Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Fixxxer why did you chose to ISO Tusk and not me when I offered myself up? Not shading, just interested in knowing the choice you made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

ISO of Fixxer

Starts off with fluff. Then says he'll keep an eye on SK
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Ok, caught up as far as I can tell.

sKieth and Petr fighting is not unexpected. sKieth being alive after first munch is though. Why munch a relatively new player over the one who is clearly the most chatty and rattling the most cages. That said, sKieth reminds me of Bertie Ahern in that you ask a question and so many words come back you end up not sure what your question was in the first place. So maybe it's nothing, but I'm watching.

Brings three players into the conversation, all of whom have been munched, a fairly significant post given what we now know. I can't decide if its a good thing or a bad thing. Not beyond the realms of possibility that he was lining this post up with his munches if thats a little random. He obviously wouldn't point it out himself
    Now, on Whiplashys munch.

That little interaction between Whippy and Trit over Skunkys post was interesting. Both agreeing that skunky was posting oddly and then Whippy gets murderised. Makes me suspicious of Trit more than Skunky.

Odd that Barney92 didn't mention it in his big round up of Whippys posts/

so:

Voting either Trit or Barney91 with a possible portion of sKieth to follow.

Talks about Trit some more and then misdirection before going onto misdirect away?
    Assume Trit is a wolf. Trit posts gentle shade on someone, another poster takes it up, who ends up dead. Looks bad on the poster who had two people poking at them that one of their accusers is dead. Wolves like misdirection.

Green&Red, you seem very relaxed this game. How's things?

Defends LoughC
    What exactly are you basing the LoughC/Shader lean on, sKeith? He's only posted twice, once to comment on my gif fail and another saying Dandys post was odd.
    From two posts? How could I possibly? Put a gun to my head and I'd say low flying wolf seeing as he's been on but not posted, but that's the thinnest thread to hang someone on.

I could go the other way and say you putting him on your list as a "shader" could look suspicious too. You trying to be a helpful wolf and doing a gentle distancing job between the two of you as if one flips evil the other should be good.

First FFA comes last Tuesday
    #FFA1

1. sKieth I dunno what you're up to but it doesn't feel villagery. Antagonistic instead of core forming.
    2. Green&Red Your chat about styles with him above made me think about your style in the game. Usually a more aggressive, I feel the laid back approach is indicative that you're trying to be here without drawing attention to yourself.
    3. Dunno yet. Low posters feel like easy targets but Succubus seems like too much of an extrovert to be hiding like this.

Then goes strong on me although I pulled him up later that I hadn't rowed back
    I'm leaning strongly on a G&R vote at the moment after reading back. Waiting so see more information before I switch to sKieth.

I don't really like how G&R rowed back from Dandy so quickly, like he didn't expect a strong come back. Openly saying he wanted to start a bandwagon sits badly with me to. Like, what does it achieve? Everyone votes for the one person, statistically more likely to hit a villager than a wolf and now the wolves have a place to hide too.

Pulls SKeith on his FFA, which in fairness was echoed by others later
    I have you on my FFA, there is no attempt at plausible deniability. Your word soup makes you a difficult read, but I'm reading wolf with what I have. Your FFA is what makes me really suspicious. LoughC on it after two posts for throwing shade, even though neither is shade. To be blunt, you're a better player than that pick indicates. So either you're a wolf padding your FFA, or possibly you're a wolf putting a little distance between and your wolfy friend in case your aggressive style gets you lynched.

Pulls up Strawbs on her promise to jump from Kolido to Fixxer
    Oh Wolfy Wolfy Wolfy. Failed CFD?

And on her again
    The dodgiest thing I noticed with Strawbs was offering to be offed in place of one of the new players so they could continue the game longer. Nice gesture and all but getting killed is part of the game. Feels like an attempt to seem to nice to be wolfy maybe.

Pulls Barney up on tunneling him. Also promises to ISO me, which never happens, apparently that means we're connected :rolleyes:
    If you realise it's tunnelling then why do it? sKieth surviving another munch has me more convinced again that he's a wolf. GnR, I'll look at again today and see how I feel.

Questions Strawbs on this post, which in fairness I've missed previously. Seeing as Dandy is now munched this looks good for Strawbs
    I put a vote on you about 5 mins ago.

