos some of y'all running away with yourselves and yisser post counts!

Lunchtime promises more ISO, 1/3 of which is done
    Skeith, there's a mistake on your list there I've checked my notes and I'm actually a lock clear too, I think some others said the same about themselves so maybe you could fix that?! :rolleyes:

BH didn't task me with anything, he's not the boss of me! I suggest you pay actual attention to the things other people say instead of conjuring your own narrative.
    I suspect you're referring to my ISO posts, which I've done a 3rd of, and I've done the reading on the next third and I've already explained this morning that I'm under pressure in work and would try and sumarise my notes at some point today. BH was needling me yesterday about being a low poster (in a slow burn game :rolleyes: )
    I can't tell you when I'll have the rest of the iso done cos I'm up to my actual eyes.

I also already explained to you the thing I said in my first post about being careful not to not post too many random thoughts so as to eat into my posting allowance, yet you keep requoting it without context.

3pm Friday, more about being busy, no sign of the ISO
    hey guys, just checking in to say I'm swamped!! I've been doing interviews all day and I'm min 3 pages behind where the thread currently is. :(

Back in at 8pm, the "Digi I get" comment is a bit glib
    Lads yis are a nightmare! I can't keep up, and I can't even find my tldr post!
    I haven't voted yet, I don't really want to wagon, cos I literally don't have enough info, I'd almost rather not vote! Like I will cos that's sh1tty to do to the mods but it's gonna be such an ill informed choice!

OK I see strawbs, fix, Kolido and digi being thrown around. Why each of them? Digi I get obvs cos he hasn't been around what about the others?

Interacts with QB about Fixxer, thinks her reasons are flimsy enough
    Is this it? If he hasn't done anything wolfy since then what basis are we proposing hanging him on?

Doesn't read the Strawbs review. Decides to toss between CTK and Digi, goes with CTK, huge red flag
    I don't know if it's enough on fixer to hang him on and I have a feeling the analysis on strawbs is gonna be too long to review, and I have 8 mins to vote so I'll have flip between digi or ctk I think. Unless anyone has any quivk alt suggestions
    I voted ctk I don't want to hang the wrong person cos I don't know enough and if nothing else ctk isn't posting so i ll feel bad if he flips good but not as bás as if he'd Ben an active villager (I know I'm a hypocrite)

So overall, enough to definitely make her suspicious. I'll be wildly suspicious if she show up here with a vote tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I cant see them interacting, but i know they have been online at the same time, as an example (the only one i could find).

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110130041&postcount=673

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110130085&postcount=675

Tusk and Fixxxer sure did chat a lot in the early game. Tusk and sKeith too. And Tusk and me.

Tusk reads as someone who has been growing into the game. A lot of questions early on about mechanics. He has kept asking questions and is very inquisitive. But also very reactionary. This isnt a good or bad thing. Just an observation. He seems on the up and up, but to get back to the original question, i can only see the reaction Tusk himself pointed out from earlier today.

i dont think yo have talked to dandy either, skunk.

so, don't point fingers at others, just talk to everyone at least once.

Fairly sure I have asked him a couple of questions, will look into this when I’m back from the shop but not much else because I haven’t suspected him at all and have mostly agreed on his reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Green&Red wrote: »

Strawbs - drew my attention with that if I’m not around comment. I’m worried I’ve a blind spot with Strawbs as she comes across as someone sound so I wouldn’t like her to be a wolf

Just so you know its coming from a good place Strawbs

• Advertisement

Other people are way better at grabbing interaction data, i'm just doing it from memory, so definetly forget a few.

they pick someone and list of who they havent talked to or which conversation feel awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Back in time to make no difference at all to the vote. ****ing blocked toilets -_-

i voted for you fixxxer

i voted for you fixxxer

I voted for you. No hard feelings, hey?

fixxxer wrote: »
    I voted for you. No hard feelings, hey?
    none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Where was he at? What happened to him? Quickbeam thought to himself. He could remember working out who the two wolves are and then he woke up here. He could hear talking. He strained so he could hear them.

‘Quickbeam is the only intelligent one among them, they’ll never find us if we kill him. Have you heard what happens to him when it rains? Let’s do a Then Greyjoy on him before we kill him.’ The shadowy figures approached quickbeam and I did his zipper, knife in hand of the taller one.

Sod it, quickbeam thought to themself, I can’t hide it anymore and shouted out. ‘Activate inflatable gun’ As quickbeam said that he broke free of his restraints and caught the gun that flew from his flies.

‘Yes’ he said laughing at his captors. ‘I’m not a he I’m a she and was just hiding my inflatable gun down there, unfortunately it enlarged every time it got wet, which didn’t help my cover’

‘Now to deal with you......... she didn’t get the name of her captors out because at the same time a large explosion blew them all off their feet.......

This post vote deadline hour is really cathartic.

Yeah, feel quite zen at the moment.

Where was he at? What happened to him? Quickbeam thought to himself. He could remember working out who the two wolves are and then he woke up here. He could hear talking. He strained so he could hear them.

‘Quickbeam is the only intelligent one among them, they’ll never find us if we kill him. Have you heard what happens to him when it rains? Let’s do a Then Greyjoy on him before we kill him.’ The shadowy figures approached quickbeam and I did his zipper, knife in hand of the taller one.

Sod it, quickbeam thought to themself, I can’t hide it anymore and shouted out. ‘Activate inflatable gun’ As quickbeam said that he broke free of his restraints and caught the gun that flew from his flies.

‘Yes’ he said laughing at his captors. ‘I’m not a he I’m a she and was just hiding my inflatable gun down there, unfortunately it enlarged every time it got wet, which didn’t help my cover’

‘Now to deal with you......... she didn’t get the name of her captors out because at the same time a large explosion blew them all off their feet.......

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Worth waiting for Dandy! :D

Pter wrote: »
    This post vote deadline hour is really cathartic.

Agreed, I’m really enjoying the hour of peace we’re getting and Andy’s stories make it all the better! :)

So two stories:

I went to see the Det. Pikachu movie yesterday with the chislers. It was ok. Probably a little too advanced and fast paced for the littlest one. And not nearly enough Charizard.

and

We went to maccy d's afterwards. I couldnt bring myself to order the nuggets. Was afraid the lad serving me was Dandy and would lob a brick at my head. I had a burger instead and (because i never go to maccy ds) had stomach craps for the rest of the day.

Fun times.

I feel like I'm on edge ALL the time. Even now, the wait is killing me. And the 12 hour silence is just pure anxiety.

One of us one of us one of us

The no talking after 10 is a killer though, especially when it’s a good kill

Im kinda glad of it though. Many a game ive been up til all hours waffling along.

The no talking after 10 is a killer though, especially when it’s a good kill

yeah imagine the scenes after Digi. Would have been unreal to chat through that immediately. I think we could have got a load of good info then too depending on how people acted.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    So two stories:

I went to see the Det. Pikachu movie yesterday with the chislers. It was ok. Probably a little too advanced and fast paced for the littlest one. And not nearly enough Charizard.

and

We went to maccy d's afterwards. I couldnt bring myself to order the nuggets. Was afraid the lad serving me was Dandy and would lob a brick at my head. I had a burger instead and (because i never go to maccy ds) had stomach craps for the rest of the day.

Fun times.

Did he lick his lips as you approached? If not it wasn’t me, plus I suspect I’m older than you

Advertisement