Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

90477496_10156699364626244_2748742274455175168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=2KgSDAGUrL4AX94_NVd&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=829a1439eaa640e8ab83d374416fade7&oe=5E9A09CA

2021 AC/DC surely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the Cork gigs in independent park will they be cancelled cause i cant see with that venue gigs being rescheduled it all happens in the one week

Gerry Cinnamon has rescheduled the earlier dates on his tour but so far the 19th of June in cork is still on, according to his Instagram. It could change of course, it's only 13 weeks from today

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So this arrived..

Screenshot-2020-03-20-at-18-05-46.png

Still no word on the Bon Iver tour other than a vague message on social media..
    The Bon Iver team is actively seeking how to best navigate the current situation including limitations of travel and public gatherings introduced in recent weeks by the authorities in many of the countries we are currently planning to visit.

Tour's starting in under a month so I'd imagine there should be a cancellation soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Basq wrote: »
    So this arrived..

Screenshot-2020-03-20-at-18-05-46.png

Still no word on the Bon Iver tour other than a vague message on social media..

Tour's starting in under a month so I'd imagine there should be a cancellation soon.

Have tickets for it too. Cant see it going ahead unfortunately are this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there is zero chance of Bon Iver going ahead. you can write off everything before June, probably July too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Yeah.. it's the inevitability of it, and the delay in announcing that's irritating..

• Subscribers Posts: 41,030 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Elbow have rescheduled for June 29th and Paul Heaton has been rescheduled to Nov

I know.

I was making the point that the initial date was cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I know.

I was making the point that the initial date was cancelled

Elbow rescheduling for June seems to think Promoters think we’ll be out of the worst of it by then

I’m not overly confident, but all we can do is hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

A sticky of cancelled gigs might be handy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

hynesie08 wrote: »
    That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on boards and that covers a lot of ground.

This is gonna last past March 29th, I'll be shocked if there's a gig before May Bank Holiday weekend. But a country that's been through invasions and famine isn't going to be changed forever because poxy green day postponed till 2021....

Dubliners and Cork peoples ancestors were the invadors, the Vikings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Dubliners and Cork peoples ancestors were the invadors, the Vikings.

And?? Same could be said in part for most northern European countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Out of all the gigs for me in June they all have different touring schedules

Duran Duran only have 6 dates with shows in Denmark/Sweden/Dublin/Portugal/Isle of Wight festival and Hyde Park. Small enough tour but as you know yourself in danger

MCR and Green Day have much bigger tours going all over Europe. Very much in danger of postponement

As someone said over on a different thread, gigs/events are a short term thing and it's always nice to have something to look forward to esp with the current situation atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Not gig related: Metallica are streaming their Slane show in full on both facebook and Youtube from 8pm EDT he a great way to pass the time while in isolation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭its_steve116

90477496_10156699364626244_2748742274455175168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=2KgSDAGUrL4AX94_NVd&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=829a1439eaa640e8ab83d374416fade7&oe=5E9A09CA

Slane is usually every odd-numbered year.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

funnyname wrote: »
    A sticky of cancelled gigs might be handy

Excellent idea. Has anyone started a thread to make into a sticky? If not, I'll do so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

David Gray has been rescheduled to March 2021

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/1242420979688767489?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Going to rammstein is like going to lourds, no virus could survive that gig, and anybody with the virus would be cured.

so i'd say that gig is fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Slane is usually every odd-numbered year.

It's not though.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Penfailed wrote: »
    It's not though.

It looks like it has been since 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane_Festival

3 Arena announcing all gigs scheduled from 30 March to 29 April will be postponed. Looks inevitable that same will happen for Bon Iver on 3rd May. https://3arena.ie/new-page/important-customer-information

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    3 Arena announcing all gigs scheduled from 30 March to 29 April will be postponed. Looks inevitable that same will happen for Bon Iver on 3rd May. https://3arena.ie/new-page/important-customer-information

the government have only postponed until 19th of April?

Bloom is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭Penfailed

bennyl10 wrote: »

Eh? There's loads of stuff beyond the 19th of April that has already been postponed or cancelled. What has the government got to do with it?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Yeah wasnt sure is that a typo or if they're planning ahead and thinking chances that things will change in the 10 days after are very slim.

Penfailed wrote: »
    Eh? There's loads of stuff beyond the 19th of April that has already been postponed or cancelled. What has the government got to do with it?

Becuase the 3arena is sighting a government guideline until 29th of April and I was curious when this became a thing?

Nothing to do with events themselves, just in terms of government guidelines

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah wasnt sure is that a typo or if they're planning ahead and thinking chances that things will change in the 10 days after are very slim.

McD have the 29th aswell
    Wonder was it just not publicised

McD have the 29th aswell
    Wonder was it just not publicised

It's probably that their artists in that period have told them that they can't play or logistically it won't work (ie people landing have to isolate upon flying into Ireland).

Bon Iver postponed to Tuesday 12 January 2021. From a Sunday of bank holiday in May to Tuesday in January. Get that its probably as part of new tour but not ideal for anyone coming up from outside Dublin. https://twitter.com/3ArenaDublin/status/1242817216799703040?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Might reconsider closer to the time but for now I'd much rather have the cash in hand

Refunds: https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

Advertisement