Seeing as Andy had as many votes on him as kitten, I don’t think Andy is a wolf. I made my last vote on Kolido with 20 mins to go. Only one person needed to jump off kitten leaving Andy as lynch target. If he was a wolf surely there would have been more players on a CFD to ensure his safety?

For the above reason I think it’s safe to say Andy is most probably village. Does that make sense?

Pulls up SKeith on his reads, again has a point here
    Barney92 and his list. And here, if you're going to have me as vote wolf at least update my notes at to why. "having trouble giffing" is an awful reason for voting someone wolf. Almost as bad as your LoughC lean.

Pulls up Strawbs on her first 11 posters
    It's based on assumptions you have no way of knowing are true. Why are wolves guaranteed to be in the first posters? It's a handy excuse for either willingly or unwillingly not following whats on the thread.

Calls out his thinking on Strawbs, Me, Tusk
    Ok, gun to head

V

W

V

Happy? :)

Again calls out Strawbs about offering to be lynched. Follows up with a vote for Strawbs
    A sincere /empty/ gesture as I said to you before. Who is going to go that way when there are wolves to hunt. All it does is try and put you in the good books of new players.

Bit of back and forth about low posters, modkills

Goes at Strawbs again
    Strawbs has had an essay written as to why she should be voted for. GnR made good points and they match up with that I think too. She tried to CFD me last vote as well. I'm Fully convinced that she's a wolf. She's going down scrapping but she is a wolf. At the very least our best option right now.

Pulls up SKeith again on his read
    What is this absolute nonsense of a read????
    I've been warming to you being village sKieth, but I'm starting to think that's a big mistake if your asking people to vote for me instead of strawbs over ****ing GIFs. Did my early comments on you get you rattled and now you want to off me?

This is a point I'd never thought of before, Friday night was chaotic, is it because we were about to lynch a wolf or just because people were online?
    It's always a shambles when a wolf is getting lynched!! We were right to be voting strawberry.

When a villager is getting lynched its always quiet while the wolves sit back and laugh at us.

Again votes for Strawbs Friday nite

Saturday still thinks Strawbs is a wolf but says we'd be better lynching SKeith, maybe he can explain what we've learned
    I still think Stawbs is wolfy. GnR summed up nicely a few things on thread that I noticed that I really didn't like.

However.

I think we're much better served by lynching sKieth next. Looking back over his posts. It's difficult due to the amount of word vomit. Speaking objectively, I called him on his bull**** reasoning on LoughC. Since then he's spent two votes trying to get me lynched. His "read" on me has been that I fluffed a gif on day0. That's is. Seriously. Nothing else. If the promised ISO ever arrives I'd love to read it. There would be actual accusations I could argue against instead of this nonsense of "vote fixxxer" that pops up every lynch time.

He's the highest poster and in theory contributing the most to the thread yet has survived two munches. And what has really been conributed? What concrete threads have been dug up? Nothing. Happy to jump on other peoples ideas. Happy to argue with Pter constantly. This is a far cry from the sKieth I've seen in previous games who was a wolf hunting machine. If I had to guess whats up I'd say he's creating a cloud so the village stays messed up and confused until the wolves get enough of us.

More later maybe if i can get over my sugar hangover, but I have a vote in for sKieth.

So to recap, like myself has been all over Strawbs. I'm probably not the best person to be doing this because a lot of what he has said would be in line with my own thinking. However I will say he has done very little original work. Although he has stuck to Strawbs, not sure if thats wolfy or not.

Theres also plus and minus points for Strawbs in there. The chaos on Friday could indicate we were about to lynch a wolf but I've accused SKeith previously of causing that chaos
    I'm not sure I'd lynch Fixxer just yet

Clarabel wrote: »
    I'm putting a vote on for GNR

How come?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Am I being a paranoid wreck or is that a brilliant wolf strategy???

This is Werewolf. We’re all paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

G&R, just a correction on your ISO of me
    Gives a rundown on some players at lunchtime Wednesday, silence then until the following morning (An RIP Trit nothing post). She says at the bottom that she thinks she'll put a placeholder on Duffman but this goes against the above post where she's already voted. Just a small thing but strange

I didn't state I was voting Duffer before I provided my list of players, I provided my list in post 671 at 12:40 and stated my vote for Duffer in post 680 at 13:01

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    This is Werewolf. We’re all paranoid.

