Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

sKeith wrote: »

milkshake. what exactly makes you have good feeling that there are good roles? is it that there are no investigative roles?

I like that we have no seer, BG, vig, whatever other good roles that you lot concoct. Takes the pressure off trying to bait the wolves into thinking that I might have a role when a NRV and also that FFS sake moment when we’ve lynched or the wolves have munched one of them. Lynching a goodie will be downgraded to “ah man”. Well it will until the numbers deem a more suitable expletive is needed.

No roles, no tasks - this game is all about the reads then? Oh and wagonomics ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I like that we have no seer, BG, vig, whatever other good roles that you lot concoct. Takes the pressure off trying to bait the wolves into thinking that I might have a role when a NRV and also that FFS sake moment when we’ve lynched or the wolves have munched one of them. Lynching a goodie will be downgraded to “ah man”. Well it will until the numbers deem a more suitable expletive is needed.

No roles, no tasks - this game is all about the reads then? Oh and wagonomics ;)

I like the prospect of it too and I really like this answer.
    My notes say 'no good roles, easier to hide?' but i feel like I can put a strike-through through that straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote:
    I like the prospect of it too and I really like this answer. My notes say 'no good roles, easier to hide?' but i feel like I can put a strike-through through that straight away.

Explain please.

Pter wrote: »
    Explain please.

Is it not self explanatory.
    Notes were for #13.

Then I sought clarification, and the answer pleased me greatly.

sKeith wrote:
    Is it not self explanatory.

If it were self explanatory I wouldn't have asked. I want to understand your notes/thinking before you asked and before strawbs answered.

• Advertisement

Max of 100 posts per cycle is gonna be so difficult for me. I’m going to have to think before I click reply as usually I’ll write one sentence, send it, then remember I should also say something else, send that, then realise what I’ve written makes no sense and start the whole process over again.

Oh, second paragraph - morning everybody! How are we all? Is everyone excited? I know I am. Thank you mods for putting the game together for us. I’m liking the no good roles theme for this. I like it a lot.

Anyhoo (3rd paragraph), I shall save my musings/ramblings for another post. Don’t want your eyes glazing over and just scrolling past my posts this early in the day.

;) (4th!)
    If it were self explanatory I wouldn't have asked. I want to understand your notes/thinking before you asked and before strawbs answered.

You are being very lazy. #13 means post 13. I have quoted it above for you.

sKeith wrote:
    You are being very lazy. #13 means post 13. I have quoted it above for you.

So you are planning to react to others all game and not tell us what you think up front?

So you are planning to react to others all game and not tell us what you think up front?

Who are others?

When you say all game, do you mean all of my game, or should I be trying to reframe your question from the point of view of these 'others' that you mention?

Everyone else. Hey I'm just going off your posts thus far. You see something you agree with mentioned by someone else. You hop on it. That how it's gonna be for you?

Everyone else. Hey I'm just going off your posts thus far. You see something you agree with mentioned by someone else. You hop on it. That how it's gonna be for you?

I say what I see. Yes. That how its gonna be.

• Advertisement

This is actually putting words in my mouth.

I didn't see something I agree with. Someone saying they like that there is no good roles, makes me think, why do they like it that they have no good roles, is it because hiding just got way easier than normal, there is no seers.

I had more than one observation in my post. I also pointed out something about dino.

sKeith wrote:
    I didn't see something I agree with. Someone saying they like that there is no good roles, makes me think, why do they like it that they have no good roles, is it because hiding just got way easier than normal, there is no seers.

See that wasn't so hard to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Catches up on thread...

... sees spat... one wolf? Two wolves? Zero wolves? Hard to say right away...

... few other posts floating that might look wolfy in the right light...revisit later when we have more to go on......

......hears bank holiday weekend calling....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Forgot that the game was starting. Kolido is clearly a wolf due to getting the first post, so only 2 left to find :D

I’ll be MIA for most of today and tomorrow so really glad it’s a slow burner. I trust you’ll all have worked out who the other 2 furballs are by then.

Hey all,

I always find posts like this odd, basically saying I forgot the game was on etc, always stinks wolf to me

Anyway, 100 posts per phase max :) I'll do well to do 50. At least it appears to be slow moving anyway

duffman13 wrote: »

I always find posts like this odd, basically saying I forgot the game was on etc, always stinks wolf to me

I should probably rephrase that, always makes me think roled or wolf, in this game of no roles, it's just wolf to me.

Hello everyone, forgotten I’d signed up to this.

Good luck to us all! Remember not all wolves are furry!
    Hi everyone

Forgot that the game was starting. Kolido is clearly a wolf due to getting the first post, so only 2 left to find :D

I’ll be MIA for most of today and tomorrow so really glad it’s a slow burner. I trust you’ll all have worked out who the other 2 furballs are by then.
    Hi everyone

Forgot that the game was starting. Kolido is clearly a wolf due to getting the first post, so only 2 left to find biggrin.png

Hey all,

Anyway, 100 posts per phase max :) I'll do well to do 50. At least it appears to be slow moving anyway

Can you explain why whiplashys post stinks of wolf but dubandys did not get a mention from you.
    If this is how you wolf hunt, then why didnt you flag the other occurance?

