Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Wolf parade were supposed to be playing last Sunday but they cancelled.

I know, I was going. My point was none of these gigs I have/had tickets for are on the list from MCD.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nick Cave postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nick Cave postponed

The start of it sadly

Next gig for me is Duran Duran in St Anne's Park on the 7th June and then My Chemical Romance on the 23rd June followed by Hella Mega tour on the 29th June

Theres more to it than just the bands/acts not performing. The crew, rehearsals/logistics and other business side of things that are affected due to this pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The start of it sadly

Next gig for me is Duran Duran in St Anne's Park on the 7th June and then My Chemical Romance on the 23rd June followed by Hella Mega tour on the 29th June

Theres more to it than just the bands/acts not performing. The crew, rehearsals/logistics and other business side of things that are affected due to this pandemic

As well as how the rest of their tours are scheduled... Some bands may not see value in touring half their dates if the first half is cancelled or postponed.

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Postponements are a ball ache. I'd rather my money back for all the gigs I have tickets for to be honest. Bon Iver, Ricky Gervais , The Frames, The Pixies amongst others. Circumstances have changed for everyone and I need that money back in my back account, not in theirs earning interest while we wait for a pie in the sky date in autumn or 2021 that might not suit anyway if I'm lucky enough to still have a job.

• Advertisement

Postponements are a ball ache. I'd rather my money back for all the gigs I have tickets for to be honest. Bon Iver, Ricky Gervais , The Frames, The Pixies amongst others. Circumstances have changed for everyone and I need that money back in my back account, not in theirs earning interest while we wait for a pie in the sky date in autumn or 2021 that might not suit anyway if I'm lucky enough to still have a job.

You can request a refund upon postponement. You don't need to wait for a new date; once it's been postponed and the original date is no longer happening, you are entitled to a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭fafy

You can request a refund upon postponement. You don't need to wait for a new date; once it's been postponed and the original date is no longer happening, you are entitled to a refund.

I got the postponement email, but it says nothing about refunds, so how does one take a refund ?

I checked the email links, and i didn’t see anything about a refund in there either

fafy wrote: »
    I got the postponement email, but it says nothing about refunds, so how does one take a refund ?

Head here and fill out all of the details.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

Cheers ! I notice TM removed the event from my TM account(not in past events either), but had the details in email

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Jay Som has been cancelled, Pinegrove dates look like their 14th/ 15th August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Forbidden fruit and longitude must be in danger

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Forbidden fruit and longitude must be in danger

They'll both be cancelled yeah

Outdoor gigs are less likely to be rescheduled

Cheers ! I notice TM removed the event from my TM account(not in past events either), but had the details in email

Very shoddy of TM, that there is absolutely zero mention of refunds, on the Nick Cave postponment.

Very shoddy of TM, that there is absolutely zero mention of refunds, on the Nick Cave postponment.

Probably for two reasons. Firstly they're trying to prevent a run on refunds but that's their problem. Secondly, there's less chance of a full cancellation if the majority of ticket holders retain their tickets. Without mentioning it there's a hope that on the fencers will keep their tickets.

Either way, it's a bit shoddy alright.

And just for anyone unsure, you can claim a refund even after a new date is announced, you don't have to do it now if you don't want to.

Probably for two reasons. Firstly they're trying to prevent a run on refunds but that's their problem. Secondly, there's less chance of a full cancellation if the majority of ticket holders retain their tickets. Without mentioning it there's a hope that on the fencers will keep their tickets.

Either way, it's a bit shoddy alright.

And just for anyone unsure, you can claim a refund even after a new date is announced, you don't have to do it now if you don't want to.

And a notable difference between TM and a local and much smaller event organiser i emailed- who said you can take a full refund, or avail of rescheduled gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

A lot of the gigs will be rescheduled and not postponed because then it will come directly out of the artists pocket and if a whole tour got postponed and not rescheduled they would lose a lot of money. To be honest I can see all the summer outdoor gigs moved to 2021. Going to Gervais , MCR ,GNR , Green day and the chemical brothers for the summer and im fairly resigned to the fact that they will all be rescheduled. I have stormzy and elton john later on in the year hoping they wont be affected we have no idea how bad its going to get. Id rather know my family were all ok and if that means a few gigs are off for now so be it

Duffy98 wrote: »
    A lot of the gigs will be rescheduled and not postponed because then it will come directly out of the artists pocket and if a whole tour got postponed and not rescheduled they would lose a lot of money. To be honest I can see all the summer outdoor gigs moved to 2021. Going to Gervais , MCR ,GNR , Green day and the chemical brothers for the summer and im fairly resigned to the fact that they will all be rescheduled. I have stormzy and elton john later on in the year hoping they wont be affected we have no idea how bad its going to get. Id rather know my family were all ok and if that means a few gigs are off for now so be it

Going to try get to elton john myself and hoping tickets become available closer to the dates

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

If you have an artist you like, buy a CD off them if they're local, or buy their music off Bandcamp if you can't.
    We have to look after the people who look after us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

There will be an announcement on FF and Longitude after the 29th of March when the measures here are extended

Very unlikely to see Hella Mega rescheduled to 2021 as it won't fit in with their schedules for next year

• Advertisement

There will be an announcement on FF and Longitude after the 29th of March when the measures here are extended

Very unlikely to see Hella Mega rescheduled to 2021 as it won't fit in with their schedules for next year

Where you seeing tour dates for 2021? I looked on their website and couldnt see anything about dates next year. Theyll reschedule cause theyd lose out on millions and it will be paid out directly from their pocket no need to worry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

IF hella mega is gone it'll almost definitely be rescheduled, a worldwide stadium tour, would make little to no financial sense to just cancel it

90477496_10156699364626244_2748742274455175168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=2KgSDAGUrL4AX94_NVd&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=829a1439eaa640e8ab83d374416fade7&oe=5E9A09CA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

bennyl10 wrote: »
    IF hella mega is gone it'll almost definitely be rescheduled, a worldwide stadium tour, would make little to no financial sense to just cancel it

Not that straightforward.
    In a lot of cases the putdoor venues are lining up multiple events over a number of days.

Early april will decide some of June's gigs I reckon

Its just wait and see I suppose

• Subscribers Posts: 41,028 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Early april will decide some of June's gigs I reckon

Its just wait and see I suppose

david gray, nick mason, elbow, paul heaton cancelled so far from my list

not sure about crowded house in trinity summer series.

sinead o connor in belfast is still scheduled to go ahead currently

Comedians postponing also.

Deirdre O'Kane, Iain Stirling amongst others.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    david gray, nick mason, elbow, paul heaton cancelled so far from my list

not sure about crowded house in trinity summer series.

sinead o connor in belfast is still scheduled to go ahead currently

Elbow have rescheduled for June 29th and Paul Heaton has been rescheduled to Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Gigs will come again . .

Its no harm to have a break ,to be honest some artists were tearing the hole out of it touring .

This downtime ,with artists at home should result in some creative output ,as there are no distractions and the creative juices should flow .

It might be a blessing in disguise for alot of artists.

• Advertisement

Whats the deal with the Cork gigs in independent park will they be cancelled cause i cant see with that venue gigs being rescheduled it all happens in the one week

Advertisement