That’s definitely a comfort, sometimes I think I’m going a bit mad and have to check myself before I wreck myself :pac:

G&R, just a correction on your ISO of me

I didn't state I was voting Duffer before I provided my list of players, I provided my list in post 671 at 12:40 and stated my vote for Duffer in post 680 at 13:01

oh and yes I know I didn't finish the list, I couldn't manage to ISO everyone in work and sh!t hit the fan over the weekend and 'm still on the backfoot. I don't know how useful it would be now to finish my original one. But I can certainly pick one person and go through them over the course of the day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Very sorry to hear about your Doggie Necro. My own little Fellah died last year and it was pretty weird not being there (In Ireland) for it. Remember how much of an awesome buddy he was and try not to focus on how he is gone if possible.

Cycling home now. Will be btween 7.30-7.40pm when I'm home and I have to cook for the misses and haven't watched GOTs yet. Apart from that I plan to mostly be checking here. If anyone feels the need to ISO me (should be managable compared to some, or get me to ISO someone thats all good with me.

Very sorry to hear about your Doggie Necro. My own little Fellah died last year and it was pretty weird not being there (In Ireland) for it. Remember how much of an awesome buddy he was and try not to focus on how he is gone if possible.

Cycling home now. Will be btween 7.30-7.40pm when I'm home and I have to cook for the misses and haven't watched GOTs yet. Apart from that I plan to mostly be checking here. If anyone feels the need to ISO me (should be managable compared to some, or get me to ISO someone thats all good with me.

Off topic but Bounty where the hell are you cycling from that it will take you seven hours to get there :o

Heading to work now, will check back in later.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks for the condolences folks, I was coping fine till this song came on :(

• Advertisement

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Off topic but Bounty where the hell are you cycling from that it will take you seven hours to get there :o

Heading to work now, will check back in later.

I live in Taiwan :D

Vote list Sat 11th to Sun 12th

Saturday
    16:29 Keith votes Pter
    19:22 Green asks strawberry if she will commit to plan of voting where digi5 say to vote.
    19:47 strawberry confirms she will commit to digi5 plan.
    19:55 green asks ecto would she commit to digi5 plan.
    20:04 ecto says she would commit if they all agree
    21:37 Keith tells Pter that he will move vote off him if fixxxer lynch becomes viable
    21:39 Petr says he’d be happy to kill him (fixxxer)
    22:22 tusk is on board with fixxxer vote. Asks other digi5 their opinion
    22:30 Andy not ready to do so yet. Wants to assess all.
    23:02 ecto says a fixxxer lunch could clear up a lot for her.

Sunday
    08:12 Pter votes fixxxer
    08:26 Andy says he hasn’t voted anyone yet
    08:27 bounty says he’ll probably vote strawberry if not Keith and he’ll be voting early.
    09:18 Clarabel states she placed a vote on strawberry yesterday (Saturday) around 3pm
    09:20 bounty votes Keith
    10;16 fixxxer says he has vote in for Keith
    10:33 QB puts placeholder on Keith
    10:44 Peter puts vote back on Keith
    10:57 tusk says he is putting vote on Keith shortly
    11:31 tusk confirms vote on Keith
    12:11 green says his vote on strawberry
    13:59 strawberry placing vote on Kolido till digi5 tell her different
    16:52 ecto has vote on fixxxer
    16:52 bounty reiterates his vote is on Keith
    17:00 Kolido states he will probably vote triceratops
    17:09 Keith votes triceratops
    17:13 Kolido explains triceratops vote to Clarabel but says if we go with digi5 list he will pick strawberry
    17:52 Kolido votes strawberry
    18:08 bounty states vote staying on Keith and he’s done for night (time diff)
    18:53 strawberry reiterates she already voted Kolido but would change if digi5 want
    19:01 QB responds to strawberry that digi5 haven’t reached consensus but strawberry is on someone (Kolido) that none of them have.
    19:03 Keith asks strawberry who she’s voting for
    19:05 strawberry responds to QB that she will switch to fixxxer no bother but wants on record Kolido her no1 suspect.
    19:05 Pter asksQB who she’s voting for and also reiterates that he voted Keith earlier
    19:05 strawberry replies to Keith saying currently on Kolido but willing to change
    19;08 Qb replies to strawberry that she doesn’t mind who strawberry votes for but it’s just the inconsistency of picking someone none of digi5 decided on
    19:08 Andy says he hasn’t voted yet
    19;09 Qb responds to pter that she’s on Keith
    19:10 Keith tells strawberry that he needs to self preserve and asks her to help by voting fixxxer. Strawberry thanks this post
    19:12 skunk still deciding who to vote for
    19:21 Andy looks for vote count
    19:26 Andy going Keith. If Keith flips green he’s going pter next.
    19:34 skunk puts vote on Keith
    19:57 Keith voting ixxxer for 3rd day running
    19:58 tusk says his vote on Keith stands
    20:02 Andy off for dinner does have vote on Keith but willing to vote with majority if it changed
    20:13 Clarabel tempted to change move off strawberry onto green or cross. Wants to know if anyone interested in joining
    20:16 QB responds to Clarabel, not tempted with green and would rather see if cross votes tonight before lynching him
    20:19 Kolido confirms vote on strawberry but could move to join Clarabel on cross.
    20:26 green enroute home and will vote for who ever the major of digi5 are going for. Will vote as near to 9 as possible. Says his current vote on strawberry
    20:28 QB tells green she’s currently on Keith
    20:35 Andy wants to know if pter voting fixxxer
    20:36 Petr responds to Andy “not tonigh, I’m on skeith “
    20:38 Andy honestly doesn’t know what to do re: fixxxer vs Keith
    20:41 Kolido asks what’s to be gained from fixxxers lynch whether green flip or red flip
    20:42 Petr replies saying it Keith needs to be killed, green&red is suss and himself (pter) in the firing line
    20:44 answers Kolido and skunk not comfortable voting fixxxer tonight
    20:44 Andy confirms voting Keith
    20:45 skunk confirms voted Keith
    20:45 Kolido says if race between fixxxer and Keith he’ll go fixxxer
    20:45 strawberry votes fixxxer
    20:46 Andy confirms vote on Keith
    20:49 green says strawberry more likely to be a wolf than Keith
    20:53 Kolido confirms vote on fixxxer
    20:59 green says vote on Keith as promised