The way you explain it, for some reason you have latched onto whiplashy, but have decided to let the other go.

Can you explain the inconsistencies in your method of wolfhunting better so I can figure out why one is to be considered wolf and the other is not, from your point of view.

Can you explain why whiplashys post stinks of wolf but dubandys did not get a mention from you.
    If this is how you wolf hunt, then why didnt you flag the other occurance?

The way you explain it, for some reason you have latched onto whiplashy, but have decided to let the other go.

Can you explain the inconsistencies in your method of wolfhunting better so I can figure out why one is to be considered wolf and the other is not, from your point of view.

Fair point Keith, I missed dublinandys post or glazed over it. More the terminology, in a different life I was wolf and that was my first post, "oh forgot all about this" Someone else said the same so I munched them, the other person turned out to be the seer so since then I've always been intrigued by those posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I'm comfy on the couch in my Pjs, half watching Jurassic Park. Easing myself into the Bank Holiday weekend.

Reading back there, yeah the good thing about having no good rvs is not having to worry about possibly outing a goody if something seems off in their posts.

I am operating under the assumption the wolves may pop in, say hello and leave it at that until after first munch.

MAYBE one of them will be chatty, but it would be a risky strategy as it will eventually come back to haunt them.

So im encouraging people to post this weekend. By all means (if you are a wolf), prove me wrong and post like crazy and think you wont get caught out for it. Or if you are a village, post away with nothing to hide (which is what im doing).

Im watching Friends with benefits.

Trying to remember the clone of this movie that had natalie portman in it, without googling it.

I am operating under the assumption the wolves may pop in, say hello and leave it at that until after first munch.

MAYBE one of them will be chatty, but it would be a risky strategy as it will eventually come back to haunt them.

So im encouraging people to post this weekend. By all means (if you are a wolf), prove me wrong and post like crazy and think you wont get caught out for it. Or if you are a village, post away with nothing to hide (which is what im doing).

Im watching Friends with benefits.

Trying to remember the clone of this movie that had natalie portman in it, without googling it.

Ashton Kutcher is in it with her. I could tell you but that would be like Googling so I won't spoil your fun

• Advertisement

Is it no strings attached or something

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Can never remember which is which but I liked the Kunis/Timberlake one a whole lot more than the Portman/Kutcher one.

I’m watching reruns of The Mentalist. But shattered and will likely be in bed in about 10 minutes.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Can never remember which is which but I liked the Kunis/Timberlake one a whole lot more than the Portman/Kutcher one.

I’m watching reruns of The Mentalist. But shattered and will likely be in bed in about 10 minutes.

Oh I rewatched that recently, it was good fun, even if they did drag the arse out of the whole Red John thing.

I’m watching say yes to the dress. Gok is doing it now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Evening all, so glad it’s the weekend!

I’m relaxing with a coffee watching Alan Carr’s new show - there’s something about Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

^^

That should be movies not Mary!!

Fair point Keith, I missed dublinandys post or glazed over it. More the terminology, in a different life I was wolf and that was my first post, "oh forgot all about this" Someone else said the same so I munched them, the other person turned out to be the seer so since then I've always been intrigued by those posts.

> in a different life I was wolf

This some silly code for in another game? what game? I'd like to see if it played out like you are describing.

Items I'll be looking at are your opening post and the seers opening post;

If it all pans out as you say here, then I'll accept your wolfhunting method and will be surprised if you are not pushing hard for andy and whip lynches.

If you are villager, you have no reason to lie, so it will all pan out as you say, if it don't, then i know u are telling porkies.

> in a different life I was wolf

This some silly code for in another game? what game? I'd like to see if it played out like you are describing.

Items I'll be looking at are your opening post and the seers opening post;

If it all pans out as you say here, then I'll accept your wolfhunting method and will be surprised if you are not pushing hard for andy and whip lynches.

If you are villager, you have no reason to lie, so it will all pan out as you say, if it don't, then i know u are telling porkies.

Live Game, one night in Saipan, have fun! Pretty sure it was that one, I'm not as good as some of you at remembering games but give it a bash

Live Game, one night in Saipan, have fun! Pretty sure it was that one, I'm not as good as some of you at remembering games but give it a bash

Actually maybe it wasn't that gsme, I'll check tomorrow cause I'm up at 5am but I'll find it. We've a little time to figure it out

• Advertisement

Saipan? i was a wolf, loughc was the seer.

loughc opening post =
    Loughc wrote: »
    Story buds!! How is one and all.

duff opening post =
    Sorry for the late arrival, nice drive home, little later than expected. Time for a speed read

are you sure this is the game?

Advertisement