Skeith, an FBI Trainee has been lynched. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro wrote: »
    Thanks for the condolences folks, I was coping fine till this song came on :(

Sorry for your loss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Green posts inconsistent with action?

Says strawberry, confirms strawberry more wolf but votes SK . Or were you just following digi5?

Says strawberry, confirms strawberry more wolf but votes SK . Or were you just following digi5?

Following the Digi5 as I said I would see post #1817 and I repeated in post #2243

Clarabel I've been very consistent in what I've said and done. Even if you do think I'm wolf I dont think you can look at my moving off Strawbs to be a wolfie move. I've been on Strawbs for a long time

I think they’re consistent. The cynic in me would say that he’d vote at the last minute just in case things weren’t going his way and he could come in with the line that he didn’t make it home in time so vote stayed on me

BUT

he committed to voting with digi5 and made a post 10 minutes before deadline so the above theory wouldn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Can we get some early post munch FFAs?

#FFA4

Fixxxer
    Kolido
    Cross

This is purely gut, so I need to review and check out the ISOs again before fully committing to a vote. Placeholder is down as Fixxxer for now.

Why did the people who didn't vote with the Digi 5 decide to go against (probably too strong a word) the group?

tusk wrote: »

#FFA4

Fixxxer
    Kolido
    Cross

This is purely gut, so I need to review and check out the ISOs again before fully committing to a vote. Placeholder is down as Fixxxer for now.

I'll probably get one in over the next few hours, going to non phone re-read today's posting. Would really like to see the 2 quiet ones who popped up saying how things had been mad for them do more posts after those ones too.

Why did the people who didn't vote with the Digi 5 decide to go against (probably too strong a word) the group?

I told them to tell me where to vote which they didn’t and if they had told me to vote Keith I would have only done so due to making a commitment.

I’ve said that Keith was village over and over. His first few days left him open to be lynched. For the exact same reason, I believe pter to be village too but pter himself argued that it’s plausible for a wolf to play as Keith did so it’s weird that pter himself wants me to doubt what I believe.

• Advertisement

I don't know if I actively decided not to go with the group, tbh. I was MIA for a lot of the day and only came online in the last hour, it was kind of manic and rather than throw my vote in the wrong place I was opting between two non/low posters (the irony, I know) i literally eeny meany miney moe'd it between CTK and Digi and landed on cross, (not great strategy I admit, but it's not the first time I've let fate make a choice for me in WW)

tusk wrote: »

#FFA4

Fixxxer
    Kolido
    Cross

Don’t bother with Cross. He’ll probably be modkilled. With any luck he was a wolf but I won’t be holding my breath for it either.

I told them to tell me where to vote which they didn’t and if they had told me to vote Keith I would have only done so due to making a commitment.

I’ve said that Keith was village over and over. His first few days left him open to be lynched. For the exact same reason, I believe pter to be village too but pter himself argued that it’s plausible for a wolf to play as Keith did so it’s weird that pter himself wants me to doubt what I believe.

I thought he was playing like a villager throughout but his decision making was suspect, wolves kept him alive though cos he was always a potential mislynch. At no point did he suspect you either but that may be because you were the one to always agree he was lock village.

This the alive player list? 14. Of which two are wolves.

Bounty Hunter
    Clarabel
    crosstownk
    Duffman13
    Ectoplasm
    fixxxer
    Green&Red
    Kolido
    Pter
    quickbeam
    Strawberry Milkshake
    TheSkunk
    Triceratops Ballet
    tusk

12V / 2W
    Mislynch + modkill 10V / 2W
    Munch 9V / 2W
    Mislynch 8V / 2W
    Munch 7V / 2W
    Mislynch 6V / 2W
    Munch 5V / 2W
    Mislynch 4V / 2W
    Munch 3V / 2W
    Mislynch 2W / 2W

So assuming Cross is a Villager and modkilled it leaves 4 chances to mislynch and on the fifth we lose. So actually the same as it was yesterday. Losing Cross would only mean ending on a lynch instead of a munch.

quickbeam wrote: »
    This the alive player list? 14. Of which two are wolves.

Bounty Hunter
    Clarabel
    crosstownk
    Duffman13
    Ectoplasm
    fixxxer
    Green&Red
    Kolido
    Pter
    quickbeam
    Strawberry Milkshake
    TheSkunk
    Triceratops Ballet
    tusk

12V / 2W
    Mislynch + modkill 10V / 2W
    Munch 9V / 2W
    Mislynch 8V / 2W
    Munch 7V / 2W
    Mislynch 6V / 2W
    Munch 5V / 2W
    Mislynch 4V / 2W
    Munch 3V / 2W
    Mislynch 2W / 2W

So assuming Cross is a Villager and modkilled it leaves 4 chances to mislynch and on the fifth we lose. So actually the same as it was yesterday. Losing Cross would only mean ending on a lynch instead of a munch.

Thanks for that. Nice to see the exact group.

Would be nice to get an ordered list from everyone.

Have voted Fixxxer as a placeholder. Willing to be convinced otherwise though.

I thought he was playing like a villager throughout but his decision making was suspect, wolves kept him alive though cos he was always a potential mislynch. At no point did he suspect you either but that may be because you were the one to always agree he was lock village.

He knows his stuff does Keith :D

He made summary posts before the end of days. I think it would be a good idea if we collectively review what he said and see where it leads us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Just catching up now.

See you on the other side Keithy, glad I read you right.

The munch of Barney and dandy were standard wolf plays imo. Im sure the other experienced players will say the same. Neither were a lynch risk so they were munched.

Strawbs is town, here is why. she is still tunneling me. Wolves dont do that. If she was wolf, she would know I will flip green and she will likely get lynched. She doesnt know for certain how I will flip (because she is town) but she is hoping to god I flip red.

No point looking at cross now, he missed a vote.

My ffa at this point,

Fixxxer
    Gnr

My list from most dodgy to least dodgy. Worth noting that I need to review some of the more villagery people since SKs death, as I feel like maybe I've been pocketed by one or more of those.

fixxxer
    Kolido
    crosstownk
    Duffman13
    Triceratops Ballet
    Ectoplasm
    Green&Red
    Clarabel
    Bounty Hunter
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Pter
    TheSkunk
    quickbeam
    tusk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I didn't see enough evidence before I flew to move to Keith. It was too flipfloppy for me and I was concerned about lack of panic.
    If anything I would have moved for fixxxer but it was too late by the time I landed and started reading again on train.

Gut feel.
    Strawberry: more village than before but not village
    Petr: less villiagy but not wolf
    GNR: more wolf
    Fixxxer: prob more village
    Cross: more village, probably village
    Duff: probably village, likely wolf
    QB: my gut is crying 🺠but I wonder is it cause you're really good and sneaky rather than anyyon this thread
    TB I was wrong,, very wrong. Not new. More wolf, way more wolf now
    Skunk more village

Advertisement